NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 6 ) at Toronto ( -6 ) —- T: 192
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 2.5 ) at Atlanta ( -2.5 ) —- T: 211.5
    10:30 PM EST : Golden State ( -7 ) at Portland ( 7 ) —- T: 219.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• TheGreek

Kyle Lowry back stiffness enough to consider cojo?

• kettab24

this is looking like another DDR 50 spot if LOwry is less than 100%

• lbowen1233

@tmarohl said...

Both

curry or wall is what i’m having trouble with…Lillard locked in

• kettab24

pls don’t play Dwight…he clogs up the lane and he can’t dominate Gortat…I’ve watched all the games he’s not gna get 30mins and his usage is crap

• frugal

@TheGreek said...

Kyle Lowry back stiffness enough to consider cojo?

Cory Joseph is speaking to the media after shootaround… or trying to anyway. Sounds like he’s under the weather, but says he’ll “be fine”

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/856526859252662276

Joseph hasnt sounded great for a while & I noticed a Neti Pot at his locker last week. Hasnt played well this series, illness may explain it

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/856549701902114816

• bigkino217

@frugal said...

Agree.

IMHO, the key on Yahoo is the budget guys:

Oubre/Bogdanovic $10 – Porter’s minutes have been cut back the last 2 games due to him playing through injury. While the news has dropped that he will play, my bet is his minutes do not exceed the low 20’s. Those trying to be sneaky will likely look to Oubre Jr, but with even lower ownership Bogdanovic is an option whose minutes have been trending up each game this series. I feel both are in play to exceed 2X tonight.

Harkless $13 – The first 2 games of the series Harkless saw 34:49 and 29:23 minutes and then took a hit with Nurkic playing last game. I see a bounce back tonight returning totals closer to games 1 and 2 with a solid shot to exceed 2X. I also expect low ownership due to his dud last game and people looking to Powell at the min salary.

McGee/Maker $11/$10 – I think Gortat is a great bounce back play tonight and while Monroe’s price is up to $20, he’s had 31 or more FP in 3 of 4 with his lowest game of 25 still exceeding his salary. In fact I feel playing Gortat with Monroe is a great play. That said, partnering 1 of them with a budget C or punting the position all together will be a great way to differentiate lineups as I think folks looking for relief will look to Powell and McCaw. Maker’s minutes have trended up in every game of the series and Kidd is on record stating he believes playoff experience will quicken his development. He hasn’t had a break out game topping out at 20 FP, but if he see’s around 26 minutes tonight as the trend suggests I think he’s more likely than not to exceed 2X. And then there’s McGee. Rhe minutes are a concern, but he’s a PPM monster and with Nurkic out again McGee has the potential to abuse POR like in Game 2.

i wouldn’t sleep on powell

• billholler

@Cooper08 said...

Larson, Ky Busch, Hamlin, A Dillon

I like 3 of those.

• vikingchay

I’m having a hard time debating if I should pay for Millsap since he’s been trending up or save the money and go for Ibaka?

• Hoss_Man

“I wasnt shocked at all by NeNes performance yesterday. I usually have a share or 2 when the Rockets matchup against bigger Cs. Ofcourse I read the Grind Down and it really made me second guess that choice. I missed the damn boat on that 1 and it probably wont make another voyage this series.”

Honestly, this is where I need help. Where can I get this kind of insight? I like the Grind Down, but it tends to lead chalky plays to be highly owned and the pros tend to find sleepers based on some game strategy that wasn’t talked about.

Where are some places to find out which players are likely to play more minutes than others based on teams expected to play big/small, injuries, history etc.

• lbowen1233

What are your thoughts on mike beasley tonight??

• billholler

Why is everyone so high on Baby Dame today? He’s going to get 5x if it’s at least close for 3 quarters but I’m looking for 6x or better in GPPs and he probably isn’t getting there. If it’s a blowout, he won’t get 4x.

• hbomb57

Anybody ……who would you consider the chalkiest/punt player from any of the away teams tonight as I know most will consider all home players.

• frugal

@bigkino217 said...

i wouldn’t sleep on powell

Powell is the obvious play. I rostered him last game out. Tonight on Yahoo I expect his ownership to be north of 50%, maybe as high as 70%. While I will have some exposure, the only places you can get low ownership during the playoffs are player’s coming off bad games and value options.

• lbowen1233

@billholler said...

Why is everyone so high on Baby Dame today? He’s going to get 5x if it’s at least close for 3 quarters but I’m looking for 6x or better in GPPs and he probably isn’t getting there. If it’s a blowout, he won’t get 4x.

Elimination game at home. Nothing to lose…

• TnCowboy

Ugh. Does Portland come out and play with urgency to stave off elimination or are they disheartened and looking towards next year?
    Does Golden State try to step on the Blazzers collective throats and sweep, or do they play lackadaisical and go for the close at home, even if the cruise control game plan bit them last year…

• steelcitydozer

Thinking of fading millsap after 2 great performances ,thinking keif may contain him

• TheGreek

@frugal said...

Cory Joseph is speaking to the media after shootaround… or trying to anyway. Sounds like he’s under the weather, but says he’ll “be fine”

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/856526859252662276

Joseph hasnt sounded great for a while & I noticed a Neti Pot at his locker last week. Hasnt played well this series, illness may explain it

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/856549701902114816

Thank you, wasn’t aware of the Joseph news.

• frugal

@TnCowboy said...

Ugh. Does Portland come out and play with urgency to stave off elimination or are they disheartened and looking towards next year?
    Does Golden State try to step on the Blazzers collective throats and sweep, or do they play lackadaisical and go for the close at home, even if the cruise control game plan bit them last year…

Personally, I see GSW sweeping POR tonight. But this is playoff basketball so players should still see solid minutes up until it is literally impossible to come back (like up 20 with 2 minutes left).

• Stuffinglover

Why is steph wall and lillard missing from the fd lineup builder?

• bigkino217

@TnCowboy said...

my guess is that portland comes out and plays with urgency, but they still lose by a decent amount because they just don’t have enough talent to compete with the warriors, especially with nurkic out.

• TnCowboy

@lbowen1233 said...

What are your thoughts on mike beasley tonight??

I have him in one….but ONLY because he allowed me to fit my other plays. Although now with the Middleton news, he may be a better play than originally thought.

• billholler

@lbowen1233 said...

Elimination game at home. Nothing to lose…

And they pretty much know they are done. They can say they are professionals and can’t think that way but they got destroyed the 1st 2 games and then humiliated by a demoralizing comeback in their last game. The 60 point ceiling is there but his floor seems way too low tonight for a 9k guy.

• bigkino217

@Stuffinglover said...

Why is steph wall and lillard missing from the fd lineup builder?

they are there. you either excluded them or removed PGs from the list or something.

• 7klub06

Milsap/McGee/Dennis the Menance are locks for me and a little Derozan
    For starters

• tonytone1908

@steelcitydozer said...

Seems silly to even play Durant with the realistic sweep imminent. I guess I could see him get his feet wet and test it, but with a potential week off after this series why risk it

If he’s been practicing with no problems I guess he could always play the first 8 minutes of each half or something, just take it easy and don’t do anything too crazy and it’d just be like practice or shootaround to him.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.