NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 6 ) at Toronto ( -6 ) —- T: 192
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 2.5 ) at Atlanta ( -2.5 ) —- T: 211.5
    10:30 PM EST : Golden State ( -7 ) at Portland ( 7 ) —- T: 219.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• TnCowboy

@frugal said...

Personally, I see GSW sweeping POR tonight. But this is playoff basketball so players should still see solid minutes up until it is literally impossible to come back (like up 20 with 2 minutes left).

Kind of my thinking as well. My issue is committing to 110-69 sweep, or 121-117 sweep. LOL

• billholler

@TnCowboy said...

Although now with the Middleton news

Is a sore throat really an issue? I live in the South. We are used to itchy throats and non stop sneezing for 4 months out of the year.

• tonytone1908

@billholler said...

Why is everyone so high on Baby Dame today? He’s going to get 5x if it’s at least close for 3 quarters but I’m looking for 6x or better in GPPs and he probably isn’t getting there. If it’s a blowout, he won’t get 4x.

He could play all 48 today. Dame don’t wanna get swept by his hometown team.

• gaelicgirl

@lbowen1233 said...

curry or wall is what i’m having trouble with…Lillard locked in

Do you only play one lineup on DK? In the FD Swat (3 entry max) you could play Curry/Lillard and Wall/Lillard. Curry/Wall and Curry/Lillard will be my starting points.

• tonytone1908

@TnCowboy said...

Kind of my thinking as well. My issue is committing to 110-69 sweep, or 121-117 sweep. LOL

How about 132 – 129 in double OT?

• TnCowboy

@billholler said...

Is a sore throat really an issue? I live in the South. We are used to itchy throats and non stop sneezing for 4 months out of the year.

Yeah, didn’t read far enough on FD. Just saw he was a GTD (illness) and missed the shootaround. I’m in the South as well and am still dealing with the sneezing!

• loutheitalian

Delon wright could be sneaky tonight been playing better than cojo

• billholler

@TnCowboy said...

I’m in the South as well and am still dealing with the sneezing!

If Hayward can give it a go whilst dying, scratchy throat Middleton can man up.

• lbowen1233

@gaelicgirl said...

Do you only play one lineup on DK? In the FD Swat (3 entry max) you could play Curry/Lillard and Wall/Lillard. Curry/Wall and Curry/Lillard will be my starting points.

I like sticking with one core lu. I think Wall is just a better fantasy player than curry and lillard. Shoredder can’t defend him and he’s relied on to do more than the the others.

• lbowen1233

@billholler said...

If Hayward can give it a go whilst dying, scratchy throat Middleton can man up.

so….you don’t like Beas tonight? lol

• DirkDigglerz

Roster Kent Bazemore Thank me later

• Hoss_Man

Who is expected to play more minutes tonight Harkless or Evans? Seem like Evans goes 20s, 30s, 20s, 40s. But this is elimination, who will they lean on at SF.

• dcsports21

@vikingchay said...

I’m having a hard time debating if I should pay for Millsap since he’s been trending up or save the money and go for Ibaka?

Wiz pissed Millsap off in game one and he’s been making them pay. Markieff has no chance of guarding him

• lbowen1233

@Hoss_Man said...

Who is expected to play more minutes tonight Harkless or Evans? Seem like Evans goes 20s, 30s, 20s, 40s. But this is elimination, who will they lean on at SF.

I like evan turner ins fast paced games. Especially since hes starting and playing at home. When the pace is up they use him more as a ball handler to push and have dame and cj playing more off the ball

• DC2380

@dmbtrip2004 said...

I just don’t see ABC hitting 50 tonight

i am going to do one line up with ABC, but he has burned me too much during these playoffs

• bigkino217

@Hoss_Man said...

evans?

• lbowen1233

@dcsports21 said...

Wiz pissed Millsap off in game one and he’s been making them pay. Markieff has no chance of guarding him

Agreed. Wiz take another L tonight…only player i’m really eyeing in on is Wall

• dcsports21

@Hoss_Man said...

“I wasnt shocked at all by NeNes performance yesterday. I usually have a share or 2 when the Rockets matchup against bigger Cs. Ofcourse I read the Grind Down and it really made me second guess that choice. I missed the damn boat on that 1 and it probably wont make another voyage this series.”

Honestly, this is where I need help. Where can I get this kind of insight? I like the Grind Down, but it tends to lead chalky plays to be highly owned and the pros tend to find sleepers based on some game strategy that wasn’t talked about.

Where are some places to find out which players are likely to play more minutes than others based on teams expected to play big/small, injuries, history etc.

easy to say you’re not surprised the day after. Did anyone really expect Nene to go 12-12 from the field. No freakin way! This game was a complete fluke for Nene and that’s all there is to it

• DC2380

@superstars92 said...

Well the highest owned PG on DK will most likely be Damian Lillard. Everyone knows it’s an elimination game for Portland, and I can see him playing 40+ mins and taking 20+ shots. It might not still matter, but I don’t think Portland goes down without a fight (especially at home). I can see him playing around 40 mins in any scenario, even if they are getting clobbered by like 25 points with under 6 mins to go. He’s probably going to be chalk on DK for sure.

My guess is the next PG choice would be Schroder. Him and Millsap helped me the other day win a ton, but his price is 7.8k on DK now, which might be the highest all season. I still think he will be highly owned because he’s had a great series so far, but I am less likely to choose him than the other day.

Other than that, I am assuming people will jump to Norman Powell at SF, possibly Patrick McCaw at SG on DK (if Durant is out or likely to be out). I’m not saying they are bad choices, but DK did a great job raising their prices they aren’t 100% musts. With that said, Powell is a safe pick, but not someone you have to have. He’s probably going to be massively owned since he projects to 5x pretty well.

I am going to assume that powell is a better cash than gpp play today

• RobertoTomba

It seems that Scott Brooks likes Brandon Jennings role in the playoffs. I’ve rostered him the last 2 games and haven’t been disappointed (particularly at a still-bargain $3000 on FD).

• DC2380

@superstars92 said...

Also, the Bucks Raptors game is interesting. WIth the Raptors going small again, I wonder how that’ll affect both Serge Ibaka and Greg Monroe playing time. Kidd could counter by either playing Monroe way more or could match up more easily with Ibaka at the 5 by playing Maker more. I have no idea what he will do, but it has some effect on Ibaka/Monroe and obviously the largest effect on Powell, who’s starting. The Bucks are also impossible to choose in DFS. ALL of their players can either go for 3x or 6x. Giannis’ range on DK might be anywhere from 35 FP to 65 FP. Same with the Raptors too – as you guys saw with DeRozan. That game has the largest variance of players.

Anyways, these are just some general observations/guesses on ownership percentages and value plays. I’m not actually recommending them, so hopefully no one comes back and says wow Schroder was a terrbile pick. I’m just saying since he’s done super well the first 3 games, he will be decently owned today and probably projects to 5x decently. However, I actually will lower my ownership of him (compared to last game when he helped me a lot) because his price has gone up and his ownership might go up too today.

good analysis

• mattyice522

@RobertoTomba said...

It seems that Scott Brooks likes Brandon Jennings role in the playoffs. I’ve rostered him the last 2 games and haven’t been disappointed (particularly at a still-bargain $3000 on FD).

I like Jennings too though he did most of his work last time when the game was out of reach

• GGee87

@dcsports21 said...

easy to say you’re not surprised the day after. Did anyone really expect Nene to go 12-12 from the field. No freakin way! This game was a complete fluke for Nene and that’s all there is to it

Saying im not surprised doesnt mean i expected him not to miss a shot. I just thought from the get go that he would be needed to matchup with Adams and ive played him in 1 lineup each time theyve been on the slate…. except last night… and it bit me. Now you can bet your ass it probably wont happen again this series… but hes able to bang with Adams better than Capela and hes pretty capable on the PnR.

• dcsports21

Any concern from Mil having a team total of 93 (10 less than their average)?

• mattyice522

do we know that powell is starting again?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.