NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 6 ) at Toronto ( -6 ) —- T: 192
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 2.5 ) at Atlanta ( -2.5 ) —- T: 211.5
    10:30 PM EST : Golden State ( -7 ) at Portland ( 7 ) —- T: 219.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• iarsenal85

Who will get diarrhea and have to sit 10 seconds into the game tonight? lol

• superjon

@billholler said...

I did. I’s a good reader and stuff.

I found more than a few occasions where he went off in 3 or more consecutive games, but if you think he only does well in every other game then he should do well tonight

• Hoss_Man

Is Noah Vonleh still looking at 25ish minutes tonight or should he be in the 30s?

• kwest

@iarsenal85 said...

Taurian Prince

• gaelicgirl

@J2thez929 said...

DK GPP:

Which combo does everyone like better?

Turner/THJ
    Klay/McGee

Klay/McGee. You couldn’t pay me to roster THJ.

• Hoss_Man

The question isn’t IF Serge Ibaka will screw me tonight, but how much. Uhg!

• Theguy49503

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I need a Center

• GGee87

IS fading Giannis a terrible idea? FD GPP

• Benf15harp

I’m thinking dame will have a game similar to pg13 yesterday. 4-5x value. I do like curry to have a monster game if no KD of course. If KD plays I’m nearly a full fade on both sides of this game. Dk

• Benf15harp

@Hoss_Man said...

He got pulled for JVAL for most if not all the 4th quarter. Shot 4/16 And still got 30+FP. With Lowry maybe not 100% for this one I’m really liking serge tonight

• kwest

The latest DFS research shows that the first position you fill in when beginning roster construction makes all the difference.

• feekdogg

@iarsenal85 said...

Arby’s for lunch says it’s me.

• emoney1214

@tmarohl said...

That is why I don’t like Jason Kidd. Casey is just as bad. Val would be killing it against the Bucks if they let him play.

Monroe has for sure improved on the defensive end this year after being very slow and bad last year. He is a great 6th man with the current minutes (22-28). Basically we tried to put together longest and most athletic team we could. This has led to not great shooting from the outside and Monroe clogging the middle had been a problem with Jabari and Giannias trying to get space. I think what they have done this year has worked well (Henson and Plumlee should never have played though). Some of the “experts” love for Henson also was laughable. He is terrible. We have given him so many chances and he just doesn’t seem to care about basketball. His passion is Chipotle. Thon has been awesome and constantly improving and gaining confidence on both ends. Sometimes people forget fantasy numbers don’t always translate to what is actually happening in the actual game.

• KindGuy

@7klub06 said...

DK players what contest is the one to contribute to tonight?

As as our fellow forum member Mabrla says, play the contest with the highest top prize. For me that means the crazy 8s.

• chatmar

Anyone thought about playing a 3 stud PG line up tonight on DK? I am thinking about playing D. Green at the center position.

• KindGuy

@GGee87 said...

IS fading Giannis a terrible idea? FD GPP

I’m on DK and haven’t played him once during the whole playoffs and have done pretty solidly. I just don’t think he’s as good as people make him out to be. Very overrated.

• KindGuy

@Hoss_Man said...

Just make sure he brings some lube.

• vikingchay

Who has a bigger game, McCollum or Derozan?

• Benf15harp

@elementasrat said...

I’m on DK and haven’t played him once during the whole playoffs and have done pretty solidly. I just don’t think he’s as good as people make him out to be. Very overrated.

Triple dub imcoming

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

These are just some random thoughts from a DK GPP perspective, as I play around with line ups. I’m posting them here as a reminder for me going forward with line ups, or maybe they can help someone else, or to get anyone else’s perspective on these thoughts:

I’m not a fan of the pricing on the top 5 PG’s on DK. They’re all priced a bit too high for my tastes and have a hard time believing any of them do much more than make value. Lowry is too cheap, and easily has a higher point per dollar upside than any of the top 5 PG’s, but playoff woes combined with back spasms have me a little scared off. Even if he suits up they can easily flare up. Hate to rely on McCollum’s shot falling for points. Brogdon is safe and the price is fair, but not a lot of upside at his price either. Seems to make more sense to just pay up and get the raw points then take a shot on him getting 30 FP’s. I’m liking the idea of punting the position and going with Jennings. 2 out of 3 games he’s gotten to 6x. He’ll be on the floor against Calderon who is D deficient. It allows me to pay up elsewhere. It’ll be a contrarian move for sure allowing you to pay up at other spots that people won’t be.

I hate the idea of chasing the points with DDR, but with Lowry ailing it’s hard not to do it. I didn’t get to see the last game either, so I’m not sure if the line up change really helped him or what it was, but he went from shooting 34% in the series to 54% and not sure I can trust him to keep that going. I can repeat what I said about McCollum above here. I really like Beal bouncing back tonight. I expected him to have a great series and don’t see why he can’t repeat his game 2 performance here. Klay is fairly safe with big upside. Iggy is safe, but without the big upside. I like Turner tonight, but he’s better suited to use at SF, as I like many of the SG’s tonight and will most likely deploy them in G spot in my DK line ups. I’ve used THJ every game so far in these playoffs, I’m not going to stay away tonight and get burned.

Turner will probably need to be the go to here. The price hike on Powell and likely chalkiness is screaming to be faded. Middleton’s health aside he just doesn’t have the upside at his price. We all know what Porter can do, he just hasn’t done it in a long time, but 4.9k is really cheap. Might be worth a shot in a line up or 2. Prince, Snell, Oubre and so on are lacking upside as well. SF is just bad. Bazemore may be worth a flier. Will probably debate up until lock whether it’s the right move to just take the raw points from ABC.

PF is solid. Love that Millsap is back to being C eligible by the way, as C is not easy tonight. Concerned about Ibaka’s PT from the last game. Not sure if he’s worth the risk at his price. I think Dray is pretty safe, with just enough upside left to be worth it. West is playable as a not quite full blown desperation cap saving punt. at 2.7k should be good for 15 FP’s. I don’t trust Kieff one bit. Always like sub-5k Aminu. 30-35 point upside.

Center isn’t easy. At 5.7k Monroe is certainly playable, but he’s not going to get more than 25 minutes, so he’s capped right from the beginning. You’re pretty much just hoping he gets 30-35, but compared to other options it’s a pretty obvious way to go. I’m not going to use Howard. I’m not going to use Gortat. Not going to use Jo Val. McGee and Maker are serviceable punts, but again, upside is capped. Each should surpass value though.

To summarize, I really like the idea of just going cheap at PG and let the majority try and figure out who if any of the top guys go off. Plus i’ll be spending up where others can’t. SG is probably the deepest position. I’ll use my Guard spot to roster multiple guys from there. Although I’ll have shares of Monroe I’m liking the idea of taking my PG savings and using Green and Millsap at PF/C.

• DC2380

@elementasrat said...

Yeah I wish I would have faded him in DK. I am fading him just on the game total alone

• bigkino217

@lbowen1233 said...

javale cant play extended min because he gets fatigued quickly and does bullshit when that happens. George karl wa sonto this early in denver. they’ve made him a plus player by having him exert all the energy and play as hard as he can for those 12-15 min he gets. which is why hes been so effective

he’s got asthma. some people have mentioned seeing him use his inhaler on the bench.

• DC2380

@Pandamonious said...

These are just some random thoughts from a DK GPP perspective, as I play around with line ups. I’m posting them here as a reminder for me going forward with line ups, or maybe they can help someone else, or to get anyone else’s perspective on these thoughts:

I’m not a fan of the pricing on the top 5 PG’s on DK. They’re all priced a bit too high for my tastes and have a hard time believing any of them do much more than make value. Lowry is too cheap, and easily has a higher point per dollar upside than any of the top 5 PG’s, but playoff woes combined with back spasms have me a little scared off. Even if he suits up they can easily flare up. Hate to rely on McCollum’s shot falling for points. Brogdon is safe and the price is fair, but not a lot of upside at his price either. Seems to make more sense to just pay up and get the raw points then take a shot on him getting 30 FP’s. I’m liking the idea of punting the position and going with Jennings. 2 out of 3 games he’s gotten to 6x. He’ll be on the floor against Calderon who is D deficient. It allows me to pay up elsewhere. It’ll be a contrarian move for sure allowing you to pay up at other spots that people won’t be.

I hate the idea of chasing the points with DDR, but with Lowry ailing it’s hard not to do it. I didn’t get to see the last game either, so I’m not sure if the line up change really helped him or what it was, but he went from shooting 34% in the series to 54% and not sure I can trust him to keep that going. I can repeat what I said about McCollum above here. I really like Beal bouncing back tonight. I expected him to have a great series and don’t see why he can’t repeat his game 2 performance here. Klay is fairly safe with big upside. Iggy is safe, but without the big upside. I like Turner tonight, but he’s better suited to use at SF, as I like many of the SG’s tonight and will most likely deploy them in G spot in my DK line ups. I’ve used THJ every game so far in these playoffs, I’m not going to stay away tonight and get burned.

Turner will probably need to be the go to here. The price hike on Powell and likely chalkiness is screaming to be faded. Middleton’s health aside he just doesn’t have the upside at his price. We all know what Porter can do, he just hasn’t done it in a long time, but 4.9k is really cheap. Might be worth a shot in a line up or 2. Prince, Snell, Oubre and so on are lacking upside as well. SF is just bad. Bazemore may be worth a flier. Will probably debate up until lock whether it’s the right move to just take the raw points from ABC.

PF is solid. Love that Millsap is back to being C eligible by the way, as C is not easy tonight. Concerned about Ibaka’s PT from the last game. Not sure if he’s worth the risk at his price. I think Dray is pretty safe, with just enough upside left to be worth it. West is playable as a not quite full blown desperation cap saving punt. at 2.7k should be good for 15 FP’s. I don’t trust Kieff one bit. Always like sub-5k Aminu. 30-35 point upside.

Center isn’t easy. At 5.7k Monroe is certainly playable, but he’s not going to get more than 25 minutes, so he’s capped right from the beginning. You’re pretty much just hoping he gets 30-35, but compared to other options it’s a pretty obvious way to go. I’m not going to use Howard. I’m not going to use Gortat. Not going to use Jo Val. McGee and Maker are serviceable punts, but again, upside is capped. Each should surpass value though.

To summarize, I really like the idea of just going cheap at PG and let the majority try and figure out who if any of the top guys go off. Plus i’ll be spending up where others can’t. SG is probably the deepest position. I’ll use my Guard spot to roster multiple guys from there. Although I’ll have shares of Monroe I’m liking the idea of taking my PG savings and using Green and Millsap at PF/C.

Good analyses

• billholler

@elementasrat said...

So far in the last 3 weeks you have said at least 4 of the absolutely best players in the game are overrated. Maybe you should stick to soccer.

• joonbae

• Blogger of the Month

@vikingchay said...

Who has a bigger game, McCollum or Derozan?

I like McCollum. This is an interesting article on playoffs and DeRozan
    https://theringer.com/2017-nba-playoffs-coaches-analysts-explain-playoff-cliches-ec1074245a89

Mainly, the conclusion he arrives at is that players like DeRozan who are inefficient have higher likelihood of struggling in the playoffs if their shot is off or shots are more consistently contended.

Also … for some reason, McCollum shoots much better in Moda Center whether the depth perception on threes is more familiar or he feeds off the crazy amped Portland crowd. McCollum also slashes to basket more at home instead of passing if the three is not available due to defender being closeup. And, since I just made this observation … DeRozan will go off and McCollum will goose egg it.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.