NBA FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 7.5 ) at Houston ( -7.5 ) —- T: 223
    9:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 10 ) at San Antonio ( -10 ) —- T: 186.5
    10:30 PM EST : Utah ( 3.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -3.5 ) —- T: 196.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• tonytone1908

@tmarohl said...

I didn’t say he was a detriment to GS. Like I said, it was a case of if you can’t beat them, join them. He knows he doesn’t have much time left with his injury history and wants a ring. No different than Lebum!

Except Lebum conspired for 2 years to join up with Bosh and Wade in Miami. Any other business and all 3 of them would be in jail.

I believe KD gets his ring and then goes somewhere to turn a team around and end up being their MJ and their Savior. Get his ring for himself but then build his legacy. He could be the LBJ many teams are missing to make that quantum leap. Could you imagine him going to the Heat. Damnnnn… that team would be nasty, and could compete for the next few years.

• tmarohl

@chronoxiong said...

Thanks to playing Joe Ingles, I prevented myself from minimum GPP cashing. His 10 fdp was too brutal to overcome. So I only won a few cash games I entered. Could’ve went Moute. Oh yeah, playing Eric Gordon was costly too since he was one of the lower owned SGs for the night. I still haven’t got a GPP cash in weeks.

Why would you play any of those guys? You would have a better chance of winning just using the lineups that Rotogrinders lineup builder spits out without any alterations.

• tonytone1908

@tmarohl said...

Give me a roster that was worse from 2-15 than OKC’s

Brooklyn? New Orleans?

• KindGuy

@tonytone1908 said...

Brooklyn? New Orleans?

Doing so is pointless. Westbrook dominates usage.

• tmarohl

@tonytone1908 said...

Brooklyn? New Orleans?

Wrong, try again

• tmarohl

New Orleans has AD, Jrue Holiday, Cousins
    Brooklyn has Jeremy Linn, Brook Lopez, RHJ, Booker, etc. Can’t help it the coach didn’t give guys minutes to be really DFS relevant.
    There is not a team in the league that approaches the dearth of talent that OKC had outside of Westbrook, and it is not even close.

• tmarohl

@elementasrat said...

He didn’t dominate usage when he had other players on his team. If that was the case, why didn’t he average a triple double in other years?

• tmarohl

How about naming me one or two guys on OKC that is good enough to start for any other team in the league if you can’t find me a worse roster?

• chronoxiong

@tmarohl said...

Why would you play any of those guys? You would have a better chance of winning just using the lineups that Rotogrinders lineup builder spits out without any alterations.

Going Moute left me with too much salary leftover. I couldn’t upgrade anyone to anyone who I liked. Also, had I not played Eric Gordon, I would’ve gone Crawford who sucked worst. So yeah, I sure was in a dilemma during the afternoon.

• tmarohl

@tonytone1908 said...

Except Lebum conspired for 2 years to join up with Bosh and Wade in Miami. Any other business and all 3 of them would be in jail.

I believe KD gets his ring and then goes somewhere to turn a team around and end up being their MJ and their Savior. Get his ring for himself but then build his legacy. He could be the LBJ many teams are missing to make that quantum leap. Could you imagine him going to the Heat. Damnnnn… that team would be nasty, and could compete for the next few years.

Nah, he will get his ring and then play one more year in GS. Then he will go to whatever large market team that will pay him the most.

• tonytone1908

@elementasrat said...

Seriously. With westbrook you can eliminate 8-15

• tmarohl

@chronoxiong said...

Going Moute left me with too much salary leftover. I couldn’t upgrade anyone to anyone who I liked. Also, had I not played Eric Gordon, I would’ve gone Crawford who sucked worst. So yeah, I sure was in a dilemma during the afternoon.

I guess I just don’t understand your logic. On short slates like the playoffs, just pick two guys who you think will score the most raw FD points, and then surround them with the best values. For instance, Lou Williams was a much better value than Gordan, and has a much higher usage. Joe Ingles usage was inflated by Haywards illness.

• tonytone1908

@tmarohl said...

Nah, he will get his ring and then play one more year in GS. Then he will go to whatever large market team that will pay him the most.

Truthfully, all the top dogs in GS are so selfless that they will all take reduced salaries in order to stay together and still add some more talent. Why the original LBJ trio was so selfish and took max contracts was beyond me. Not a one of them even need their NBA salary to live their luxurious lifestyle. Hell, D Wade even took a cut, and why he did that, considering it was his team in the first place, still makes no sense to me. I could see the GSW guys like Klay, Dray, Iggy and maybe even KD taken less than max contracts in order to keep a decent supporting cast instead of LBJ’s method of relying on half retired 3 pt shooters to help keep him afloat.

I do believe Curry gave quite a discount on his last contract in order to keep Klay and Dray and Iggy around. What does he care? He’s got a 100 million dollar shoe contract, he don’t need NBA money. I promise you he resigns for much less than max money.

• tonytone1908

@tmarohl said...

I guess I just don’t understand your logic. On short slates like the playoffs, just pick two guys who you think will score the most raw FD points, and then surround them with the best values. For instance, Lou Williams was a much better value than Gordan, and has a much higher usage. Joe Ingles usage was inflated by Haywards illness.

Joe’s usage was inflated as well. For some reason I thought Ingles would still do better than JJ. Thought Rivers and his bad hammy would be on Ingles but I think he was on JJ most of the time he was out there. I could be wrong though.

• chronoxiong

@tmarohl said...

I had Lou. I went Lou and E. Gordon as my SGs. I punted the position so I could fit CP3, Conley and Kawhi in. My dilemma during the afternoon was if I dont play Eric Gordon, I was going to play Jamal Crawford instead. But wasn’t feeling Crawford and kept him in for “safe” points. Then I kept Ingles in only because if I pivoted down to Moute, that left me with more salary leftover. Had I made those two decisions in the same lineup, it would’ve given me too much salary leftover and I think it would’ve been worst since Crawford busted badly. It looks like the key in cashing GPPs for the night was trying everything you can do to fit Westy and CP3 at PGs. I didn’t do it.

• tmarohl

@tonytone1908 said...

Seriously. With westbrook you can eliminate 8-15

It seems to me that everyone on OKC ate last year. What Westbrook did with this team was absolutely amazing. He had a center who can’t score. He had a small forward who can’t score. He had a shooting guard who was hurt about 1/3rd of the year and is very inconsistent. He had a rookie power forward who wasn’t a good scorer. He didn’t even have a capable backup pg. He had Semaj Christon, and before that, Cameron Artis Payne. For comparison purposes, last year he had Durant, Ibaka and Waiters. There were more options. Westbrook averaged 23 points per game last year and 10.4 assists. Hardly a selfish player. This year he average 37.4 points per game and the same number of assists. Clearly this is a function of significantly less talent.

• tmarohl

@tonytone1908 said...

Truthfully, all the top dogs in GS are so selfless that they will all take reduced salaries in order to stay together and still add some more talent. Why the original LBJ trio was so selfish and took max contracts was beyond me. Not a one of them even need their NBA salary to live their luxurious lifestyle. Hell, D Wade even took a cut, and why he did that, considering it was his team in the first place, still makes no sense to me. I could see the GSW guys like Klay, Dray, Iggy and maybe even KD taken less than max contracts in order to keep a decent supporting cast instead of LBJ’s method of relying on half retired 3 pt shooters to help keep him afloat.

I do believe Curry gave quite a discount on his last contract in order to keep Klay and Dray and Iggy around. What does he care? He’s got a 100 million dollar shoe contract, he don’t need NBA money. I promise you he resigns for much less than max money.

I don’t believe that will happen. They will all want to get paid.

• tmarohl

@chronoxiong said...

I had Lou. I went Lou and E. Gordon as my SGs. I punted the position so I could fit CP3, Conley and Kawhi in. My dilemma during the afternoon was if I dont play Eric Gordon, I was going to play Jamal Crawford instead. But wasn’t feeling Crawford and kept him in for “safe” points. Then I kept Ingles in only because if I pivoted down to Moute, that left me with more salary leftover. Had I made those two decisions in the same lineup, it would’ve given me too much salary leftover and I think it would’ve been worst since Crawford busted badly. It looks like the key in cashing GPPs for the night was trying everything you can do to fit Westy and CP3 at PGs. I didn’t do it.

Kawhi wasn’t a good play with his increased salary and the game being at home and expected to not be close. I think you should practice with the lineup builder and look at optimized lineups, then make adjustments from there. I don’t think Kawhi was in any of the top 25 optimized lineup combinations it spit out today.

• tonytone1908

@tmarohl said...

I don’t believe that will happen. They will all want to get paid.

I think they all realize they can make a ton more money on endorsement deals by continuing to play on a winning team. Curry already has a huge contract with UA. He doesn’t need the NBA money.

Look at Jay Leno. Dude is rich as hell and has a BAD ass car collection, yet has never touched a dime of his Tonight Show money.

Curry and Co. don’t have to be greedy like the Cavs and Lebron’s Heat teams and will be able to compete for years.

• P0key

I’m just want to give a shout out to all the reddic supporters last night… We did it boys!!!

• clrockny24

too much lineup tinkering last night cost me six cents

• Hardrock1977

@tmarohl said...

Kawhi wasn’t a good play with his increased salary and the game being at home and expected to not be close. I think you should practice with the lineup builder and look at optimized lineups, then make adjustments from there. I don’t think Kawhi was in any of the top 25 optimized lineup combinations it spit out today.

i agree….That’s how i always start my research..i check out the optimized lineups,then tinker things from there…that’s why i decided to play Reddick last night. He had been awful this series,but he showed up on 100% of optimizer lineups,which sold me on him….defintely payed off. The optimizer really does help…It’s not perfect by any means, but it’s a great starting point…

• Hardrock1977

That’s also why i’m cursing myself for not starting conley…he was also in every optimal lineup…ugh lol

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).