Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Thursday, 4/25
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at San Antonio ( -2.5 ) —- T: 208.5

Friday, 4/26
    10:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -9 ) at LA Clippers ( 9 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• NDNole

No Showdown love? Someone is gonna get 100k because of some bench player for Den yet to be known.

• Nmj4786

No two day slate??

• ASitar

I’m putting Mills in 2/3, using 3 different Captains. Craig, Aldridge, and Jokic. Hopefully I can make up for that $100k I should have won last night. I should have listened to that guy that was saying Capella was the play at C. I had him until 7 EST and went Dray and ended up 10 points out of first. Hopefully today’s the day!

• me_mike84

it’s gonna come down to that bench player…..morris, beasley, mills, barton, gay

• newzreview

@Nmj4786 said...

No two day slate??

2 day slate on Yahoo

• NDNole

@ASitar said...

I’m putting Mills in 2/3, using 3 different Captains. Craig, Aldridge, and Jokic. Hopefully I can make up for that $100k I should have won last night. I should have listened to that guy that was saying Capella was the play at C. I had him until 7 EST and went Dray and ended up 10 points out of first. Hopefully today’s the day!

I will fade craig and be ok if he is the reason I don’t cash. He will be 110% owned. Will probably be crushed by the field or crush the field because of me fading.

• superjon

@NDNole said...

I will fade craig and be ok if he is the reason I don’t cash. He will be 110% owned. Will probably be crushed by the field or crush the field because of me fading.

My fade is DDR

• gaelicgirl

@newzreview said...

2 day slate on Yahoo

Playing there today, maybe one showdown entry on FD. Can’t stand these showdown contests.

• markymark13

Looks like FD has a 2 day slate as well. DK predictably does not

• gaelicgirl

@markymark13 said...

Just saw that, thanks!

• RatedDAL

White for MVP is going to take this Showdown.

• ASitar

I think there will be a few ties at the top and a right cash line unless a Bellineli, Mills, or Plumlee put up 25+ points. It’s the playoffs so neither team is using mich of there bench so it’s not real tough for someone who max enters to cover all or most of the bases. You COULD put a guy like Murrray or White in at C in hopes he’s the highest scorer with 45-50 DK points and just get lucky on the remaining spots in what would have to be a 85-90 type of game.

• Agent47

Really wish DK would have the 2-day slate, but thankfully Yahoo does at least. I’ve never had any real success with Showdown slates for whatever reason.

• ASitar

@RatedDAL said...

Haha, that’s what I did. 4 LUs: White, Jokic, LMA, Craig as my Captains. Mills my cheapest, DDR only in one.

GL tonight

• kujo33

Haven’t done a basketball showdown ever. I know super cheap captains seemed to work in football. Does putting someone really cheap in there and hoping they get 15 for 30 have a chance (for DK)? Or are the winning lineups typically main guys at captain?

• me_mike84

i am doing my first one also @kujo33 i would like to think that it’s much more of a long shot putting a guy like craig or a monte morris in as the captain. yes they can have a high score but hard to imagine it would be higher than a jokic, murray, derozan etc.

the only plus side would be that you can have better utility players due to the 1.5x price tag on a captain

• ASitar

@me_mike84 said...

i am doing my first one also @kujo33 i would like to think that it’s much more of a long shot putting a guy like craig or a monte morris in as the captain. yes they can have a high score but hard to imagine it would be higher than a jokic, murray, derozan etc.

the only plus side would be that you can have better utility players due to the 1.5x price tag on a captain

I think using a punt at C can work if the studs you’re able to get all hit/exceed value since you can use them w the cap space that others don’t have. Now, if DDR, LMA, Jokic, and Murray mostly put up 30-40 then the punt at C didn’t do much for you in that regard. I also think that it being the playoffs there aren’t so many bench players getting 25 minutes so you can’t get away w Jokic ©/DDR/LMA/Murray/$3k scrub/$3k scrub like you can during reg season

• damionismyname

@markymark13 said...

probably locks also so you’r stuck with whoever you pick for the next days game. lol

• BerkeleyBoss

@RatedDAL said...

I’m going to out on a limb and say it will be Jokic =)

He’s been the highest scorer of the game 4 of the first 5 games. I’m guessing he’ll be incredibly chalky, but so be it. Feels like you pretty much have to have Jokic and DDR or Aldridge as 2 of the top 3 spots.

Through 5 games, the top 3 scorers have been (in order):

1) Jokic DDR Murray

2) Jokic DDR Aldridge

3) White DDR Jokic

4) Jokic Aldridge Craig

5) Jokic Murray Aldridge

Surprisingly, the top dollar Jokic/DDR/Aldridge combo has only shown up once.

• RatedDAL

@BerkeleyBoss said...

I’m going to out on a limb and say it will be Jokic =)

He’s been the highest scorer of the game 4 of the first 5 games. I’m guessing he’ll be incredibly chalky, but so be it. Feels like you pretty much have to have Jokic and DDR or Aldridge as 2 of the top 3 spots.

Through 5 games, the top 3 scorers have been (in order):

1) Jokic DDR Murray

2) Jokic DDR Aldridge

3) White DDR Jokic

4) Jokic Aldridge Craig

5) Jokic Murray Aldridge

Surprisingly, the top dollar Jokic/DDR/Aldridge combo has only shown up once.

I agree Joker is most likely the top scorer but White is a best shot at being different without being too different which is what its gonna take to take one down.

• BerkeleyBoss

@RatedDAL said...

I agree Joker is most likely the top scorer but White is a best shot at being different without being too different which is what its gonna take to take one down.

Yeah, you’ll definitely win more when that lineup works out, as you should run into way less ties. Of course, the flip side is that it’ll very often dud and not cash. I’m very curious what the MVP Ownership %‘s will look like.

• ASitar

Millsap will be the lowest owned player that could break the slate. He’s priced higher than guys that have been putting up bigger games but he could put up a 40 burger and it wouldn’t surprise me.

• gaelicgirl

@damionismyname said...

probably locks also so you’r stuck with whoever you pick for the next days game. lol

Of course it does! Made a few cheap showdown LUs instead, just to have someone to cheer for tonight. Don’t really care who wins, whoever does will probably get smoked by Dame and CJ in the next round anyway.
    LOL

• Njsum1

@ASitar said...

I think using a punt at C can work if the studs you’re able to get all hit/exceed value since you can use them w the cap space that others don’t have. Now, if DDR, LMA, Jokic, and Murray mostly put up 30-40 then the punt at C didn’t do much for you in that regard. I also think that it being the playoffs there aren’t so many bench players getting 25 minutes so you can’t get away w Jokic ©/DDR/LMA/Murray/$3k scrub/$3k scrub like you can during reg season

I did the math, most of the time your better off using a stud at captain. As long as the stud doesn’t give you an outlier bad performance.

Anything can happen, yet I’m only looking at LMA and Jokic for the Captain. Granted if White or Murray has a ceiling game, they could make sense. Yet I believe ur best chance for a profit is using either of those two players at captain. Yet if you want to yolo someone else, I get it.

I would have included ddr, yet it looks like Craig gives him enough problems for me to fade completely. Good luck all.

• ASitar

Millsap projected higher ownership but I’ll keep him in 2/6. LMA – 2, Jokic – 2, White – 1, Craig – 1. 22+ DK points from Mills could make my night. LMA will play til he fouls out, he should smash. The right 2 Guards from Denver will be in the winning LU (IMO).

GL

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.