Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Thursday, 4/25
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at San Antonio ( -2.5 ) —- T: 208.5

Friday, 4/26
    10:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -9 ) at LA Clippers ( 9 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• samuri8

I can’t believe I profited with no Rudy Gay tonight. When I was looking at the game last night, I was reading some recaps about the series and they all said that Gay had been putrid thus far and would have to put up one good showing to keep his free agency stock from tanking for this summer. So I had that in my head, but still failed to force him into any of my 20 lines.

On another note, the .10 and .25 sats they want you to play with your tickets are kind of lame, because in showdown even if you take first (or second like in my case tonight) you’re likely to be in a train so you don’t get a ticket but a share of the $25. Giving out .10 and .25 tickets as rewards is kind of a joke imo, but I’m still going to try and grab some tickets for the 5/30 milly.

• hautalak

Tried to get too cute with the DEN/SA showdown. Had all the right guys except Morris at CPT. That was the only way I could “fit” everybody though. Live and learn. And also that Jokic 80 whatever you wanna call it was a bit surprising!

• sox9

@hautalak said...

Tried to get too cute with the DEN/SA showdown. Had all the right guys except Morris at CPT. That was the only way I could “fit” everybody though. Live and learn. And also that Jokic 80 whatever you wanna call it was a bit surprising!

you almost never want to scrimp on paying up for an elite Center. Only one slot at that position on FD. Pay up and build around that position—barring an injury replacement situation (e.g. starting Center is out or starting Center will have minutes limited)

• sox9

Beasley killed many LUs, White didn’t help either

• RatedDAL

@sox9 said...

Beasley killed many LUs, White didn’t help either

Those two destroyed me as well. Gotts take chances on Showdowns though. On to GS-Clips Showdown.

• me_mike84

so i made $1.50 in my first ever showdown on draft kings. was kinda ridiculous that there were like 100+ people tied for first lol they should limit the amount of entries for this type of style to like 5.

but anyways….jokic had a monster of a game. from what i gather and i could be wrong…..you need the potential highest FP output as your captain?? fair to say you wouldn’t have cashed had you not had jokic as captain? if the gap was a lot closer between let’s say him and aldridge and you had aldridge as your captain then maybe it’s possible to cash? only cause you give yourself a bit of salary relief.

just trying to better understand the strategy for this style of fantasy.

• ASitar

I think we roll w a lot of Durant, Curry and Pat Bev. I also think GSW wants to just end this and turns on the next gear blowing LAC by 15+. Lou is a bit pricey w that 25 point floor and I’ve got some interest in Cook as a punt.

• Kmasonbx

Wonder if the Warriors show that extra gear I heard they have for the playoffs tonight and blow away the Clippers tonight. Rockets are banking on the Warriors getting the win, already in the Bay waiting for a Sunday game. I think Curry shows up big tonight, been mediocre to bad the last couple.

• samuri8

I wonder if the Warriors might start Looney tonight?

• ASitar

Think Zubac starts tonight? If so, do you play him?

• gaelicgirl

@samuri8 said...

I wonder if the Warriors might start Looney tonight?

Quite possible. Might see a lot more Hamptons 5 with Draymond at center, too.

Can’t imagine a scenario where they allow PatBev to grab 14 rebounds again, that was entirely unacceptable.

• BerkeleyBoss

@Kmasonbx said...

Wonder if the Warriors show that extra gear I heard they have for the playoffs tonight and blow away the Clippers tonight. Rockets are banking on the Warriors getting the win, already in the Bay waiting for a Sunday game. I think Curry shows up big tonight, been mediocre to bad the last couple.

Steph was bad in game 4, definitely not in game 5 though. He and KD have been incredibly efficient this series. They just haven’t been able to stop the Clippers in key stretches.

• BerkeleyBoss

In the FD Single Game contests tonight, KD is 17k and Steph is 14.5k. Feels like Steph will be 80% owned.

• samuri8

Man I want to set lines and leave tonight but I’m worried Kerr will tinker with the starting 5 after that drubbing. Also, Mckinney is a wild card if the rotation gets shaken up. You can roll with him, Livingston or Temple as a punt, I think.

• ASitar

@samuri8 said...

Man I want to set lines and leave tonight but I’m worried Kerr will tinker with the starting 5 after that drubbing. Also, Mckinney is a wild card if the rotation gets shaken up. You can roll with him, Livingston or Temple as a punt, I think.

That’s what I’m trying to figure out – when you have $3k for a spot who has the best shot at 20 DK points. I think Golden State blows them out starting early in the fourth Q so guys like McKinnie, Livingston, Cook, Temple, or Robinson May see 14-16 minutes

• Kmasonbx

@BerkeleyBoss said...

Steph was bad in game 4, definitely not in game 5 though. He and KD have been incredibly efficient this series. They just haven’t been able to stop the Clippers in key stretches.

He was mediocre by his standards in game 5. 4 assists, 3 rebounds, only 15 shot attempts.

• samuri8

Na I am not really looking at blowout contigencies, at least not in more than one or two lines. Temple, Livingston and Mckinnie are the guys who should/probably will get some minutes in a “normal” game.

• Kmasonbx

@samuri8 said...

Drubbing is probably a little strong of a word for a game that was within a possession for much of the final few minutes.

• gaelicgirl

@Kmasonbx said...

He was mediocre by his standards in game 5. 4 assists, 3 rebounds, only 15 shot attempts.

Clippers have done a good job of double teaming him this series.

• ASitar

@samuri8 said...

Na I am not really looking at blowout contigencies, at least not in more than one or two lines. Temple, Livingston and Mckinnie are the guys who should/probably will get some minutes in a “normal” game.

Just read an article that Kerr May go Looney to start and use a essentially a 6 man rotation, which puts Cook out. For my punt punt I think I’m going to go Livingston a hair over McKinnie. I think the game runs through Durant (almost your must-play at C). I think choosing the right 3 guys (Curry, Lou, Gallo, Pat Bev, Dray) to pair w Durant is the right recipe and hope your sub $5k guy is the right play.

• samuri8

You’re right, I suppose I was adjusting for expectations. Do you feel they make any changes in the rotation tonight? I meant to quote Kmason’s post but I have a bad habit of hitting reply when I mean to quote.

• BerkeleyBoss

@Kmasonbx said...

Yeah, fair enough, the volume hasn’t been there. Gotta have pretty high standards to call it a mediocre game when he’s 4-5 from 3 and 6-6 from the FT line =)

• gaelicgirl

@BerkeleyBoss said...

Yeah, fair enough, the volume hasn’t been there. Gotta have pretty high standards to call it a mediocre game when he’s 4-5 from 3 and 6-6 from the FT line =)

They need to find a way to get Steph more shots, would much rather see him with 11 3PAs than Klay.

• Kmasonbx

@gaelicgirl said...

They need to find a way to get Steph more shots, would much rather see him with 11 3PAs than Klay.

Klay should never attempt 5 more shots than Steph unless Klay is having one of those crazy games.

• BerkeleyBoss

@gaelicgirl said...

Yeah, I agree, though it’s not the end of the world if they’re just gonna double him a ton. I’m not too mad at Steph taking only 15 really good looks if that means Klay and KD are also taking a bunch of high efficiency shots. Our offense has actually been great this series, it’s really just our inability to stop the Clippers in 2 or 3 crucial 4-5 minute stretches that have prevented a sweep.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.