Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Thursday, 4/25
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at San Antonio ( -2.5 ) —- T: 208.5

Friday, 4/26
    10:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -9 ) at LA Clippers ( 9 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• gaelicgirl

@BerkeleyBoss said...

Our offense has actually been great this series, it’s really just our inability to stop the Clippers in 2 or 3 crucial 4-5 minute stretches that have prevented a sweep.

Agree, if they bring less than a Game 3 level of defensive intensity tonight I may throw something at the TV LOL

• telestraightshooter

@gaelicgirl said...

Can’t imagine a scenario where they allow PatBev to grab 14 rebounds again, that was entirely unacceptable.

seems Clip’s rotation modification last 2 games (going smaller) leaves him in rebounding position more often w/ more minutes?

• aus1032

Is game 6 Klay still a thing

• telestraightshooter

@samuri8 said...

Mckinney is a wild card if the rotation gets shaken up. You can roll with him, Livingston or Temple as a punt, I think.

IF former Utah star Bogut (same alumni as Poeltl & Notorious) sees loses a dozen or more then I think it get distributed amoungst:

Iggy (if he’s not already maxed out @ 27mins)
    Looney (Looney & Iggy’s per 36 drops 2-4 pts sans Boogie & Bogut vs LAC)
    McKinnie -! wild card!
    & 0-2 minutes for big 4

• telestraightshooter

@aus1032 said...

Is game 6 Klay still a thing

welll… he’s done it @ least twice before?

LAC smaller rotation change since start of game 4 gives him slightly better output in dK over Dray

• gaelicgirl

@telestraightshooter said...

seems Clip’s rotation modification last 2 games (going smaller) leaves him in rebounding position more often w/ more minutes?

Could be, would like to see the Dubs limit him to 18 mins again like they did in Game 3. Early foul trouble or whatever it takes, that pest needs to watch Game 6 from the bench LOL

Don’t expect to see much of Bogut this game, as the Dubs will probably go smaller as well.

• telestraightshooter

significant home/road splits:
    SGA is 50% better @ Staples
    Gallinari is 16% on road

not a direct correlation but I think Galli handles ball more on road w/ SGA’s bad splits.

• telestraightshooter

@gaelicgirl said...

Early foul trouble or whatever it takes, that pest needs to watch Game 6 from the bench LOL

I wonder if the NBA is still operating under their old David Stern model of specific instructions to ref crews to emphasize certain rules as the series progresses?

in other words, the NBA & their TV biz partners have financial interest in extending playoff series in general?
    OF course they do.

Oh, it might create controversy, but that puts more eyes to the screen.

• ASitar

Iggy or Shamet?

• samuri8

I wonder if a 5-1 construction could win it tonight…I’m not brave enough to try though.

• shades

I used Iggy.I just can’t trust Shamet.What about SGA or J Green?

• ASitar

@samuri8 said...

I wonder if a 5-1 construction could win it tonight…I’m not brave enough to try though.

I got one w Lou as my only Clipper. Doing 7 $15 DK LUs. Captains: Durant (3), Bev (1), Klay (1), Lou (1), Dray (1). Lots of Durant, Dray, Gallo, Bev, and Livingston.

GL – only 4 more hours!

• telestraightshooter

@samuri8 said...

it won game 3…. but then the clips pulled their starters in Blowout mode.

there is no tommorow for blowout mode

• gaelicgirl

How many spots do you get for showdown LUs on DK?

• telestraightshooter

@ASitar said...

Iggy or Shamet?

Iggy has better floor, Shamet suffers in new rotation

• telestraightshooter

@gaelicgirl said...

How many spots do you get for showdown LUs on DK?

1 is captain spot @ 1.5 salary & 1.5 multiplier

• samuri8

6, captain is 1.5x points for 1.5x salary. Paying up at captain has generally been far and away the best play in the playoffs so far with a few exceptions.

• telestraightshooter

@shades said...

.What about SGA or J Green?

J Green if you want a floor of 24 Dk pts (& not much more for 24 mins)

65% SGA is over 24 pts
    33% SGA is under 24
    02% SGA = 24

• telestraightshooter

@samuri8 said...

Paying up at captain has generally been far and away the best play in the playoffs so far with a few exceptions.

Like the Joker pulling a 80 burger out of his hat

• gaelicgirl

@ASitar said...

Iggy or Shamet?

Andre “Don’t call me Iggy” Iguodala
    LOL

• @samuri8 said...

6, captain is 1.5x points for 1.5x salary. Paying up at captain has generally been far and away the best play in the playoffs so far with a few exceptions.

Ive played alot of showdowns, i have to agree i generally like using a contrarian captain but for the most part paying up seems to be the right play.

• samuri8

@telestraightshooter said...

Like the Joker pulling a 80 burger out of his hat

Not sure what you mean exactly, but I think it’s as simple as the fact that role players aren’t going to go off very often like they do routinely during the season. The playoffs are when the the stars come out as the talking heads say.

• gaelicgirl

Wow, FD and DK single game contests are really different. You only get 5 spots on FD with 3 different multipliers – MVP 2x, STAR 1.5x, PRO 1.2x – and don’t have to pay extra for any of them, but everyone is insanely expensive already.

• forthemasters69

@gaelicgirl said...

Wow, FD and DK single game contests are really different. You only get 5 spots on FD with 3 different multipliers – MVP 2x, STAR 1.5x, PRO 1.2x – and don’t have to pay extra for any of them, but everyone is insanely expensive already.

Oh interesting…that should limit the number of ties for first place. Last might DK had a 60 way tie for first….I think tonight most people will pay up for Durant in the captain spot which is probably the right move and there will be a ton of ties again.

• Kassdog

@forthemasters69 said...

Oh interesting…that should limit the number of ties for first place. Last might DK had a 60 way tie for first….I think tonight most people will pay up for Durant in the captain spot which is probably the right move and there will be a ton of ties again.

In one of the contest I was in yesterday 1 took 3k I think then a 100 place tie for second getting 400. I think it was the second half contest.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.