NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 5.5 ) at Washington ( -5.5 ) —- T: 212.5
    8:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 8 ) at Boston ( -8 ) —- T: 202

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• xwalker5

@Pandamonious said...

This forum would be pretty boring and entirely useless if every post was just people saying who they liked on this slate every day. How dare anyone question why someone likes a specific player or question their thinking behind a certain play. Maybe the person asking the questions is just trying to get into someone’s mind and see what maybe they’re not seeing. Ben said he liked Kieff. Then someone brought up his foul troubles. Ben said he thought being back in DC it might help with the foul trouble. Problem is Keiff had awful foul trouble in game 2 in DC, and every game since. It also stems back from the MMA comments so there’s also something tangible to attach the troubles to that might make it more than a fluke. No Ben is saying he received bullshit about his comment. Fail to see how a discussion about Kieff’s foul trouble, that is entirely legitimate is “bullshit.”

Got ya, what you said is valid. Guess that the difference between “bullshit” and “discussion” just comes down to perception/sensitivity lol.

How do you guys feel about the C position tonight? The two starting centers with favorable pricing (Howard/Lopez) are risky because of minutes. The other two starting centers with stable minutes (Gortat/Horford) are risky because of production relative to their price. Any strong feelings towards any center? I’m leaning towards Horford. Howard and Felicio also in consideration

• Whitebob

Best utility spot under 2700 on DK?

• jessedio

Fading Howard, Markieff, Butler and Milsap. Heavy on BOS starting 5

• Benf15harp

@Pandamonious said...

This forum would be pretty boring and entirely useless if every post was just people saying who they liked on this slate every day. How dare anyone question why someone likes a specific player or question their thinking behind a certain play. Maybe the person asking the questions is just trying to get into someone’s mind and see what maybe they’re not seeing. Ben said he liked Kieff. Then someone brought up his foul troubles. Ben said he thought being back in DC it might help with the foul trouble. Problem is Keiff had awful foul trouble in game 2 in DC, and every game since. It also stems back from the MMA comments so there’s also something tangible to attach the troubles to that might make it more than a fluke. Now Ben is saying he received bullshit about his comment. Fail to see how a discussion about Kieff’s foul trouble that is entirely legitimate is “bullshit.”

I was saying reason for foul trouble was because of millsaps comments. 2nd game was in D.C. But refs were influenced by millsaps comment. Then game 3/4 in ATL were refs were def gonna have a quick whistle. My point is he shouldn’t be in foul trouble tonight because time has passed since comments and they are back in D.C. is this unreasonable?

• billholler

@Benf15harp said...

I was saying reason for foul trouble was because of millsaps comments. 2nd game was in D.C. But refs were influenced by millsaps comment. Then game 3/4 in ATL were refs were def gonna have a quick whistle. My point is he shouldn’t be in foul trouble tonight because time has passed since comments and they are back in D.C. is this unreasonable?

So you are saying the refs from game 2 haven’t done anything but hang around the house and did some gardening or took a few naps maybe gave the wife a little pickle tickle but definitely haven’t done any work or refereeing since then? Now they have calmed down and won’t call fouls because they are in a better mood after over a week off?

• escot4

• x2

$2M Prize Winner

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Champion

@Benf15harp said...

Personally, I think you overweight the impact of post-game comments immensely.

• goblue84

Playing 1 LU tonight; Wall/”(player-popup)Gerald Green”:/players/gerald-green-13374 or IT/Otto…feels like a coin flip

• escot4

• x2

$2M Prize Winner

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Champion

@goblue84 said...

Playing 1 LU tonight; Wall/”(player-popup)Gerald Green”:/players/gerald-green-13374 or IT/Otto…feels like a coin flip

Well which do you prefer? Walgreens or automatic IT solutions?

• Pat3797

For those disparaging Reddick, He was in my lineup last night and I finished second in the $100,000 Draft King $8 dollar contest!

Pos Name % Draft Game Scoring FPTS

PG Patty Mills 6.5%
    MEM 103 SA 116
    Final
    2 REB, 5 3PM, 1 AST, 20 PTS 26.5
    SG J.J. Redick 15.0%
    UTA 96 LAC 92
    Final
    3 REB, 3 3PM, 1 AST, 1 TO, 26 PTS 32.25
    SF Gordon Hayward 26.8%
    UTA 96 LAC 92
    Final
    8 REB, 4 3PM, 4 AST, 2 STL, 1 TO, 27 PTS 48.5
    PF David Lee 20.3%
    MEM 103 SA 116
    Final
    8 REB, 1 AST, 1 STL, 11 PTS 24.5
    C Clint Capela 15.8%
    OKC 99 HOU 105
    Final
    9 REB, 4 BLK, 1 STL, 1 TO, 8 PTS 28.75
    G Russell Westbrook 38.5%
    OKC 99 HOU 105
    Final
    11 REB, 5 3PM, 9 AST, 7 TO, 47 PTS, 1 DDbl 74.75
    F Álex Abrines 4.4%
    OKC 99 HOU 105
    Final
    3 REB, 2 3PM, 11 PTS 15.75
    UTIL James Harden 45.1%
    OKC 99 HOU 105
    Final
    8 REB, 2 3PM, 4 AST, 2 BLK, 3 STL, 5 TO, 34 PTS 58.5

Total Fantasy Points: 309.50

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@xwalker5 said...

Got ya, what you said is valid. Guess that the difference between “bullshit” and “discussion” just comes down to perception/sensitivity lol.

How do you guys feel about the C position tonight? The two starting centers with favorable pricing (Howard/Lopez) are risky because of minutes. The other two starting centers with stable minutes (Gortat/Horford) are risky because of production relative to their price. Any strong feelings towards any center? I’m leaning towards Horford. Howard and Felicio also in consideration

I’m heavy on Horford. I think he’s got the best floor/ceiling combo. I think Howard was more of a squeaky wheel situation last game. Plus I expect him to be somewhat high owned based on his last game. I may use Felicio as a punt, as I don’t expect the Bulls starters to be on the floor the last 3-4 minutes of the game, but I could very well be wrong. On DK I may use a little Millsap at C, as I don’t like anyone else really and I hate going much more than 50-60% on anyone when I usually only do 10 line ups.

• Beavsftw

Putting THJ in my lineup cuz he’s bound to do something eventually. right?

• MrPerfekt7

So ain’t tryna read everything but who is it for the win.

Liking Wall/Milsap/Green/Horford

• goblue84

@escot4 said...

Well which do you prefer? Walgreens or automatic IT solutions?

Actually thinking about going a different route with Wall/IT as my studs as opposed to Butler and one of those two. I can put Crowder in at SF in Jimmy’s place which I don’t hate. Really pains me as a Bulls fan not to play Jimmy and have some rooting interest involved but I think the Bulls get destroyed and this ends Friday night personally.

• Pandamonious

@Benf15harp said...

It depends how much you weigh the calls going the hometown teams way. If you think DC gets a favorable whistle tonight, it’s not unreasonable.

• DC2380

any love for howard tonight??

• Benf15harp

@billholler said...

So you are saying the refs from game 2 haven’t done anything but hang around the house and did some gardening or took a few naps maybe gave the wife a little pickle tickle but definitely haven’t done any work or refereeing since then? Now they have calmed down and won’t call fouls because they are in a better mood after over a week off?

Everytime a big name player or coach bitches about fouls they always call next game tighter

• Pandamonious

Sorry forgot to quote the post above any love for Howard.

• lorioj

Did yahoo remove daily fantasy from their app today?

• Ryan61290

I pretty much read the thread from start to tip off every day and I don’t think I heard any mention of Rozier. I’m going 40% Rozier in my tourneys tonight because a) lineup differential on two game slate and b) Brad Stevens said he wanted to play him more to handle the ball. At 2.2k on DK, I’m fine with 15-20 min with 10-12x upside.

Need some feedback

• MrPerfekt7

So will Dj Canaan perform for us or flip like Grant?

• Theguy49503

Is Shroder worth his price?

• MrPerfekt7

@Beavsftw said...

Putting THJ in my lineup cuz he’s bound to do something eventually. right?

Said that all in the playoffs and he has failed me. Putting him in 2

• Stuffinglover

@Pat3797 said...

For those disparaging Reddick, He was in my lineup last night and I finished second in the $100,000 Draft King $8 dollar contest!

Pos Name % Draft Game Scoring FPTS

PG Patty Mills 6.5%
    MEM 103 SA 116
    Final
    2 REB, 5 3PM, 1 AST, 20 PTS 26.5
    SG J.J. Redick 15.0%
    UTA 96 LAC 92
    Final
    3 REB, 3 3PM, 1 AST, 1 TO, 26 PTS 32.25
    SF Gordon Hayward 26.8%
    UTA 96 LAC 92
    Final
    8 REB, 4 3PM, 4 AST, 2 STL, 1 TO, 27 PTS 48.5
    PF David Lee 20.3%
    MEM 103 SA 116
    Final
    8 REB, 1 AST, 1 STL, 11 PTS 24.5
    C Clint Capela 15.8%
    OKC 99 HOU 105
    Final
    9 REB, 4 BLK, 1 STL, 1 TO, 8 PTS 28.75
    G Russell Westbrook 38.5%
    OKC 99 HOU 105
    Final
    11 REB, 5 3PM, 9 AST, 7 TO, 47 PTS, 1 DDbl 74.75
    F Álex Abrines 4.4%
    OKC 99 HOU 105
    Final
    3 REB, 2 3PM, 11 PTS 15.75
    UTIL James Harden 45.1%
    OKC 99 HOU 105
    Final
    8 REB, 2 3PM, 4 AST, 2 BLK, 3 STL, 5 TO, 34 PTS 58.5

Total Fantasy Points: 309.50

Congratulations but what a gross line up.

• billholler

@Benf15harp said...

Everytime a big name player or coach bitches about fouls they always call next game tighter

Do you realize that the referee crews rarely coach back to back games in the same series with the exception of the finals?

• jewcup

good luck winning tonight if you don’t play Ersan

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).