NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 5.5 ) at Washington ( -5.5 ) —- T: 212.5
    8:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 8 ) at Boston ( -8 ) —- T: 202

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• ASalvaro

@chronoxiong said...

I was at work all day bro. Had no time for that shit. Work is stressing me out too. Everything sucks for me right now. If Isaiah Canaan had gotten any usage, he would’ve paid off his price tag. If I had faded him and he hit value, I would’ve looked like like a dumbass. Again, nothing is going my way right now. Should’ve known to not trust Gerald Green as well. There’s a reason he’s a been a scrub his whole career.

also even tho he had a great 1st half in his last game they barely used him in the 2nd half of that game..says a lot

• ASalvaro

a great strategy in the nba playoffs is to play the guys that killed you in the last game..you get pissed at them and then they go off next game and you don’t have them…the decent players but not the cheap scrubs

• tmarohl

@AVivier said...

He went 4.2x on DK. Putting results aside, I don’t think he was a bad play, he got the minutes you’re looking for, it just didn’t go well. Lots of variance on guys like him.

There was a good post by Seth Yates in this thread early this morning. Said Caanan on FD was a no brainer. Said Caanan on DK was a different story as there were several players in that price range.

• chatmar

@chronoxiong said...

Gerald Green! Eff you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Isaiah Canaan! Eff you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jimmy Bustler! Darn you!!!!!!!!!!! Wade took up all the usage from the team!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I was finally going to cash tonight after the first game as I had Wall, Beal, Prince and Millsap. It finished at 260 points which fell short on everything again of course. Don’t know will I ever win again.

Hang In! I felt that way during the 1st week of playoffs. If possible drop down to quarter GPP’s. The more I play and learn it is becoming more clear that a balanced line up can do a few things. 1st- you have a fair chance to lose around half your money. 2nd- you have a chance to double or triple your investment. Your chances of winning a GPP are slim with this strategy but you normally have $$$ to play another and when building your line ups make sure the core guys in your line ups are the high usage and high fantasy point guys on their team. Lastly, don’t be afraid to ask some of the people on this site for their input, suggestions, strategy or reasoning. it’s human nature to want to help others and you will find some very smart and helpful DFS players on this forum!

• IronMonkey415

Won $27 we moving on up.

• chatmar

@IronMonkey415 said...

Won $27 we moving on up.

Congrats! Not to good/not to bad for me. Lost $5.00 out of my $12.50 investment. Tomorrow scares me! LOL

• chatmar

Can’t understand why M. Gasol isn’t dominating D Lee?

• Dfspacman

Bulls 3, 2, 1… CANCUN!!!

• thetitanlb

@Dfspacman said...

Bulls 3, 2, 1… CANCUN!!!

No. it’s just called no Rondo. Rondo was playing elite. Losing him was devastating for the bulls

• tmarohl

@chatmar said...

Congrats! Not to good/not to bad for me. Lost $5.00 out of my $12.50 investment. Tomorrow scares me! LOL

Just remember that both games are expected to be low pace, and the stars on all four teams will probably not hit value. That doesn’t mean to go reach for a bunch of low priced players because they will hit value. You still need to be balanced. Think of it more like relative value. For instance, Giannis is the highest priced shooting guard on FD tomorrow at 10.8K. He could hit 55 and bring value, but probably more likely he gets in the mid 40’s. The next shooting guard is Derozan priced at $8,800. He needs about 45 to hit value. I would guess he will probably be in the mid 30’s. So both of these guys I am projecting not to make value. However, you can’t look at it that way. You need to look at the other options at the position. Price drops dramatically for the next tier of shooting guards down to the $4,000 and under range with guys like Danny Green, then even further to guys like Ginobli and Powell. On a big slate, you almost have to play a guy like Powell at $2,600K. On a small slate like this, you need to ask yourself if you will get significantly more points from playing Giannis and Derozan, as opposed to going cheap and playing Giannis/Powell, Derozan/Powell, Powell/Ginobli, etc. Then you need to look at other positions and see if there are guys worth paying up for. That will drive your decision on what to do with Giannis and Derozan. PG you have Conley, Lowry, and then a bunch of cheap guys. Follow the same analysis process. Ownership isn’t important in slates like these. Getting the right combination of guys who put up the most points is the most important thing.

• AVivier

@tmarohl said...

Just remember that both games are expected to be low pace, and the stars on all four teams will probably not hit value. That doesn’t mean to go reach for a bunch of low priced players because they will hit value. You still need to be balanced. Think of it more like relative value. For instance, Giannis is the highest priced shooting guard on FD tomorrow at 10.8K. He could hit 55 and bring value, but probably more likely he gets in the mid 40’s. The next shooting guard is Derozan priced at $8,800. He needs about 45 to hit value. I would guess he will probably be in the mid 30’s. So both of these guys I am projecting not to make value. However, you can’t look at it that way. You need to look at the other options at the position. Price drops dramatically for the next tier of shooting guards down to the $4,000 and under range with guys like Danny Green, then even further to guys like Ginobli and Powell. On a big slate, you almost have to play a guy like Powell at $2,600K. On a small slate like this, you need to ask yourself if you will get significantly more points from playing Giannis and Derozan, as opposed to going cheap and playing Giannis/Powell, Derozan/Powell, Powell/Ginobli, etc. Then you need to look at other positions and see if there are guys worth paying up for. That will drive your decision on what to do with Giannis and Derozan. PG you have Conley, Lowry, and then a bunch of cheap guys. Follow the same analysis process. Ownership isn’t important in slates like these. Getting the right combination of guys who put up the most points is the most important thing.

Think I’m just going to go all in on CoJo and go from there.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Just remember that both games are expected to be low pace, and the stars on all four teams will probably not hit value.

Great advice, will re-read this before making lineups tomorrow. Thank you!

• yorick

Shoulda faded Butler. Had Millsap/Jerebko/Horford like all the winners on FD, but had scrubs like Jimmy, Gerald Green, and THJ tanking me. I knew Schroeder was gonna be low owned tonight but I didn’t play him at all.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #62

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@chatmar said...

Can’t understand why M. Gasol isn’t dominating D Lee?

I don’t think it’s that he can’t, it’s that Conley is taking on even more usage. More importantly with Randolph moving to the starting line up he’s taking usage and shots from Gasol too, making both of them almost unplayable at their prices on DK.

• billholler

@billholler said...

With apologies to ESPN, my First Take on tonight’s slate:
    Canaan is a trap. He’s had plenty of starts and extended runs off the bench this season and did nothing until their last game.
    Wall and Jimmy Buckets will be uber chalk. Probably similar to last night, have to fit in both studs and pick the right scrubbage.
    IT back home and expect him to at least double double with 30+ real points.
    Millsap will score either 25 FP or 60.
    Yellow Spot will score 50 if he stays out of foul trouble.
    Vintage DWade shows up tonight at relatively low ownership.

Fun to look back at my own thoughts. Other than IT only getting 24 real points instead of 30, I’m not sure how I lost money last night. Jimmy Buckets was chalk as expected but didn’t perform well. That didn’t help.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).