NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 5.5 ) at Washington ( -5.5 ) —- T: 212.5
    8:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 8 ) at Boston ( -8 ) —- T: 202

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• DC2380

more upside – Horford or Gortat?? looking for cash and gpp

• Benf15harp

Otto porter seems to be troubled by taurean prince.

• WinBotCity

Everyone be quiet, the big boys are talking.

• mike42

The bulls had success going big (normal rotation) early in the series and than went small after BOS went smaller.because they (bos) couldn’t handle the Bulls size. Its was like Boston did the Jedi Mind trick on Hoiberg and it worked. Boston was like “We will go even smaller so you should take out the bigger players we can not guard.” And Hoiberg was like “You went smaller so I will take out my bigger players and concede victory.”

All I’m saying is there is a chance they go back to their normal rotation, pick and rolls w Rolo, use the post for inside/out game. It’s totally rationale and logical which dramatically reduces the chances of the Bulls actually doing it, but thought it was worth mentioning.

• Benf15harp

@DC2380 said...

more upside – Horford or Gortat?? looking for cash and gpp

Definitely Al

• frugal

Going mostly balanced tonight.

• not4you25

Hadn’t seen that about ESPN, thanks @goblue84

Someone from ATL is going to have a productive 6-7x return, maybe two guys. Everyone else is going to be pretty solid on their core of players. Whoever gets the Hawks points is in a great position tonight. I don’t like any of my lineups completely fading ATL but I see Milsap being the most reliable but also the most expensive.
    Anybody got love for Portis tonight or is it now Mirotic’s position?

• Benf15harp

@Theguy49503 said...

Will Bradley Beals be a good play tonight in you guys opinion? I think Him, Wall and Morris could potentially combine for 100 or more points on DK

Don’t like beals upside at almost 8k

• pheffernan7

@Benf15harp said...

Yea but he shouldn’t be in foul trouble in DC. I like him for 35+ on dk. Millsap at 9k is just too much. I’d rather spend another 1k for jimmy buckets

Millsap is a very good defender too. Not necessarily saying to pivot to Millsap but Kieff might just be overmatched right now. With how atrocious ATL has been defending the backcourt all season, I wouldn’t be in a rush to force feed touches into the post. Again, just my take on the situation.

• frugal

@mike42 said...

The bulls had success going big (normal rotation) early in the series and than went small after BOS went smaller.because they (bos) couldn’t handle the Bulls size. Its was like Boston did the Jedi Mind trick on Hoiberg and it worked. Boston was like “We will go even smaller so you should take out the bigger players we can not guard.” And Hoiberg was like “You went smaller so I will take out my bigger players and concede victory.”

All I’m saying is there is a chance they go back to their normal rotation, pick and rolls w Rolo, use the post for inside/out game. It’s totally rationale and logical which dramatically reduces the chances of the Bulls actually doing it, but thought it was worth mentioning.

The key was having Rondo on the floor directing the offense. Being a Mavs fan, it’s tough to say it based on the way his time here went…but when he’s given free reign to run the offense he’s still very effective.

• Hoss_Man

@sethayates said...

That’s completely fair, we don’t have a lot to work with. Even if we assume Canaan holds at 0.6 FP/MIN he’s still not a must-play on DK at $3,800. What it boils down to is whether or noy you feel his minutes are secure. Is he playing 34 minutes again tonight? It’s hard to say as Hoiberg has been wildly unpredictable with his PG rotation this season (and PF to an extent).

I think Canaan lands somewhere around 16 fantasy points tonight. He’s not going to kill any lineups but he’s an interesting fade strictly for game theory reasons.

But is he a must play on FD?

• billholler

@Benf15harp said...

Yea but he shouldn’t be in foul trouble in DC

His foul troubles started in DC

• Benf15harp

@bigkino217 said...

he has 4, 5, 5, and 5 fouls in the series so far

Note the 4 is prior to millsap bitching. 2 of the 5 in ATL

• Benf15harp

Game 2 is the 1st game after millsap complained

• billholler

@WinBotCity said...

Everyone be quiet, the big boys are talking.

I already said all I’m going to say today. You guys can have at it now.

• escot4

• x2

$2M Prize Winner

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Champion

@Benf15harp said...

Yea but he shouldn’t be in foul trouble in DC. I like him for 35+ on dk. Millsap at 9k is just too much. I’d rather spend another 1k for jimmy buckets

Can you give any reasons why Markieff wouldn’t be in foul trouble in DC? Because all I see are reasons why he probably will be. For example, Markieff averages 4.19 fouls per 36 minutes at home vs. 3.71 fouls per 36 on the road over the entire season. Also, in the 8 games vs. Atlanta Markieff averages 5.2 fouls per 36 minutes. In general, when a guy averages over 4 fouls per 36, it means he’s in foul trouble often and gets his minutes cut because of that. Markieff actually averages 30.1 minutes in home games vs. 32.0 on the road, despite being more effective per minute at home… meaning: he gets in foul trouble a lot at home, and obviously he’s been in foul trouble a ton against Millsap. You’d think he would try to correct this, but is Markieff really the type of player that’s going to specifically try to avoid foul trouble just because he’s been in it 3-4 games in a row?

• billholler

@Benf15harp said...

Note the 4 is prior to millsap bitching. 2 of the 5 in ATL

You just said he wouldn’t be in foul trouble in DC. His worst game was game 2 in DC where he got in foul trouble early and often. Hasn’t stopped since then.

• cfitz19

How many bulls is too many bulls?? Its such a small slate that I feel like its ok, but I also feel like they are the lowest scoring team of the 4 teams playing tonight.

• Benf15harp

@billholler said...

You just said he wouldn’t be in foul trouble in DC. His worst game was game 2 in DC where he got in foul trouble early and often. Hasn’t stopped since then.

2nd time………After millsap bitched after game 1

• WinBotCity

yo 2 million guy, can you call me dumb for playing a lot of zipser tonight and save me money please.

• bigkino217

@billholler said...

millsap was awful game 1, markieff started running his mouth, and he’s been dominated ever since lol. ill still have some exposure but it wont be heavy exposure

• P0key

i was ignoring all the canaan talk all day and just checked what he did last game…….now im going to play a 4th gpp LU just to roster him because he put up 23.90 last game and i did not realize it.

• 7klub06

THJ aka lil Timmy will only make 1 of my LUs. He really ain’t done shit in playoff

• Benf15harp

@escot4 said...

Can you give any reasons why Markieff wouldn’t be in foul trouble in DC? Because all I see are reasons why he probably will be. For example, Markieff averages 4.19 fouls per 36 minutes at home vs. 3.71 fouls per 36 on the road over the entire season. Also, in the 8 games vs. Atlanta Markieff averages 5.2 fouls per 36 minutes. In general, when a guy averages over 4 fouls per 36, it means he’s in foul trouble often and gets his minutes cut because of that. Markieff actually averages 30.1 minutes in home games vs. 32.0 on the road, despite being more effective per minute at home… meaning: he gets in foul trouble a lot at home, and obviously he’s been in foul trouble a ton against Millsap. You’d think he would try to correct this, but is Markieff really the type of player that’s going to specifically try to avoid foul trouble just because he’s been in it 3-4 games in a row?

I’m not saying he isn’t going to accumulate fouls. I’m saying he won’t pick up quick whistle fouls and lose minutes. I like him for full minute allotment tonight.

• escot4

• x2

$2M Prize Winner

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Champion

@WinBotCity said...

yo 2 million guy, can you call me dumb for playing a lot of zipser tonight and save me money please.

Haha… yeah, don’t play Zipser. I tried something similar yesterday playing Doug McDermott who did nothing but grab 2 rebounds that bounced directly to him, and make a routine inbound pass that became an assist. 4 fantasy points… which is well within Zipser’s range of outcomes also.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.