NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

1:00 PM EST : Washington ( 4.5 ) at Boston ( -4.5 ) —- T: 214.5
    3:30 PM EST : Utah ( 4 ) at LA Clippers ( -4 ) —- T: 192.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• RobertoTomba

@7klub06 said...

Any love for Bojan and Crawford today?

Crawford has an extremely high usage rating (25.09), and he’s getting enough minutes to make an impact. We’ve seen signs that his shot is starting to fall, and he’s cheap on FD. The only reason he’s not everywhere for me is differentiation.

• Falconsfly

What are our thoughts on iT? I’ve hated using him lately but have so much wall/Paul feel bed to change it up a bit

• RobertoTomba

@gaelicgirl said...

Think they’ll give Amir another chance in this series?

Still no official word on Amir Johnson, but Brad Stevens’ statements about him being a “team player” last series suggest that he’s going to reward his loyalty with playing time. This is completely different from someone being in the doghouse. You don’t go out of your way to tell the media something like this if you don’t really like the guy. I’m thinking Amir would want to reward that confidence in him. And, how about this: after 3 games off, in a high intensity series, he’s got fresh legs.

Rotogrinders only gives him a 3.56x projection, but everything I just wrote means I think he needs to be rostered anyway on FD at that price.

• Ckp67

@Falconsfly said...

What are our thoughts on iT? I’ve hated using him lately but have so much wall/Paul feel bed to change it up a bit

Personally I think Wall busts. Avery Bradley will be all over him. Usage went down Bradley and Smart guarded him during the regular season. I love IT4 in this spot

• jlizer98

@RobertoTomba said...

Still no official word on Amir Johnson, but Brad Stevens’ statements about him being a “team player” last series suggest that he’s going to reward his loyalty with playing time. This is completely different from someone being in the doghouse. You don’t go out of your way to tell the media something like this if you don’t really like the guy. And, how about this: after 3 games off, in a high intensity series, he’s got fresh legs.

Rotogrinders only gives him a 3.56x projection, but everything I just wrote means I think he needs to be rostered anyway on FD at that price.

Or it means that he “understands” his current role on the bench is “best” for the team. Or it means he is a good guy and really is a “team player”. Or it means nothing.

• tmarohl

@Ckp67 said...

Personally I think Wall busts. Avery Bradley will be all over him. Usage went down Bradley and Smart guarded him during the regular season. I love IT4 in this spot

Define Busts

• RobertoTomba

@Ckp67 said...

Wall benefits from how well Beal (in particular) has been playing, and if Porter can be decent and Keef can keep doing what he did last game, even more so. But, I agree that he’s going to have trouble getting his shot to fall…I expect something like his 37% season-long shooting against them to continue. Then again, there’s a lot of volume there. I have him in half my lineups.

• Ckp67

@tmarohl said...

Define Busts

~42 pts

• P0key

praying Favors show up today and hope Keif get in foul trouble….wo..

• Kmah07

anyone on Pierce?

• tmarohl

@Ckp67 said...

~42 pts

That is only a bust in a two game slate if two other cheaper point guards go off for more points, and the savings from not rostering Wall lets you roster some other higher priced player who puts up more than 42 points. Will you tell me who those players are that I would be sacrificing by playing Wall and his 42 points?

• KindGuy

Do people forget that Atlanta was horrendous during the regular season at guarding point guards? There was no way Schroeder and co. were going to stop Wall. Celtics are a much stiffer test with Bradley and Smart, players that can rough up Wall. Now we’re going to see Wall face some actual playoff defense. Atlanta is so soft.

• moped_jones

@Mrsmith887 said...

Is there a benefit to playing Horford and Gortat in the same lineup or should they be played separately ?

The benefit for Gortat is the price + the minutes. I do have one DK LU with both of them that I really like.

Boston sucks against post players. Washington has SF, PF, and C and are in play today.

• tmarohl

@elementasrat said...

Do people forget that Atlanta was horrendous during the regular season at guarding point guards? There was no way Schroeder and co. were going to stop Wall. Celtics are a much stiffer test with Bradley and Smart, players that can rough up Wall. Now we’re going to see Wall face some actual playoff defense. Atlanta is so soft.

I still think Washington wins this series in 5

• KindGuy

@moped_jones said...

Boston sucks against post players.

But Gortat doesn’t post up. His usage comes strictly from the pick and roll along with those 15 foot jumpers on the pick and pop.

I think Horford comes out on top.

• KindGuy

@tmarohl said...

I still think Washington wins this series in 5

Celtics in 5 or 6.

• Benf15harp

All over it/crowder/horford

• RobertoTomba

@jlizer98 said...

Or it means that he “understands” his current role on the bench is “best” for the team. Or it means he is a good guy and really is a “team player”. Or it means nothing.

If Amir goes out and gets 2 quick turnovers or fouls, it’s back to the bench.

• lbowen1233

Nobody believes in george Hill in an elimination game? Contract season, going to get all the minutes he can handle….

• Benf15harp

Bojan/porter/Kieff looking good as well

• Mrsmith887

@moped_jones said...

The benefit for Gortat is the price + the minutes. I do have one DK LU with both of them that I really like.

Boston sucks against post players. Washington has SF, PF, and C and are in play today.

Bigs against Boston always a target all season long for sure. That 2 game slate just makes it tough when you stop looking at prices and realize you have 4 wizards or 4 celtics lol

• jessedio

All in on C. Paul, D. Jordan, Hill, Hayward. Should all play close to 40 mins.

• P0key

screw it whoever goes off in this wiz/bos game im fading 100% next game…as an experiment

• RobertoTomba

@lbowen1233 said...

Nobody believes in george Hill in an elimination game? Contract season, going to get all the minutes he can handle….

The only reason he’s not in a lineup for me is the point total for the game vs his cost: Rivers is half the price and the other game has more opportunities

• Benf15harp

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.