NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -3 ) at Boston ( 3 ) —- T: 207.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mark_james1985

@UGAdude said...

I tied with 792 other people for first place in the DK $100K contest. Split among that many people that amounts to $247.85 lol. I’ll take it.

yeah you only missed out on $ 99,952.15 ….no big deal…enjoy that $250

• mark_james1985

@superstars92 said...

Sorry to clarify above since I realized I came off a bit arrogant there (since I think everyone would take 1st even if it’s split).

The reason I’m mad is because DK promoted this as a contest that’s like 100k to first to get a lot of people to enter. In reality 1st is 240 dollars. That’s so bad and misleading in marketing. They shoulda just marketed this as a big booster but of course those boosters don’t fill if it’s the size of a 100k to first GPP.

Also it’s very very -EV to enter this contest unless you actually get one of those 1st place finishes.

Since I normally don’t enter boosters or those multipliers I don’t plan on entering this type of GPP again.

the main $1 showdown on DK first place all got $17 each….that means if you max entered 20 lines and still won 1st place, you still lost money. Thats Horrible! should never lose money on any 1st place finish…they need to reconstruct the salaries and or slots so that ties are less likely to happen in mass amounts.

• tmarohl

@mark_james1985 said...

the main $1 showdown on DK first place all got $17 each….that means if you max entered 20 lines and still won 1st place, you still lost money. Thats Horrible! should never lose money on any 1st place finish…they need to reconstruct the salaries and or slots so that ties are less likely to happen in mass amounts.

Or they should be less greedy and eliminate these one game contests where you can’t avoid the ties.

• Genghis_Khan

I had the top 10 lineups in the showdown, one of each of the 10 most optimal. And I lost money. That’s it for me on the big showdowns. Ridiculous.

• tmarohl

@Genghis_Khan said...

I had the top 10 lineups in the showdown, one of each of the 10 most optimal. And I lost money. That’s it for me on the big showdowns. Ridiculous.

How can that happen as it is 10 bucks to enter, and first paid $247? By my math even if the other 9 didn’t cash you still should have been up $147

• Genghis_Khan

Because I had 115 other lineups. 1250 in 750 out.

• tmarohl

@Genghis_Khan said...

Because I had 115 other lineups. 1250 in 750 out.

I see

• Shhhhhhhh

These are the reasons I’ve moved on to Baseball. I’d rather give my money to charity than enter a 150 max single game “tournament”. ( I actually do donate a fair amount of time and money to charity already…… but I’d give more before wasting it on those games. lol)

• Genghis_Khan

@Shhhhhhhh said...

These are the reasons I’ve moved on to Baseball. I’d rather give my money to charity than enter a 150 max single game “tournament”. ( I actually do donate a fair amount of time and money to charity already…… but I’d give more before wasting it on those games. lol)

Any interest in donating to Genghis Khan’s NBA Showdown Foundation? We’re currently accepting pledges.

• Shhhhhhhh

@Genghis_Khan said...

Any interest in donating to Genghis Khan’s NBA Showdown Foundation? We’re currently accepting pledges.

LOL, well played.

I might follow suit and start my own Foundation to help cover the 270 LU’s I had to run with 2 placeholder lu’s (spilt between DK an FD) when the site I use to upload LU’s completely feel to pieces on me today.

(against all odds the DK LU’s all cashed, but it’s not enough to cover the FD loss…. but I’ll certainly take it)

• ripking

I only played one lineup for 1 buck. Now I can buy 17 dollar menu items

• Shhhhhhhh

@ripking said...

I only played one lineup for 1 buck. Now I can buy 17 dollar menu items

It’s better than a sharp stick in the eye.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@superstars92 said...

I wish my cash game team got 1st. It was like 2.25 FPs behind. I think it’s more unique than the ones who got 1st (since there were two lineups that got 1st since Smart = Redick). It probably has 10x the payout of the 792 lineups since probably 80 or so had my cash game lineup.

Yeah, I got first in the FD $7.77 one for about $800, not bad. But I had a team with Tatum and Saric that was 2.5 points behind… if that one wins, only like 25 people are splitting the top 25 places so an much, much better pay day.

I think these are fine as long as you aren’t expecting to get 100k if you win.

• P0key

@tmarohl said...

Or they should be less greedy and eliminate these one game contests where you can’t avoid the ties.

Lol @ THEY should be less greedy.. We the players can’t help ourselves and allow this stuff..

• UGAdude

@mark_james1985 said...

yeah you only missed out on $ 99,952.15 ….no big deal…enjoy that $250

One game slate, 6 man roster, chalk lineup = several hundred people splitting the money. I knew that going in. I’ll take my $250 and be happy.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).