NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 6.5 ) at Cleveland ( -6.5 ) —- T: 208.5
    9:30 PM EST : Houston ( 5.5 ) at San Antonio ( -5.5 ) —- T: 213

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• billholler

@elementasrat said...

You probably won’t win a GPP with a 4 man stack on a 2 game slate. Narrow it down to 3.

On a 2 game slate you are way more likely to win a GPP with 4 guys from the same team than you would be at any other time and has already happened at least twice in these playoffs. Referring to DK of course but you are even more likely to do it on FD.

• scott30346

Patterson & Thompson OR Anderson & Tucker?? I’m stuck

• billholler

@scott30346 said...

Patterson & Thompson OR Anderson & Tucker?? I’m stuck

Anderson & Tucker looks terrible to me but Patterson & Thompson have the lowest ceiling.

• deerosa

But you are right, it is not going to happen with a Lebron, Love, Irving, TT stack as there are not enough points to go around for that to return close to value

If the game is close those guys will be playing a ton. Cleveland’s bench is horrific!

• KindGuy

There have been 6 main slates this NBA season with 2 games. The average optimal stack has been 3.5. 3 is the minimum and 4 is the max. So I guess 3 is playing it safe and 4 is kinda pushing it.

• FDDough

I think Lebron is just gonna go out and BALL on Tornto tonight, like show them the Bucks was NOTHING compared to them

• billholler

@elementasrat said...

There have been 6 main slates this NBA season with 2 games. The average optimal stack has been 3.5. 3 is the minimum and 4 is the max. So I guess 3 is playing it safe and 4 is kinda pushing it.

Winner of Crazy 8s on 4/26 had 4 Wizards. Winner of Crazy 8s on 4/27 had 4 Bucks. Yesterday’s 2 gamer didn’t even have 3 from the same team.

• KindGuy

@FDDough said...

I think Lebron is just gonna go out and BALL on Tornto tonight, like show them the Bucks was NOTHING compared to them

He’s like wine. He’s only going to go more HAM as the playoffs progress.

• goblue84

Apparently Val is the new Rondo; good lord. I will probably pay for LBJ only on DK and go balanced from there. Debating between LMA and Serge; already have Love penciled in at the other F.

• frugal

@deerosa said...

But you are right, it is not going to happen with a Lebron, Love, Irving, TT stack as there are not enough points to go around for that to return close to value

If the game is close those guys will be playing a ton. Cleveland’s bench is horrific!

I could possibly see 2 of Lebron, Irving, Love with TT as a stack, but I agree tough to create a scenario where all 3 of Irving, Love, and Lebron all explode. Usually it seems it’s 1 of the 3.

• RobertoTomba

@tmarohl said...

I could see the winning lineup having a cheap 4 person stack from the same team. Something like Eric Gordon, Lou Williams, Nene/Capella, Ariza/Anderson, and then some higher upside plays. But you are right, it is not going to happen with a Lebron, Love, Irving, TT stack as there are not enough points to go around for that to return close to value. At least on FD. Prices are much lower for those guys on DK so it is more of a possibility.

I have a few lineups with both Williams and Gordon filling my SG spots (FD). Even though Harden did nearly average a triple-double against the Spurs in the regular season, he hasn’t been worth the money in the playoffs. Here are what Williams and Gordon did in the first round:

Gordon: 13.6 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 1.6 apg
    Williams: 18.8 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.6 apg

And, here’s what they did against San Antonio:

Gordon: 16.8 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 2.8 apg
    Williams: 13.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 2.0 apg

If you had a guy you averaged 30 ppg, 5 rpg, and 5 apg and he cost less than $10,000 (FD), you’d start him, wouldn’t you:?

• jessedio

So does Lebron guard Derozan most of the night?

• BUFUu2

@deerosa said...

I agree to this but 6x is possible with those 4 tonight…. just need around 180 from them which james could get 70 of it. James is different on the stacks because he does it all every play he touches it. You still have 18800 left over after those four so you can go balanced with your next picks or go one more star and some scrubbs. Just a thought to try out.

• BUFUu2

@BUFUu2 said...

I agree to this but 6x is possible with those 4 tonight…. just need around 180 from them which james could get 70 of it. James is different on the stacks because he does it all every play he touches it. You still have 18800 left over after those four so you can go balanced with your next picks or go one more star and some scrubbs. Just a thought to try out.

also on 2 game slates not every person has to hit value they just have to come close to it and be the highest dk points out of there groups.. so saying basically if irving gets 38 points and lowry gets 30 your still fine.

• ASitar

Is tonight a night that Pau has one of his 27 point games?

• lembaba

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@frugal said...

I could possibly see 2 of Lebron, Irving, Love with TT as a stack, but I agree tough to create a scenario where all 3 of Irving, Love, and Lebron all explode. Usually it seems it’s 1 of the 3.

I don’t think you need them all to explode. You need one of them two with the other 2 playing solid games. You also need no explosions in the SA/Houston game.

• RobertoTomba

@ASitar said...

Is tonight a night that Pau has one of his 27 point games?

Either that, or 5 points. The current (estimated) lineups I’m seeing have Lee at PF and Aldridge at C. Then, there are those Dedmon projections (which seem unlikely, but I think he’ll have some time on the floor).

• jonesinforwins

I really feel Gasol is mega value tonight, against a Houston team that he should be able rebound against until his arms hurt lol

• frugal

@jonesinforwins said...

I really feel Gasol is mega value tonight, against a Houston team that he should be able rebound against until his arms hurt lol

Wouldn’t that mean Lee is an even better value?

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

I’m imagining a lot of Parker/Mills/Green/Leonard/Aldridge vs. Beverly/Gordon/Harden/Ariza/Nene tonight. Anderson may get some run at C too. I think Capela ends up on the low end of his average. He had pretty significant home/road splits during the regular season that continued into the post season. I think Gasol is going to end up with a lot of the same issues OKC had with Kanter. Part of me thinks he’ll get more run because they need his offense, but it makes way more sense for SA to worry more about slowing HOU down then outscoring them.

• FDDough

I JUST GOT A PROMOTION AT WORK! ALL IN TONIGHT! TODAYS MY DAY

• BerkeleyBoss

I have Delon Wright in a few lineups and really like what I can put in around him. I have him projected at 8 FD points.

Anybody want to talk me off of him? Shouldn’t be too hard lol

• pheffernan7

@BerkeleyBoss said...

I have Delon Wright in a few lineups and really like what I can put in around him. I have him projected at 8 FD points.

Anybody want to talk me off of him? Shouldn’t be too hard lol

You’re attempting a Derozen/Harden/LBJ/Kawhi lineup too i see. Mine was just too ridiculous to hit save.

• moped_jones

@MrSnuffleupagus said...

You guys are way over thinking this slate

I was just looking at your NBA results and thinking perhaps you under think every slate.

• pheffernan7

@pheffernan7 said...

You’re attempting a Derozen/Harden/LBJ/Kawhi lineup too i see. Mine was just too ridiculous to hit save.

……………………or is it?……………..

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).