NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 6.5 ) at Cleveland ( -6.5 ) —- T: 208.5
    9:30 PM EST : Houston ( 5.5 ) at San Antonio ( -5.5 ) —- T: 213

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• moped_jones

@kettab24 said...

At this point in his career Lebron has a lost step though he’s still quite explosive I’m not so sure he’s more explosive and faster than Giannis. Giannis is also longer (I think he’s a ft taller)

I promise you that Giannis is not 7’8”. I think he’s 6’11” if I’m not mistaken.

• jman3034

Only problem I can see with Lebron tonight is the Cavs blowing out Toronto which is seems like it could happen. I’ll have some exposure to Lebron, but won’t be all in on him

• coachzimmer

any thoughts on lineup for FD …every one ive made makes me want to throw up

• moped_jones

Losing streak is now well over a week long. Hope to end it tonight. Made a lot of good picks yesterday except Morris and Jeberko. Unfortunately I was 100% exposure to both. Just barely missed cashing despite the two duds (I know Morris was injured. I saw the play and it looked pretty bad. My fiance, who is a physical therapist said “Oh yeah, he won’t be back” and unfortunately she was right). :(

FD core: Irving, DeRo, Kawhi, Love, TT
    DK core: Parker, Kawhi, Love, Ibaka

Other plays that might be decent…

Ariza has pretty good numbers against the Spurs. My guess is this is b/c Leonard guards Harden? Anyone know if this assumption is correct?
    Tristan Thompson has great numbers (for his price) against the Raptors.
    Beverly has decent numbers (for his price) against the Spurs.
    Danny Green has played well (for his price) against Houston this year.

• colb24

Is everyone really just thinking Kawhi shuts down Harden ?! Harden is my play tonight everyone going Lebron and Kawhi (his price is crazy on DK) …. And Lebron is still better then Giannis in every category possible… Giannis is good and well on his way but still not Lebron …

• coachzimmer

i have deron in a lineup already lol love him at 15+ mag

• moped_jones

@colb24 said...

Is everyone really just thinking Kawhi shuts down Harden ?! Harden is my play tonight everyone going Lebron and Kawhi (his price is crazy on DK) …. And Lebron is still better then Giannis in every category possible… Giannis is good and well on his way but still not Lebron …

I don’t think he shuts him down completely, but I don’t think he’s the highest FP scorer of the night (well, depending on the site)

On FD he and Lebron are the two highest players. I think Lebron out scores him.

On DK he is $500 cheaper than Lebron. The scoring is different on DK. Turnovers don’t count against you as much (and Harden has a tendency to turn the ball over) and you get bonuses for 3pters, double doubles, and triple doubles. So he may be a better play on DK than Lebron, but definitely not FD.

• tmarohl

@kettab24 said...

so I have some thoughts I would like to get some opinions on…the raps seemed to struggle against Giannis but they were eventually able to contain him relatively speaking. Lebron is a better, savvier and smarter player than Giannis obviously but physically I’m not so sure he’ll be a tougher matchup for the Raps. At this point in his career Lebron has a lost step though he’s still quite explosive I’m not so sure he’s more explosive and faster than Giannis. Giannis is also longer (I think he’s a ft taller) and his length really bothered strong defenders like Tucker. I think Tucker will be able to hold is own against Lebron when he’s being backed down compared to how he fared against Giannis. Also now with Ibaka on board if they have to switch in the pick and roll I think Ibaka will be able to hold his own much better than JoVal or Biyombo could last year. Last year Carroll was the primary defender on Lebron..Carroll is vastly overrated as he’s neither quick enough nor strong enough against great players like Lebron. I think Tucker will do a much better job on him.

Also watching the last series against the pacers…Paul George was the only guy who could contain lebron on the pacers but he had such a huge offensive burden that he was unable to effectively keep lebron from getting into the paint late in games. I’m not saying the raps will stop him but the primary defenders on the raptors for Lebron are not the primary scorers on the team and have no offensive burden to speak of. Add in his age and I think he may be in for a tougher than we expect especially considering his price. Thoughts!

I think that is some excellent analysis.

• tmarohl

@coachzimmer said...

any thoughts at center tonite

Yeah, it’s a crapshoot.

• colb24

@moped_jones said...

I don’t think he shuts him down completely, but I don’t think he’s the highest FP scorer of the night (well, depending on the site)

On FD he and Lebron are the two highest players. I think Lebron out scores him.

On DK he is $500 cheaper than Lebron. The scoring is different on DK. Turnovers don’t count against you as much (and Harden has a tendency to turn the ball over) and you get bonuses for 3pters, double doubles, and triple doubles. So he may be a better play on DK than Lebron, but definitely not FD.

Yeah that’s what i’m on is DK …

• tmarohl

Lebron and Harden both at 12.8K on FD. I will have some lineups with one or the other, but tonight is probably the night that a balanced approach will win.

• kettab24

i was trying to be exaggerate Giannis’ height coz of his ridiculous wingspan…didn’t come off as i intended

• deerosa

Going all in with Lebron/Kawhi/Harden Cores. Three MVP’s in my eyes with a ton of value on the slate. It can be done.

PatPat/”(player-popup)David Lee”:/players/david-lee-1500/Tristan/Dedmon will be deciding W’s tonight.

• coachzimmer

anyone else think ne ne crushes this serious and outplays capela i have a feeling he brings it and is all around better than capela bcuz of size and experience

• jtkucheck

@deerosa said...

Going all in with Lebron/Kawhi/Harden Cores. Three MVP’s in my eyes with a ton of value on the slate. It can be done.

You can do this on DK? With $3,500/roster spot after putting these three in?

• dmbtrip2004

@jtkucheck said...

You can do this on DK? With $3,500/roster spot after putting these three in?

I did it on FD, you can do it..but you are praying at most of the other positions

• IronMonkey415

I had the guts to do Harden and Kawhi with some Lee, Irving, D-Will the point guard, Aldridge, and then I erase it when I ended up having Korver in the lineup.

TOO HARD MAN, TOO HARD TODAY.

• Hiqhliqht

Going Nene > Lee and Williams > Gordon.

• billholler

@deerosa said...

PatPat/”(player-popup)David Lee”:/players/david-lee-1500/Tristan/Dedmon will be deciding W’s tonight.

I tried it and it left me with 5 backups which isn’t good on a 2 game slate. Plus I just can’t play Dedmon. If he starts, Capela eats him up with short range jumpers and driving layups. If he backs up Lee, Nene eats him alive on the boards. Just don’t see any upside.

• coachzimmer

this slate is absolutley ridiculous incredibly hard to feel good about any lineup

• moped_jones

@colb24 said...

Yeah that’s what i’m on is DK …

After reading what I wrote I had to slip Harden into some DK lineups, lol. I didn’t realize he was so cheap there. Fading him on FD though.

• hangtime28

Interesting, Ratpors haven’t revealed their starting lineup yet. Powell may be getting benched for PJ to guard LBJ.

• tmarohl

@billholler said...

I tried it and it left me with 5 backups which isn’t good on a 2 game slate. Plus I just can’t play Dedmon. If he starts, Capela eats him up with short range jumpers and driving layups. If he backs up Lee, Nene eats him alive on the boards. Just don’t see any upside.

On DK I find myself using Ibaka at C

• moped_jones

@kettab24 said...

i was trying to be exaggerate Giannis’ height coz of his ridiculous wingspan…didn’t come off as i intended

lol

I don’t even want to imagine a guy that’s 7’8” that can play point guard. Then all the old people will say the game is ruined.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.