NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 6.5 ) at Cleveland ( -6.5 ) —- T: 208.5
    9:30 PM EST : Houston ( 5.5 ) at San Antonio ( -5.5 ) —- T: 213

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• kdsdawg

@Hoss_Man said...

But was that before or after TOR got Ibaka? Didn’t they trade for him?

that’s before…Thompson also got a lot of boards in those games as did JVal
    Thomas had 10, 11 and 14
    Val had 17, 9 and 10
    gotta think Ibaka gets most of those boards that Val had..unless he gets into foul trouble
    the three games they played were all before end of the year
    the last game was the final game and everyone rested on Cleveland so that game is out of the mix

• steelcitydozer

Fire up Frye. Draining 3’s in garbage time

• RobertoTomba

@Hoss_Man said...

Does anyone really think that Harden and LBJ are both going to put up 65FD points each tonight??? The HOU-SA game flow and TOR-CLE potential blow out are scaring me off that idea.

I think LBJ will…I’m riding that train until it stops, which I doubt it will. I jumped off the Harden train before the playoffs: he’s been too expensive to justify rostering. But, this might be the time to slip him into a lineup or two: he’s got a sparkling 29.8 PPG / 9.0 RPG / 11.8 APG stat line against the Spurs this season, Considering what the Memphis backcourt did against the old men of San Antonio, it wouldn’t shock me if Harden (and the rest of the guards) had their way in this series.

• RobertoTomba

Projection alert:

Dewayne Dedmon – who’s name seemed appropriate after a mostly invisible first round – is projected as a 6.38x on Rotogrinders and 7.4x on another site. I’ve learned that when the projection sites really like a guy, they tend to be on to something. And, the price is right (but, that’s what I told myself with Amir Johnson yesterday, too, though these sites didn’t like him).

• eli87

Its tough to predict a blowout especially after a team has sat out for almost a week and might have some rust to shed the 1st half… Plus the Bucks played really good D against Toronto the first round as opposed to the Cavs that played horrid D.. Im not buying the blowout talk here. Its possible but unlikely IMOP!

• thetitanlb

I think Kiwi is the play over Lebron and Harden. In a tunnel i think LBJ scores more points but i think you need to save the money since kiwi scores within 10.

• frugal

@RobertoTomba said...

Projection alert:

Dewayne Dedmon – who’s name seemed appropriate after a mostly invisible first round – is projected as a 6.38x on Rotogrinders and 7.4x on another site. I’ve learned that when the projection sites really like a guy, they tend to be on to something. And, the price is right (but, that’s what I told myself with Amir Johnson yesterday, too, though these sites didn’t like him).

He’s not projected 6.38X on RG, he’s projected at 4.8X DK and the worst PP$ among C’s on Yahoo. He hasn’t played more than 10 minutes in the last 4 games. Now, if he for some reason gets a start I might be interested but Nene is the same price on Yahoo and his minutes are more secure.

• QSchoolDropOut

So how many big names can you fit in one lineup where it still makes sense?

If you get three guys (leBron, Harden, Leonard) who go for 70 points each, doesn’t that negate a possible goose egg and a 10-point perfomance from lower-priced guys?

• thetitanlb

@MrNastyTime91 said...

Will Dedmon have a role this series? That is the question that needs answered.

Why would he have a role? Its pretty clear Pop trusts Lee more in the playoffs. If Deadmon was gonna get run it would have been in a series where they were facing 2 big men on the court at the same time. Now against a team who runs only 1 big on the court at a time you think Deadmon gets a run? People who think that might be a little delusional lol

• moped_jones

@billholler said...

I’m going to be heavy on Jval. Just hope he isn’t today’s version of Amir Johnson.

Or his version of last game where he was headed for 40+ FPs and was never heard from again after the first quarter.

*EDIT: He was also 9.5% owned in the FD gamed I played. So 40 FPs from a low owned cheapie would have been much appreciated.

• thetitanlb

Tucker is a great defender to guard the type of game that Lebron plays. Which is evidenced by his good history against lebron. LBJ tends to try and bully dudes which does not work since Tucker is very physical and can play man up down low.

• jessedio

On DK there is no way to go stars and scrubs. Even the value is still 4-5k a player. I’ll go balanced tonight.

• jessedio

@thetitanlb said...

Tucker is a great defender to guard the type of game that Lebron plays. Which is evidenced by his good history against lebron. LBJ tends to try and bully dudes which does not work since Tucker is very physical and can play man up down low.

LMAO PJ Tucker can’t slow down playoff Lebron

• thetitanlb

I have a hard problem seeing a blowout in the cavs game. Last year they were just a way better defensive team as a whole. This year there defense is just atrocious.

• RobertoTomba

@frugal said...

He’s not projected 6.38X on RG, he’s projected at 4.8X DK and the worst PP$ among C’s on Yahoo. He hasn’t played more than 10 minutes in the last 4 games. Now, if he for some reason gets a start I might be interested but Nene is the same price on Yahoo and his minutes are more secure.

Sorry…i should have clarified I was talking about FD. He’s $2100 there, and probably worth a punt.

• dmbtrip2004

•The only Cavs that played in all four games were Richard Jefferson, Iman Shumpert and Thompson. James, Irving and Kevin Love all missed the fourth game (on the final night of the regular season), Toronto’s only win.
    •DeRozan also missed the final meeting. That was the only game against Cleveland for which the Raptors had P.J. Tucker and Serge Ibaka, but Ibaka didn’t play.
    •The Cavs (66) committed 24 more turnovers than the Raptors (42) over the four games. Cleveland’s turnover rate of 16.9 per 100 possessions was their highest rate against any Eastern Conference opponent.
    •The Cavs (101) took 32 more free throws than the Raptors (79) over the four games. Toronto’s free throw rate of 22 attempts per 100 shots from the field was their lowest rate against any Eastern Conference opponent.
    •Love (21.7 and 12.3) shot just 39 percent, but had a double-double in all three of the games he played in and was one of four players who averaged at least 20 points and 10 rebounds against Toronto.
    •DeRozan’s 29.7 points per game was the second highest scoring average against the Cavs among Eastern Conference players.
    •Irving shot 15-for-28 with Lowry defending him and James shot 6-for-22 with DeMarre Carroll defending him. In two Phoenix-Cleveland games, P.J. Tucker defended James for 10:46 and James took just four shots in those minutes.

• colb24

@jessedio said...

LMAO PJ Tucker can’t slow down playoff Lebron

was waiting for someone to say it lol

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@RobertoTomba said...

Sorry…i should have clarified I was talking about FD. He’s $2100 there, and probably worth a punt.

FD playoff basketball is a joke…not sure why they even have a salary cap. They should just say play who you want at the designated positions.

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

@jessedio said...

On DK there is no way to go stars and scrubs. Even the value is still 4-5k a player. I’ll go balanced tonight.

I just made a lineup, that I“m not using, with Lebron, Harden, and Kawhi. DK priced it so you could go this route, use 2, or only use 1 star. Makes for less duped lineups.

• billholler

@RobertoTomba said...

Dewayne Dedmon – who’s name seemed appropriate after a mostly invisible first round – is projected as a 6.38x on Rotogrinders

Nevermind. Just read the subsequent comments.

• geegoo75

who is the best option between Love, and LMA tonight given the matchups and flow of the game?

• frugal

@RobertoTomba said...

He’s not projected at 6.38X on FD either, he’s projected at 4.6X for a whopping 9.63 FP.

• thetitanlb

@geegoo75 said...

who is the best option between Love, and LMA tonight given the matchups and flow of the game?

Flow and matchups i think thats LMA pretty clearly. That spurs game will have the faster pace and he will be guarded by either Ariza or Anderson. While the cavs game will be slower and Love will most likely be guarded by Ibaka or possibly Tucker.

• RobertoTomba

@frugal said...

He’s not projected at 6.38X on FD either, he’s projected at 4.6X for a whopping 9.63 FP.

Ha…I didn’t refresh the page. Yep…it’s 4.59x now. Thanks.

• ShaneDrainOhhh

LBJ is garbage. ill pass on him and harden. see you l8r. Big L’s for LBJ stacks. Sorry waste of money. Same with harden. Everyone has there off day. Its day 1 and the raptors want this there gonna go hard in the paint. Lowery, DeMar, Kyrie, Ibaka, Love.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.