NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 6.5 ) at Cleveland ( -6.5 ) —- T: 208.5
    9:30 PM EST : Houston ( 5.5 ) at San Antonio ( -5.5 ) —- T: 213

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• scott30346

LMA or JVAL on DK?

• KindGuy

@ShaneDrainOhhh said...

LBJ is garbage. ill pass on him and harden. see you l8r. Big L’s for LBJ stacks. Sorry waste of money. Same with harden. Everyone has there off day. Its day 1 and the raptors want this there gonna go hard in the paint. Lowery, DeMar, Kyrie, Ibaka, Love.

• mike42

Beat writer in Tor said he is more or less certain that Jval starts and doesn’t like the matchup for JVal, just makes sense how rotations would work out.

Strange, but D green and Roberson are similar players, both defensive minded, think guarding Harden helps your stats. Gets you in the game, lots of TO’s, fast breaks. Also, possible fout trouble but I read how they may go under screens and let Harden shoot 3’s just to avoid giving him freebies from the charity stripe. Think D green is an interesting sleeper, could have a game similar to one of Roberson’s, he gets less minutes but is also a much better offensive player as is 99.5% of the NBA compared to Roberson.

• WinBotCity

@ShaneDrainOhhh said...

LBJ is garbage. ill pass on him and harden. see you l8r. Big L’s for LBJ stacks. Sorry waste of money. Same with harden. Everyone has there off day. Its day 1 and the raptors want this there gonna go hard in the paint. Lowery, DeMar, Kyrie, Ibaka, Love.

• KindGuy

Based on my predictions for the series which are that Spurs and Cavs sweep or win in 5, I’m locking in Kawhi, Aldridge and Lebron.

People are seriously undeestimatjng the Spurs, I don’t get it. I’m predicting a Spurs-Cavs finals.

• cliang00

What are chances JVal and Ibaka starting together?

• frugal

@mike42 said...

Strange, but D green and Roberson are similar players, both defensive minded, think guarding Harden helps your stats. Gets you in the game, lots of TO’s, fast breaks. Also, possible fout trouble but I read how they may go under screens and let Harden shoot 3’s just to avoid giving him freebies from the charity stripe. Think D green is an interesting sleeper, could have a game similar to one of Roberson’s, he gets less minutes but is also a much better offensive player as is 99.5% of the NBA compared to Roberson.

I agree. Green under performed against Memphis. I don’t think he gets enough usage to have the same ceiling as Roberson did sharing the floor with Kawhi and LMA, but he’s a solid play tonight IMHO and should be relatively low owned.

• frugal

@cliang00 said...

What are chances JVal and Ibaka starting together?

Makes the most sense IMHO.

• thetitanlb

@frugal said...

I agree. Green under performed against Memphis. I don’t think he gets enough usage to have the same ceiling as Roberson did sharing the floor with Kawhi and LMA, but he’s a solid play tonight IMHO and should be relatively low owned.

I think question on green is. Does he play 26 minutes or like 35 minutes? IF pop decides he wants to use green as the primary defender then id guess 35 minutes and then he comes into play. If he only plays 26 like he did against memphis then meh. Kinda hard to predict i guess.

• kwolf2783

Beverley, Parker, Powell, Sweet Lou, James, Leonard, Serge, Frye, Nene……or take serge out and use aldridge……thoughts?

• ShaneDrainOhhh

green is in play. honestly toronto is gonna put up points. LBJ might go ham….whooopteeeedooo same for lowry or derozen. I’ll take my chances with NeNe over LBJ

• BerkeleyBoss

@elementasrat said...

Based on my predictions for the series which are that Spurs and Cavs sweep or win in 5, I’m locking in Kawhi, Aldridge and Lebron.

People are seriously undeestimatjng the Spurs, I don’t get it. I’m predicting a Spurs-Cavs finals.

You should probably go bet the Spurs to make the finals then, you’ll get a great price.

• ShaneDrainOhhh

I got some with serge some with aldridge and I played kyrie and love but no LBJ

• ShaneDrainOhhh

GINO for the sneek

• FDDough

I love how every slate conversation starts off with someone telling you to fade the best player on the slate

• Theguy49503

@FDDough said...

I love how every slate conversation starts off with someone telling you to fade the best player on the slate

Right lol….

• Dfspacman

What strategy can I use for today’s slate, making just 3 lineupss

• loutheitalian

6.6k is to high for ibaka lock and load love pj and patpat

• FDDough

Between Harden and Lebron im going Lebron on FD. Harden has NEVER hit value in San Antonio and thats when he was 11K. I understand the playoffs are about raw points not necessarily hitting “value”, but Playoff Lebron at home against Toronto is a safer bet.

• coachzimmer

might as well throw poeltl and nogearia out there with that lineup lol

• KindGuy

@FDDough said...

That’s what happens when you have a forum full of Lebron haters. Nothing new to be honest. Just roster him then sit back and relax and laugh at the idiots.

• Element828

Im liking the balanced approach tonight. Both Toronto and SA have good defensive players that can handle Lebron and Harden. I think both can still get around 50fps but for their price you need 60+ for them to help your lineup. Leonard is cheaper but I see Houston putting Ariza on him and hes a pretty good defender. I could be wrong and both Lebron and Harden go out for triple doubles and get you 65-70+ and if you don’t have them you don’t have a shot in a gpp, but I am taking my chances in that they both score around 50fps and doesn’t hurt you if you don’t have them. If you do play both it takes a big chunk out of your salary also, as playing both only leaves you with $4,616 per player on DK. You could play another mid-range guy but then you are stuck playing several value guys and im not seeing much value I like.

You can easily put in Lowry, Irving, Ibaka, Love, DeRozan, and Alridge and then 2 value plays making a pretty balanced lineup with players who should see heavy minutes.

• tmarohl

@eli87 said...

Its tough to predict a blowout especially after a team has sat out for almost a week and might have some rust to shed the 1st half… Plus the Bucks played really good D against Toronto the first round as opposed to the Cavs that played horrid D.. Im not buying the blowout talk here. Its possible but unlikely IMOP!

I don’t think Cleveland is good enough to blow anyone out.

• tmarohl

@Cooper08 said...

FD playoff basketball is a joke…not sure why they even have a salary cap. They should just say play who you want at the designated positions.

Why do you say that? I find the pricing for Lebron and Harden to be cost prohibitive on FD.

• tmarohl

@FDDough said...

I won’t be fading Kawhi.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).