NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 6.5 ) at Cleveland ( -6.5 ) —- T: 208.5
    9:30 PM EST : Houston ( 5.5 ) at San Antonio ( -5.5 ) —- T: 213

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• colb24

@superstars92 said...

Umm while the Raptors might start Serge and JoVal together, they don’t have to have Serge guard Love.

They can easily go small and put Serge on TT and put like Carroll or Tucker or Pat on Love. Love isn’t Minnesota Love. He’s mostly a jump shooter.

You guys forget last years playoffs. Raptors lost in 6, but that’s not bad. It’s probably considered a good result if they lose in 6 this year. Last year they had Bismack Biyombo on Tristan and then used Carroll on Love. JoVal was a bench player last year too. Now they have even more options with Tucker.

Also Val was hurt thats why bismack started to play you can check box scores val played little bit end of series due to injury.

• bigkino217

@colb24 said...

And by doing that kevin love averaged a double double and was killing them and his only “bad game” was because cavs blew them out which he still get a double double… If they do that again Love dominates the series.

love hasn’t played against toronto since december 5. toronto was a completely different team back then. they didn’t even have serge yet.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #91

RG Tiered Ranking

@colb24 said...

Also Val was hurt thats why bismack started to play you can check box scores val played little bit end of series due to injury.

Yea he was hurt, but clearly him being hurt had no effect on the series. That’s my point. They went small with a backup C and won 2 games.

You really think Raptors have any shot at winning? They can try whatever lineup they want. If they only lose 4-2 this series, it’ll be considered very good.

I think you think Raptors actually have a shot this series. Their best result is a 4-2 loss which is what happened last year, and if they want to replicate that I think going the Bismack route is a good idea.

• colb24

@bigkino217 said...

love hasn’t played against toronto since december 5. toronto was a completely different team back then. they didn’t even have serge yet.

I’m talking bout last year in playoffs because thats what he was saying happened last year… a Small forward on Love is crazy… he is a double double waiting to happen and Lue will pick up on that and they will post Love up and Lebron has one of the highest IQ’s in basketball and will read the same situation.

• bigkino217

@colb24 said...

I’m talking bout last year in playoffs because thats what he was saying happened last year… a Small forward on Love is crazy… he is a double double waiting to happen and Lue will pick up on that and they will post Love up and Lebron has one of the highest IQ’s in basketball and will read the same situation.

last year in the playoffs against toronto, his pts/rebs by game was:

14/4
    19/5
    3/4
    10/7
    25/2
    20/12

• colb24

@superstars92 said...

Yea he was hurt, but clearly him being hurt had no effect on the series. That’s my point. They went small with a backup C and won 2 games.

You really think Raptors have any shot at winning? They can try whatever lineup they want. If they only lose 4-2 this series, it’ll be considered very good.

I think you think Raptors actually have a shot this series. Their best result is a 4-2 loss which is what happened last year, and if they want to replicate that I think going the Bismack route is a good idea.

I think raptors win 1 home game possibly… I think the cavs end up in finals possibly losing 2 games in eastern conference finals and 1 to the raptors and I don’t even like the Cavs … Just as a basketball player I think you cant go certain lineups its all matchups and that lineup worked great against bucks but isnt working against cavs

• mattyice522

@bigkino217 said...

mills is a decent defender. im expecting him to play a bigger role in this series.

conley worked mills

• Benf15harp

I like cavs big 3 with ddr and jval tonight

• mattyice522

@colb24 said...

I think raptors win 1 home game possibly… I think the cavs end up in finals possibly losing 2 games in eastern conference finals and 1 to the raptors and I don’t even like the Cavs … Just as a basketball player I think you cant go certain lineups its all matchups and that lineup worked great against bucks but isnt working against cavs

then could norman powell perhaps even be back to DNP?

• KindGuy

@bigkino217 said...

no offense dude, but a couple weeks ago you were saying that you thought portland had the 2nd best chance of making the finals (after the warriors). what changed in those couple weeks that has made you decide SA will now make it (over the warriors)?

Ummmm I don’t know. Maybe it’s the fact that their second best player broke his leg?

The Blazers were a completely different team with Nurkic.

• colb24

@bigkino217 said...

last year in the playoffs against toronto, kevin love had 1 double double in 6 games, and cracked 20 points twice in 6 games. he was terrible in that series.

yeah your right was looking at him and atlanta.

• Hoss_Man

Does any Cavs studs make x5 tonight? Other than TT I don’t see any making value.

• KindGuy

@Hoss_Man said...

Does any Cavs studs make x5 tonight? Other than TT I don’t see any making value.

What site?

• colb24

@mattyice522 said...

then could norman powell perhaps even be back to DNP?

Idk its tough … I just think Ibaka has always been great 4 that stretches defense most of his blocks shots come from helping (rotating over) if hes on Tristan Thompson alot you take a way a huge defensive scheme… Raptors are in trouble either way but I honestly think Val gets some serious run this serious.

• bigkino217

@elementasrat said...

Ummmm I don’t know. Maybe it’s the fact that their second best player broke his leg?

The Blazers were a completely different team with Nurkic.

you thought the spurs had at best, the 3rd highest chance of winning the west just a few weeks ago (behind portland and the warriors). why do you suddenly think they win now? what have the warriors done recently that suggests they aren’t the clear favorite?

• Morty24

Is this regardless if jval gets the start or not?

• mattyice522

@superstars92 said...

basically it is pick your poison. personally I would rather go small and make Tristan Thompson beat me than have jval be getting caught in pick and rolls all night.

• DirkDigglerz

Kinda like some Charles Oakley and Bobby Sura today

• Morty24

@billholler said...

I’m going to be heavy on Jval. Just hope he isn’t today’s version of Amir Johnson

Bill Is this regardless if jval gets the start or not?

• tmarohl

@elementasrat said...

What site?

I would say DK yes, FD no.

• KindGuy

@bigkino217 said...

you thought the spurs had at best, the 3rd highest chance of winning the west just a few weeks ago (behind portland and the warriors). why do you suddenly think they win now? what have the warriors done recently that suggests they aren’t the clear favorite?

I think KD makes them worse.

• FDDough

Norman Powell has played pretty well (excluding one game) against Clevland. Cle still guards the SG poorly, that hasnt changed

• bigkino217

@elementasrat said...

I think KD makes them worse.

that’s silly. warriors had the best offense and point differential in NBA history with KD this season.

• tmarohl

Am I the only one that thinks Toronto has a shot in this series? Cleveland has not exactly been playing well the last 6 weeks. They could have very easily lost game 1 at home to Indiana. Game 2 was relatively close at Cleveland. Game three Cleveland was losing by like 26 and made an epic comeback. Game 4 was relatively close. I think Toronto has significantly more weapons than Indiana has. Toronto also plays defense. Indiana does not. If Cleveland plays like they did against Indiana I could very easily see Toronto taking this to a seven game series.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #91

RG Tiered Ranking

So let’s just wait until 530 and see what Casey says his starting lineup is.

I think they could start both JoVal and Serge, but my honest opinion is it wouldn’t be a good choice to play them together for super long minutes together. I think if things start going poorly, you can see one of the two be on the bench for long stretches in the second half. I personally prefer a smaller TOR team.

As for last year, it is a fact that TOR went small with Bismack at 5 (since JoVal was hurt). For almost the whole game, they had either Carroll or Pat defending Love (Scola played like 10-15 mins and usually that was to replace Bismack for small stretches). And it’s a fact Love sucked last year. I don’t know where you got the double double info from, but Love had a tough time getting any double doubles last year.

So yes Toronto lost 2-4, but they still won 2 games against the champs with this small ball approach. I think this gives them the best shot to win 2 or more games this year, so that’s why I feel like it’s worth it.

Love was actually shut down by Carroll and Pat for large stretches last year so it’s not like because Love is going against someone smaller, he’ll get a double double. It doesn’t work that way because Love isn’t a post player anymore.

Remember Toronto also got Tucker this year as another wing who can guard both Lebron and Love.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.