NBA FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Wednesday, 5/1
    9:00 PM EST : Portland ( 3.5 ) at Denver ( -3.5 ) —- T: 219.5

Thursday, 5/2
    8:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -1 ) at Philadelphia ( 1 ) —- T: 214.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Ts99

Lowry going home for a playoff game worth anything on narrative street? Looked at his games in Philly the last two years and nothing special there, but this is the playoffs.

• TomBradyBlueMamba

Anyone has a good feel on Philly? They are tough to predict. Embiid / Simmons / Harris / Butler all potentially can steal the work. Embiid inevitably should conquer the hold Gasol has on him during his career right? First home game in round 2 could be the spot. He is risky at his price though for sure, given the situation. Simmons feels due for his 50+ game but he was used strongly on defense last game and it worked. Butler the Raptor slayer averages 50 DK points against the Raptors in his career last 2 years, 17-19. But he did get held back in game 1 so can he do it again. We know he is primarily a defender and game closer. J.J. Redick sure could help his team out better. This is a tough team to predict in a single game showdown

• gaelicgirl

@Ts99 said...

Lowry going home for a playoff game worth anything on narrative street?

Maybe 50 cents?

If Brown keeps Jimmy “Don’t call me James” Butler on Lowry, don’t see him scoring more than his average low- to mid-30s again. Really interested to see how Nurse adjusts to Brown’s Game 2 adjustments, as I expect Brown to keep Simmons on Kawhi and Embiid on Siakam again since that worked out pretty well.

• ASitar

I hope Scott sits (although I don’t think he will). I don’t like anyone below $4,200. Taking another shot at Ibaka again. I know he won’t get many minutes, but he can do a lot with 20 minutes. Lowry is my Captain.

• yisman

tinkering with my 2 day lineups but on Yahoo I had Harris/Harkless and on DK I had Curry/Harkless so my lineups are probably dead regardless.

• ASitar

If Ennis plays, is Scott the play or Ennis. I can’t see them completely benching Ennis w the way he’s playing

• sox9

Two ways I can cash. Leonard has an off-game of 40 fantasy points. Butler+Reddick put up 75-80 fantasy points combined. Actually, I may need both to happen.

• sanders_tj

I’ve had really good success playing PG’s against Philly all year so gut tells me to shove Lowry in at MVP spot on the FD $10 contest… gotta be contrarian as the vast majority would be shoving either Butler or Kawhi there, no?

• mj234eva81

@sanders_tj said...

I’ve had really good success playing PG’s against Philly all year so gut tells me to shove Lowry in at MVP spot on the FD $10 contest… gotta be contrarian as the vast majority would be shoving either Butler or Kawhi there, no?

This is playoff Lowry though

• NDNole

One lineup. Done tinkering. Hoping reddick gets about 35 points at 33% ownership or less.

• sanders_tj

@mj234eva81 said...

This is playoff Lowry though

Yeah his usage has been dreadful. Gotta get contrarian on these showdown slates though.

• mj234eva81

@sanders_tj said...

Yeah his usage has been dreadful. Gotta get contrarian on these showdown slates though.

That is true. I think I have him in there once.

• telestraightshooter

@ASitar said...

If Ennis plays, is Scott the play or Ennis. I can’t see them completely benching Ennis w the way he’s playing

Since Ennis returned from injury he’s 20 mins w/ Scott playing.

• ASitar

@telestraightshooter said...

Since Ennis returned from injury he’s 20 mins w/ Scott playing.

Thanks. Ima roll w him

• telestraightshooter

@sox9 said...

Two ways I can cash. Leonard has an off-game of 40 fantasy points.

1 in 4 chance of that.

For some reason Leonard’s dK pts jump 122% vs Philly.
    Thats 56 vs usual 46

• telestraightshooter

@TomBradyBlueMamba said...

Embiid inevitably should conquer the hold Gasol has on him during his career right?

could happen,
    but that’s like a girl wishing her guy will change. ;)

I like the odds of Monroe outscoring Embiid better.

But hey!
    Embiid is projected @ 52% ownership.

• Element828

Embiid has been sooo bad in this series but Idk what to do…Gasol on embiid and Leonard on Simmons has me going to Harris/Butler and reddick feels like a good price. Leonard and Lowry my fav raptors. Have some interest in Gasol but I feel like he will get 20-25 fpts

• BerkeleyBoss

I actually think its somewhat likely that Embiid is the highest scorer in this game. Wouldn’t be shocked if he came out quick and put up 25 in the 1st quarter. Rolling out a couple FD showdown lineups with him at MVP.

• ASitar

@Element828 said...

Embiid has been sooo bad in this series but Idk what to do…Gasol on embiid and Leonard on Simmons has me going to Harris/Butler and reddick feels like a good price. Leonard and Lowry my fav raptors. Have some interest in Gasol but I feel like he will get 20-25 fpts

I’m on the same page. Hopefully our other spots are diff. Good luck to you

• yisman

Monroe and Scott officially GTD, Embiid-style

76ers love this

• telestraightshooter

@yisman said...

Monroe and Scott officially GTD, Embiid-style

76ers love this

Monroe was Probable after shoot around.

I hope scott heals his heel 1 or 2 more games.
    me love more monroe, but he might not see floor w/ his bad defense

• ASitar

@BerkeleyBoss said...

I actually think its somewhat likely that Embiid is the highest scorer in this game. Wouldn’t be shocked if he came out quick and put up 25 in the 1st quarter. Rolling out a couple FD showdown lineups with him at MVP.

Maaaaannnne, why do you gotta say that? He’ll be his lowest owned these playoffs and he ALWAYS can crack 70 DK points. I had to add one more w him at C. 3 total (Lowry, Kawhi, Embiid). I’ll either be giving you a high five or asking you to PayPal me $18

• TomBradyBlueMamba

Leonard feels like the fade. He shouldered all of the work last game and it ended in failure so you would think they look to get the team more involved this game

• Element828

@ASitar said...

I’m on the same page. Hopefully our other spots are diff. Good luck to you

Thanks!! Yeah embiid ownership at 52% makes me underweight on him also. Good luck to you also

• BerkeleyBoss

@ASitar said...

Maaaaannnne, why do you gotta say that? He’ll be his lowest owned these playoffs and he ALWAYS can crack 70 DK points. I had to add one more w him at C. 3 total (Lowry, Kawhi, Embiid). I’ll either be giving you a high five or asking you to PayPal me $18

Haha. Just feels like his minutes should be back in the 30’s & he doesn’t have the stomach thing anymore, so It’s just Gasol’s defense. He’s back at home and I’d like to think that somebody as dominant as Embiid can figure it out and this is as good a time as any for a breakout game.

I still like Kawhi to outscore him, but it’s well within the range of outcomes!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).