NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Friday, 5/10
    9:00 PM EST : Golden State ( 7.5 ) at Houston ( -7.5 ) —- T: 213.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• gaelicgirl

@hobbes2d said...

I mean his entire career going back to college he has a long history of choking and being a huge disappointment when it matters most. Remember he got benched in the 4th quarter vs the Clippers in that epic Game 6 comeback by Josh Smith and Corey Brewer. He’s going to probably come up small again whether it’s tonight or Game 7. It’s who he is.

Let’s not forget his epic meltdown in Game 6 against the Spurs in 2017, where he scored 10 points on 2-11 shooting.
    HOU has lost every elimination game since 2015. Hoping we get Harden’s 2017 Game 6 and Klay’s 2016 Game 6 against OKC where he went off for 41 points. Yeah, that’s the ticket

But they’ll need to beat at least one guy in a striped shirt tonight: Marc Davis

• sox9

These single game slates, even most of the 2-game slates are bankroll depleters w/all the dupe LUs and sharps that cover every possible combination. After running up against Chipotle Addict in a $5 single entry small Double-Up on FD, I just decided I am going to wait for football season. No complaints, turned a single entry small free ticket here into a nearly $300 cash balance by dinking and dunking, and it’s just a hobby for me to entice me watching a few games. NFL is my first love, after Michigan football—GO BLUE! Good luck everyone! Time to begin my research for the fantasy football draft!

• BerkeleyBoss

I’m wondering if there’s really any point to making FD lineups without Harden at MVP. Seems pretty unlikely that anybody outscores him. I don’t think the Rockets let Steph go off for 40+ (though I hope they do!).

Also interesting, Steph and Draymond are the same price and Draymond has outscored Steph in all but one game in this series. However, with KD gone, how likely is Draymond to keep that up?

Should most lineups start with either Harden/Steph or Harden/Dray? I guess we could see game 6 Klay, so maybe Harden/Klay makes some sense. I don’t really see CP3 outscoring everybody on the Warriors.

Further down the list, how do we sort out Iggy (9500), Gordon (10000), Capela (11000) and Tucker (11500)? Getting them right seems very important to this slate, as I could see them finishing in pretty much any order. I might just swap between Harden/Steph and Harden/Dray with either Looney or Bogut as my cheapest and then just rotate around those 4 with some Klay also in the mix.

• NDNole

@sox9 said...

NFL is my first love, after Michigan football—GO BLUE! Good luck everyone! Time to begin my research for the fantasy football draft!

With about NFL.NBA just doesnt seem to be my cup of tea. Start times and injury reporting are really bad and it annoys me. Not with you on michigan though. GO IRISH!

• ASitar

@BerkeleyBoss said...

I’m wondering if there’s really any point to making FD lineups without Harden at MVP. Seems pretty unlikely that anybody outscores him. I don’t think the Rockets let Steph go off for 40+ (though I hope they do!).

Also interesting, Steph and Draymond are the same price and Draymond has outscored Steph in all but one game in this series. However, with KD gone, how likely is Draymond to keep that up?

Should most lineups start with either Harden/Steph or Harden/Dray? I guess we could see game 6 Klay, so maybe Harden/Klay makes some sense. I don’t really see CP3 outscoring everybody on the Warriors.

Further down the list, how do we sort out Iggy (9500), Gordon (10000), Capela (11000) and Tucker (11500)? Getting them right seems very important to this slate, as I could see them finishing in pretty much any order. I might just swap between Harden/Steph and Harden/Dray with either Looney or Bogut as my cheapest and then just rotate around those 4 with some Klay also in the mix.

I agree mostly with what you say about Harden, but if he puts up 55 DK points, he’s no better at Captain than the 3-4 guys that are a few thou cheaper that will be in the 40’s. I’ll have him as captain in 2/5 DK Shpwdowns because if he goes 65+ (pre 1.5) you’ll most likely need him at C. I’m trying to really think outside of the box with this one however. Right now I have Harden/Steph in all (the ball will ALWAYS be in their hands) and Capella and Jerebko in most. Like you said, the Tucker, Gordon, Klay, Iggy area is hard to navigate. Klay and Gordon always make me nervous because they’re more likely to get 28 DK points than 45, but of those 4 they are most likely to HIT 45.

GL tonight

• BerkeleyBoss

@ASitar said...

I agree mostly with what you say about Harden, but if he puts up 55 DK points, he’s no better at Captain than the 3-4 guys that are a few thou cheaper that will be in the 40’s. I’ll have him as captain in 2/5 DK Shpwdowns because if he goes 65+ (pre 1.5) you’ll most likely need him at C. I’m trying to really think outside of the box with this one however. Right now I have Harden/Steph in all (the ball will ALWAYS be in their hands) and Capella and Jerebko in most. Like you said, the Tucker, Gordon, Klay, Iggy area is hard to navigate. Klay and Gordon always make me nervous because they’re more likely to get 28 DK points than 45, but of those 4 they are most likely to HIT 45.

GL tonight

FD you pay the same price regardless of where you put them, so whoever you think scores the most in the game should be your MVP. I agree with you about DK tho, doesn’t make as much sense to put Harden at Captain if he’s not way ahead of the 2nd place guy.

• gaelicgirl

@BerkeleyBoss said...

I’m wondering if there’s really any point to making FD lineups without Harden at MVP.

Wondering if I should even play the FD single game at all, I’m already a nervous wreck over this game. My heart says fade Harden because he’s gonna choke and put Steph, Klay or Draymond at MVP – my head says put Harden at MVP because Marc Davis is going to put 4 fouls on Steph by halftime and give Harden 30 free throws. Ugh.
    Should probably just take a Xanax and sit in a hot bath until game time LOL

• BerkeleyBoss

@gaelicgirl said...

Wondering if I should even play the FD single game at all, I’m already a nervous wreck over this game. My heart says fade Harden because he’s gonna choke and put Steph, Klay or Draymond at MVP – my head says put Harden at MVP because Marc Davis is going to put 4 fouls on Steph by halftime and give Harden 30 free throws. Ugh.

Haha I know right, I’m feeling a lot of nervous energy today. The DFS part of me is worried that Harden will choke as he often has in similar spots, but I figure it’s an emotional hedge. I’m happy to lose a couple hundred bucks if it means the Warriors wrap it up tonight!

• RiskyBiscuits

@gaelicgirl said...

If I were you, or if the Wizards were in this position, I wouldn’t play tonight. Blame for anything going wrong would be on my lineup and I wouldn’t forgive myself.

• me_mike84

no guarantee that harden or steph will be in the winning lineup as captain. actually, i think the last time i saw the winning lineup contain the top overall player was jokic.

i keep seeing winning lineups contain a lower end player to fit in all the better players

• Morphitrix

Durant has played 43 minutes in every game this series other than the OT game (49) and the injury game (32). So the big question is where do his minutes go? Will they be spread out among several players or will Looney see a good chunk of them? Either way Looney is going to be massive chalk in this single game slate..

• ASitar

Bogut is starting to creep into a couple of my LUs. Gotta make some dumb LUs tonight, even consider Gerald G in blowout and GS bench. Blowout? Yes, blowout. I think Houston wins something like 113-92. I have a couple of LUs w only 1 or 2 Warriors. EG/Klay LUs in case the shooters go off.

• ASitar

Just doing 5 DK Showdowns. Captains are Harden (2), Steph, CP3, EG. I have Harden in all, Bogut in 1, 3 w Jerebko. 1 $10 entry in the $44k Showdown w CP3 @ C and no Harden that has a 275 ceiling. Thinking about swapping it w one from the Main Showdown.

• Element828

I guess one way to be different is to fade the warriors cheaper guys (Iggy, looney, jerebko and McKinnie) and go with the rockets cheapies like rivers and Shumpert. My gut is telling me stick to the warriors guys. I love jerebko if they give him min. He’s a high energy guy who can grab boards and hit 3s but if they give time to looney/McKinnie you screwed. I was 100% on aminu last night and he only got 17 mins cause hood realized he can actually play basketball lol so you do gotta think outside the box and try to think what the coaches will do. I can see a path of harden/curry/green being the highest scoring guys tonight so im probaly starting my lineup w them and filling in the rest. Will for sure have one of them in my captain spot as I think they are the safest plays. Only way I play Paul is if I fade harden. No interest in Capela. Love tucker and also don’t mind Gordon but tucker fills the stat sheet and feels safer. I will probaly be underweight on Thompson and hope that curry and green do the most of the damage for the warriors tonight. Good luck tonight everybody.

• okiehorn

@ASitar said...

Just doing 5 DK Showdowns. Captains are Harden (2), Steph, CP3, EG. I have Harden in all, Bogut in 1, 3 w Jerebko. 1 $10 entry in the $44k Showdown w CP3 @ C and no Harden that has a 275 ceiling. Thinking about swapping it w one from the Main Showdown.

I also went with jerebko. Wouldn’t mind loony foul trouble. But my single bullet went Klay cpt to maybe be different but doubt it

• gaelicgirl

@gaelicgirl said...

My heart says fade Harden because he’s gonna choke and put Steph, Klay or Draymond at MVP

Fading Harden and going Splash Brothers with Draymond, think Draymond is the key for Warriors to win.

2 Draymond MVP, 1 Steph and 1 Klay…good luck, everyone!

• jjpk

@ASitar said...

Bogut is starting to creep into a couple of my LUs. Gotta make some dumb LUs tonight, even consider Gerald G in blowout and GS bench. Blowout? Yes, blowout. I think Houston wins something like 113-92. I have a couple of LUs w only 1 or 2 Warriors. EG/Klay LUs in case the shooters go off.

I have a suspicion that Livingston and Jerebko get most of the run off the bench. I have some McKinnie, but no Bogut.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Fading Harden and going Splash Brothers with Draymond, think Draymond is the key for Warriors to win.

2 Draymond MVP, 1 Steph and 1 Klay…good luck, everyone!

Not sure what to think of this game. You would think Houston would roll, but I think Houston is really over rated.

• yisman

there’s an obvious best lineup on fanduel and so many are going to have it….

I’m going to be nuts and use Draymond over CP3

Draymond is overpriced so I’m going to have to use a punt like McKinnie, Jerebko, or Livingston

maybe a 5-10% chance this lineup outscores the optimal, really

the big issue with fanduel is the mvp/star/pro doesn’t help differentiate lineups since like, who is going to use Klay MVP rather than Harden?

DK at least the salary changes.

• ASitar

@jjpk said...

I have a suspicion that Livingston and Jerebko get most of the run off the bench. I have some McKinnie, but no Bogut.

Bogut will allow Dray to play away from the basket and avoid foul trouble. Worth a shot. 25 point upside.

• BerkeleyBoss

@yisman said...

there’s an obvious best lineup on fanduel and so many are going to have it….

I’m going to be nuts and use Draymond over CP3

Draymond is overpriced so I’m going to have to use a punt like McKinnie, Jerebko, or Livingston

maybe a 5-10% chance this lineup outscores the optimal, really

the big issue with fanduel is the mvp/star/pro doesn’t help differentiate lineups since like, who is going to use Klay MVP rather than Harden?

DK at least the salary changes.

I’m curious what you think that lineup is. I’m assuming I have it, as I play pretty chalky lol, but maybe not because I can’t find one that really seems to stand out.

• BerkeleyBoss

Bogut is starting

• yisman

I PMed it to you since I don’t think we’re supposed to post full lineups

anyway, with Bogut now starting, maybe he’s viable on FD?

Plays 10-15 minutes, might get some usage

question is will he be a better play than Livingston or Jerebko?

• ASitar

Wow. Swapped Bogut for Jerebko, more CP3

• BerkeleyBoss

@yisman said...

I PMed it to you since I don’t think we’re supposed to post full lineups

anyway, with Bogut now starting, maybe he’s viable on FD?

Plays 10-15 minutes, might get some usage

question is will he be a better play than Livingston or Jerebko?

I’ve got Bogut in half my lineups. Was gonna swap to Jerebko if Bogut wasn’t starting. I figure he’s the favorite to score the most out of anybody cheaper than Looney and I like the players he allows me to put in the 3 multiplier spots.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler