NBA FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

5/11
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 7 ) at Houston ( -7 ) —- T: 213

5/12
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 5.5 ) at Washington ( -5.5 ) —- T: 216.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

All in Wall, Beverly, Harden, and Simmons

• loutheitalian

Any thoughts on Kyle anderson if kahwi is out

• billholler

@loutheitalian said...

Any thoughts on Kyle anderson if kahwi is out

Don’t see Kawhi sitting this one out. He said he’s playing. Even if he’s limited, I don’t see the extra minutes going to Anderson. He isn’t very good. He will only get 10+ minutes if it’s a blow out.

• coachzimmer

IT4 harden capela Aldrich

• cakesgood

So, Wall may end up being the fade play from yesterday. Who would have guessed. Was glad to see Avery less than 20% owned. Rostering Rozier was my only fault.

• billholler

@cakesgood said...

Rostering Rozier was my only fault.

Rozier was a good pick. Started out hot and then completely faded.

• cakesgood

@billholler said...

Rozier was a good pick. Started out hot and then completely faded.

I agree he was a great pick. Minutes have been there, production has been reasonable, and his price was too difficult to ignore. I would rather pay $2500 (FD) for a guy that has the potential to score 20-25 fps, than pay $4600-$5500 for MIlls or Bev who have a better floor, but have relatively the same ceiling. Just didn’t work out this time. I should still cash though, just no top %1 finish.

• cakesgood

If Kawhii is limited to some extent, who will pick up his production? Will Ginobli get a run at 25+ minutes again and chuck 3’s up like they are going out of style? Will Mills be the driver? Can LMA keep up with his production? I’m hoping Pop lets Simmons loose. I’m thinking he’s going to be super chalky though.

• IronMonkey415

I see we have some Wizard of Oz action tonight.
    What’s next Super Mario action?

• RogueGrinder

Not gonna pick Bradley, he won’t repeat twice lol. I mean go ahead and pick him but they in the playoffs they game plan.

• P0key

This new slate im starting to ponder if i should fade Harden and play more Wizards and Boston in hopes that it is a tight game where Boston shows up on the road to try and close it out..maybe we can get another 70 burger Wall and 50 burger IT..

• tmarohl

@cakesgood said...

So, Wall may end up being the fade play from yesterday. Who would have guessed. Was glad to see Avery less than 20% owned. Rostering Rozier was my only fault.

Wall was in quite a few of the winning lineups on FD for the Tuesday/Wednesday slate.

• tmarohl

@billholler said...

Don’t see Kawhi sitting this one out. He said he’s playing. Even if he’s limited, I don’t see the extra minutes going to Anderson. He isn’t very good. He will only get 10+ minutes if it’s a blow out.

The case can be made both ways.

Play – try to get the win on the road, increased risk that ankle will be worse for a potential game 7, thus making the chances that Houston can win a game 7 on the road higher.

Don’t play – let the ankle have two or three more days to respond to treatment. Go into a potential game 7 at full strength at home.

Pop is typically very conservative, so I am currently leaning toward the don’t play option. If he does play, he could be very risky because if Houston gets a sizeable lead at any point we have seen Pop throw in the towel early.

• zline34

Just curious. How can you guys stand playing these 2 game slates? Unless your are max entering.

• tmarohl

@zline34 said...

Just curious. How can you guys stand playing these 2 game slates? Unless your are max entering.

I probably made the most money consistently during the regular season playing the FD late night two or three game slates. I have never max entered. Usually would put in maybe 7-10 covering the most realistic possibilities. The thing that has changed during the playoffs is the entry fees have went up. Instead of playing 7-10 three or four dollar entries, they are now wight or nine dollar entries.

• cakesgood

@tmarohl said...

Wall was in quite a few of the winning lineups on FD for the Tuesday/Wednesday slate.

I’m talking about the Wed/Thursday slate. With Harden and Kawhii, paying down at PG might have been the way to go. We’ll see though, depends how tonights game plays out. Overall though, 35 FD points from Wall is quite underwhelming.

• colb24

still like Hortford even on the road… Brad was running different motion where IT screens alot knowing Beal has no help responsibility if Wizards adjust then IT will get loose a little bit if not Hortford trip dub coming soon.

• jcrebs

I am a single lineup/single entry GPP player on DK. Low $ contests, which DK eliminated a few days ago. I switched to the 3 entry $3 Hotshot, and now that contest is gone also. Put one entry in the 20 entry max 4 point play , don’t like the odds on a two game slate, so probably my last day of DFS until NFL is back. Did keep a Wall/Harden combo again today.

• RobertoTomba

I’m really getting sick of looking at these teams. You’d think I’d be happy to have some familiar patterns to follow, but honestly I just want to see these series up so we can get on with the conference finals. And, yeah, more 2-day slates.

• tmarohl

@cakesgood said...

I’m talking about the Wed/Thursday slate. With Harden and Kawhii, paying down at PG might have been the way to go. We’ll see though, depends how tonights game plays out. Overall though, 35 FD points from Wall is quite underwhelming.

You had Harden and Kawhi in the Tuesday/Wednesday slate as well. They both put up over 50 FD points, and Wall was still in a number of the winning lineups.

• cakesgood

@tmarohl said...

You had Harden and Kawhi in the Tuesday/Wednesday slate as well. They both put up over 50 FD points, and Wall was still in a number of the winning lineups.

That may have been the case for the Tues/ Wed slate, but this is a new slate and a new day. The same rules do not apply. Tonight’s game will determine if Wall’s 35 FDp were enough. All in all I think we can throw out the argument that 5x value is 100% necessary to take down a GPP (on a 2 game slate that is).

• tmarohl

Yes, but it is the same teams and Harden and Kawhi both did well. Despite that, Wall puts up a dud for him and he is still in the winning lineups in some of the FD tournaments. Just food for thought. So to me, this means that I probably want to pay for Wall, because I would expect him to do better at home in an elimination game. Probably pay for him and Harden. Kawhi is too iffy for me.

• tmarohl

@cakesgood said...

That may have been the case for the Tues/ Wed slate, but this is a new slate and a new day. The same rules do not apply. Tonight’s game will determine if Wall’s 35 FDp were enough. All in all I think we can throw out the argument that 5x value is 100% necessary to take down a GPP (on a 2 game slate that is).

You are right, I have been saying it all along, raw points are the name of the game in two game slates. Value is secondary.

• mike42

I’m playing the reversion to the mean trade for Bos series for the most part. Think series gets closer, vegas isn’t off by 15-25 pts 4 games in a row very often. Think Bos wins series and they could win game 6, Was needed to win one of those 2 first games in BOS when they had the lead. I think that now that everybody is going to factor in blowout risk in both games that it doesn’t happen. I honestly think any of the stars can go off, its crunch time and they are stars with very high ceilings. I’m not fading a single one of them. Think scoring goes down and becomes more concentrated with the stars getting a bigger piece of a smaller pie. Peripherals are going to matter more too for everybody.

Kawhi’s ankle doesn’t trouble me as much as whatever is going on with his knee, they showed him with a heat pad on it in the first quarter and he honestly looked off to me prior to what appeared to a very minor ankle injury. Its almost sick that he looked off and was on his way to a 70 burger prior to exiting. I’m overexposed to him from yesterday and prolly will be today too, I’m prolly biased because I’m convinced he’s going to be the best player in the world very soon.
    Hortford is a triple dub waiting to happen and criminally underpriced.
    Everybody (DK) is going to have Wall/Harden paired and use ginobli/simmons to save $, me included. It’s going to hard to pivot off those guys but you have to as much as possible because all four of those guys smashing isn’t going to help much plus everybody is usually wrong.

• tmarohl

I’m thinking both of these series are going to a game 7. If they do, Wall and Harden most likely will be the reasons why.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).