NBA FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

5/11
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 7 ) at Houston ( -7 ) —- T: 213

5/12
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 5.5 ) at Washington ( -5.5 ) —- T: 216.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• colb24

@tmarohl said...

Hopefully they will put up a new thread as the Friday Sunday slate has been released on both DK and FD.

What is interesting is that FD had late swap on the past two day slates and this one is actually over three days, and there is no late swap.

wow thats weird ! next year for basketball season I’m going to give Fanduel a run too…

• RobertoTomba

Laugh of the day: when I went to FD to see the newly-posted Friday-Sunday slate, a survey popped up that asked, “What influenced you to play FanDuel today?” I selected “Other” and typed “I’m addicted to DFS” in the box.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

What is interesting is that FD had late swap on the past two day slates and this one is actually over three days, and there is no late swap.

They must have added it, it’s there now.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

They must have added it, it’s there now.

Yeah, I see it now. I was one of the first few entries and it wasn’t there.

• tmarohl

@RobertoTomba said...

Laugh of the day: when I went to FD to see the newly-posted Friday-Sunday slate, a survey popped up that asked, “What influenced you to play FanDuel today?” I selected “Other” and typed “I’m addicted to DFS” in the box.

I would have typed – “Because I am a degenerate”

• colb24

alright started the DK slate… Chef Curry…Draymond …Al Hortford

• escot4

• x2

$2M Prize Winner

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Champion

gonna full-fade Avery Bradley and Al Horford today. Ownership should be high enough to where if they bust you can move up a ton, and the way these playoffs are going there’s a good chance Washington blows Boston out.

• colb24

@escot4 said...

gonna full-fade Avery Bradley and Al Horford today. Ownership should be high enough to where if they bust you can move up a ton, and the way these playoffs are going there’s a good chance Washington blows Boston out.

I think Avery is actually low owned tonight because everyone’s thinking that. Celtics in 6 though the basketball gods want it to happen tonight so we can all move on

• RobertoTomba

@escot4 said...

The only Boston player I thought about starting was Crowder…he’s been immune to the extreme home/away splits of the other starters. And, Rozier is still a good plug-in because his price (still $2500 on FD) makes him a great value. I’m living and dying on what the Washington players do: Except for Wall, they seem to have the same extreme home/away splits.

• escot4

• x2

$2M Prize Winner

@colb24 said...

I think Avery is actually low owned tonight because everyone’s thinking that. Celtics in 6 though the basketball gods want it to happen tonight so we can all move on

I’d be shocked if Avery is low-owned. I’m guessing over 50% on both sites. Recency bias is huge, especially in the playoffs, and he is one of the few players that’s obviously underpriced. The numbers point to him being a good play, but I kind of think this is more of an IT game if it’s not a Washington blowout.

• colb24

@escot4 said...

I’d be shocked if Avery is low-owned. I’m guessing over 50% on both sites. Recency bias is huge, especially in the playoffs, and he is one of the few players that’s obviously underpriced. The numbers point to him being a good play, but I kind of think this is more of an IT game if it’s not a Washington blowout.

Yeah I can see what your saying now most people do prly pick who went off the night before.

• tmarohl

@escot4 said...

I’m thinking the same way as you. With that said, I am the guy who thought Houston was going to show up to play last night. Ended up moving off a lot of the Spurs because I figured it would turn into a bench game. It did, but not the way I expected. Even though I made some nice pivots I ended up with a lot of Harden, which killed all of those lineups.

• escot4

• x2

$2M Prize Winner

I’m all-in on Beal today (4 of 4 lineups). He hasn’t had a true ceiling game yet this series, and Avery has been guarding Wall lately with IT taking Beal. I’m hoping today is the Beal onslaught.

• tonytone1908

Did anyone actually have Dejounte Murray in a lineup last night? I have to imagine the winner tonight has him in their LU. If you didn’t have him there’s no way you can take 1st right?

• raymond333

I’m gonna read some of these posts, as I like bouncing ideas off each other. I hit the last 2 nites. Small, like $6 in small $1 tournaments. So as long as I stay even or up a few dollars I’m still game. It’s more fun than anything else.

Because of the chaulkiness, I’ve been just running $1 or $2 small tournaments, and usually run two lines with different stacks. Ironically my Leonard line that I had to change to Ariza, and still had like $3-$4k left over, as nothing else made any sense to move with what was left, was the one that hit at 271 pts.

So last nite, I’m sure I wasn’t the only one who got stuck a bit with the whole Leonard thing. But between that, and Harden sucking last nite (but was like 83% owned). My other guys (ie Smart) did well the nite before, and the other 4 players I had in last nite besides Harden (Aldridge, Simmons, Ariza, and Capela), balled and 2 day them were low owned, I was able to at least hit $2 and break even. Really just playing for fun, with the possible upside of putting together that perfect line up.

My question is, just playing light, do you all think the small money, big tournaments are the way to go..,or would you say a $2 -100 man or possibly a quin be better? It’s a crapshoot, so my thinking is what I’ve been doing is my best bet…but not sure.

• tmarohl

@tonytone1908 said...

Did anyone actually have Dejounte Murray in a lineup last night? I have to imagine the winner tonight has him in their LU. If you didn’t have him there’s no way you can take 1st right?

Yes, but Harden killed it along with Ryan Anderson.

• franckyfranck

@tonytone1908 said...

I have . In 2 lineups but to be honest , I expected a HOU blowout meaning Mills would have been rested giving more major minutes to Dejounte .

I initially had a full stack Was-Bos LU to the expection of Dejounte Murray and J. Simmons but once the news of Kawhi broke out , I switched and changed my SG strategy ( Beal + Bradley/Smart ) and sub Horford to Capela . I expected 50 FP from Harden .

What pissed me off more is that Harden was splashing $$$$ in strip club and nightclubs afterwards .

• tonytone1908

@tmarohl said...

Yes, but Harden killed it along with Ryan Anderson.

Sorry I meant to specify FD. I don’t think Harden really killed anyone on FD as long as Beal doesn’t go too crazy I’m at 204.9 with Wall and Kieff left to go. Trying to figure out if I have a decent shot at a high score or if a Murray LU will pass me? If you were on FD what was his %?

• raymond333

For tonite/Sunday slate, probably gonna go with a Wall/Leonard/Horford line. And then either do a line without Leonard at all, or set it up where if I plug him in, leave most of my players for Sunday left, so I can change (this is actually a good stategy that I meant to use the other nite).

But to be perfectly honest, I’m thinking they rested Leonard last nite for Sunday’s game, as they are going need him for GS…so I see him playing.

Just gotta figure out the punts. I like ginobli, D Green, but until they raise his salary which I don’t think they have yet, or at least not in the last couple of days, J Simmons is an excellent cheap plug in imo. Gotta see what A Johnson does, as he’s a possible punt option too.

• franckyfranck

Man , you guys have seen Jonathan Simmons’ new salary ???? $4200 !!!!!!!!!

• RobertoTomba

@franckyfranck said...

That’s on FD, and he’d still be totally worth it. The last 3 games, he would have exceeded value at that price.

• raymond333

@franckyfranck said...

Ah you’re right, I was looking at the wrong slate, they did raise it. But, it’s expected, dudes been balling.

• BerkeleyBoss

@tonytone1908 said...

Sorry I meant to specify FD. I don’t think Harden really killed anyone on FD as long as Beal doesn’t go too crazy I’m at 204.9 with Wall and Kieff left to go. Trying to figure out if I have a decent shot at a high score or if a Murray LU will pass me? If you were on FD what was his %?

I have a few lineups with Wall/Keiff/Others that are favored to beat you. You’ll definitely lose to a handful of Murray lineups. The tournaments that I checked, he was either .6% owned or .8% owned.

• mike42

Great setup for SA, young guys got run and confidence, Gasol redeemed himself, Kawhi back at a 100% hopefully. J. Mcghee priced like he’s still playing Gorbert, Durant priced like he’s not playing against the claw, D. Green priced like the algo hasn’t been watching the playoffs. Curry/kawhi seem below fair value. Doubt SA can control pace but like them to stay in it, Should be a high scoring, competitive game filled with fantasy goodness.

• RogueGrinder

All in on murray

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).