NBA FORUM

Comments

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Sunday, 5/12

3:30 PM EST : Portland ( 5.5 ) at Denver ( -5.5 ) — T: 212.5
    7:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 7 ) at Toronto ( -7 ) — T: 209

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Njsum1

@DC2380 said...

I just don’t understand all these projections love for vanvleet..This dude has been garbage. They were even talking about how bad he has been on Sirius XM and that some people think he is really playing hurt.

If you’re using projections for playoff NBA….thanks for the donations. It’s a feel game now lady and gents.

• telestraightshooter

@yisman said...

I don’t know. Monkeys at a typewriter sort of thing. Some of the projections are obviously way off on every slate.

Looks like they slapped the monkey off they typo-generator & straitened it out

FVF is now proj 8 pts

• feekdogg

@damionismyname said...

no they will have days where both conference finals fall on the same day or 2 day slates where its one game and then the next the day after.

There will be 2-day slates, but according to the schedule on ESPN, there’s one game each day from here on out.

• sox9

@telestraightshooter said...

have great JE LU & a bad JE LU

sound like you need and old priest and a young priest

• gaelicgirl

Like the home teams today, but think the Blazers have a better chance to pull off an upset than the Sixers. Will Stotts go back to playing Aminu and Harkless big minutes, or look for more offense with Hood and Collins again?
    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/5/10/18564213/portland-trail-blazers-denver-nuggets-most-interesting

• Ap1216

Is evan turner looking at 20 min again? I kind of like him as a super cheap punt on dk

• scott33

@gaelicgirl said...

Like the home teams today, but think the Blazers have a better chance to pull off an upset than the Sixers. Will Stotts go back to playing Aminu and Harkless big minutes, or look for more offense with Hood and Collins again?
    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/5/10/18564213/portland-trail-blazers-denver-nuggets-most-interesting

So hard for me to roster Hood but I’ll have him in a few of my Yahoo lines. I have a lot of Collins which scares me for some reason. Just never know with Stotts. Hard to get away from Harkless on FD at 4k, if he comes out playing well he has a chance to smash value. It’s also possible he plays 15 minutes & gives me 5 FD pts lol. Enough with the Blazers, all in on Kawhi, Jokic, & Murray.

• gaelicgirl

@scott33 said...

So hard for me to roster Hood but I’ll have him in a few of my Yahoo lines. I have a lot of Collins which scares me for some reason. Just never know with Stotts. Hard to get away from Harkless on FD at 4k, if he comes out playing well he has a chance to smash value. It’s also possible he plays 15 minutes & gives me 5 FD pts lol. Enough with the Blazers, all in on Kawhi, Jokic, & Murray.

I’ve been playing Harkless and Aminu way more than Hood or Collins, but have to rethink that after last game. Always worry about Collins getting into foul trouble because he’s so aggressive, but Harkless is a risk for that as well.

• scott33

@gaelicgirl said...

I’ve been playing Harkless and Aminu way more than Hood or Collins

Same, especially Aminu. Complete fade of him today, watch him drop a 40 burger.

• callmetouch

Ibaka or Hood? If you have to play one. Ibaka is always a dice

• RatedDAL

I just don’t trust the Portland bench guys on the road in a Game 7. Hood feels like a dud incoming and Collins minutes falling back into the teens incoming.

• ripking

I have 6700 on Dk, both of my options are awful Simmons or lowry.. UGH.. Who will suck less?

• klemi96

Is jokic going to score 25+ real points or not?

• rolukoya

For GPP, Harris/Collins or Barton/Kanter?

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

In before tmarohl says he ain’t scared LOL – of course GS would be favored.

I’m not scared yet. First off, both teams would have to make it to the finals. Will also need to see who is healthy for both teams. If they played today, I would take Bucks in five. If Durant is healthy, probably goes to a game 7. I would favor the Bucks, but tough to go against GS with all of their championship pedigree. The homer in me though, says Bucks can and will beat them. Probably a good thing I don’t bet on games like yisman does.

• Element828

I don’t hate the idea of fading Leonard and Jokic. Yes they will most likely have great games but think of the savings you get paying down to Siakam and Millsap. Not saying they both outscore Leonard and Jokic but if you can get around or more 40fpts from each of them then I don’t think fading Leonard or Jokic will hurt you that bad in less both go for 70-80 fpts lol

• Petergunz82

@Element828 said...

I don’t hate the idea of fading Leonard and Jokic. Yes they will most likely have great games but think of the savings you get paying down to Siakam and Millsap. Not saying they both outscore Leonard and Jokic but if you can get around or more 40fpts from each of them then I don’t think fading Leonard or Jokic will hurt you that bad in less both go for 70-80 fpts lol

I’ll have one balanced lineup for this reason

• ASitar

@RatedDAL said...

I just don’t trust the Portland bench guys on the road in a Game 7. Hood feels like a dud incoming and Collins minutes falling back into the teens incoming.

Kanter and the fasting thing is REAL. It IS affecting Kanters ability and stamina and I think we’ll see another 22-24 minutes from Collins tonight. If you project a high scoring game, he might not be a bad captain again since the studs will all eat.

• gaelicgirl

@klemi96 said...

Is jokic going to score 25+ real points or not?

Jokic has gotten a lot of flak for his conditioning and…um, physique…but I’m inclined to agree with this assessment: “Jokic has a Ferrari engine in the body of a freshly opened can of buttery bake-at-home biscuits…a doughy wunderkind.” LOL
    But seriously, if he can avoid foul trouble he could put up 25 real points. Maybe he won’t, but in an elimination game at home there’s no way I’m not taking the dynamic duo of Murray-Jokic tonight.

tonight = this afternoon, really. Don’t like these early games, basketball should only be played at night!

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

I’m not scared yet. First off, both teams would have to make it to the finals. Will also need to see who is healthy for both teams. If they played today, I would take Bucks in five. If Durant is healthy, probably goes to a game 7. I would favor the Bucks, but tough to go against GS with all of their championship pedigree. The homer in me though, says Bucks can and will beat them. Probably a good thing I don’t bet on games like yisman does.

Haha fair enough. If both teams make it to the finals, KD should be fully healthy by then. There’s a possibility that Boogie would be healthy enough to play, too…he’s chomping at the bit to get back.

• Ap1216

Today im playing mccollum instead of dame after ive been riding dame so make sure to fire up dame in your lineups

• superjon

Got 1 Joker and 1 Kawhi

• superjon

Possible slate breakers by position

PG – Lowry
    SG – Morris
    SF – Reddick
    PF – Ibaka
    C – Kanter

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Haha fair enough. If both teams make it to the finals, KD should be fully healthy by then. There’s a possibility that Boogie would be healthy enough to play, too…he’s chomping at the bit to get back.

I hope Boogie is back, that makes GS worse and takes shots away from KD, Steph and Klay.

• boilermakerbeef

RG Overall Ranking

Kanter/Curry or Ennis/Collins

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).