Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Tuesday, 5/14
    9:00 PM EST : Portland ( 8 ) at Golden State ( -8 ) —- T: 219

Wednesday, 5/15
    8:30 PM EST : Toronto ( 6.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -6.5 ) —- T: 218

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• sox9

@tmarohl said...

That is why Portland doesn’t have much of a chance.

ok, so I have to be at least equal to the field weight on Klay, but isn’t that like 65-70%

• tmarohl

@sox9 said...

I do think the same way about the Warriors. The Hampton 5 is unbelievable, I guess I just like dominating Centers. maybe i need to change that way of thinking looking over the NBA champions the last 10 years. Tim Duncan about the only one as i recall

You don’t like Lopez because he is not a dominating low post player, doesn’t get a ton of rebounds. I like Lopez because he is a very good rim defender on defense, pretty high on the list of shot blockers, and every team he has ever been on rebounds better, even though he is not the one getting them. On offense, I like Lopez because he spaces the floor, and does not clog the lane, which allows Giannis to go to work, and makes it easier for guys like Bledsoe, Brogdon, Hill, etc to beat their guy and take it to the rim. Much harder to do when you have a big center standing near the rim like a Drummond type. This is basically the same reason that I think GS is worse when Cousins is on the floor.

• tmarohl

@sox9 said...

ok, so I have to be at least equal to the field weight on Klay, but isn’t that like 65-70%

His price went up so the ownership should probably be a little lower than that. With that said, Klay didn’t even shoot that good last night so there is probably some more upside there at current price as long as Durant remains out.

• yisman

@gaelicgirl said...

Really! It was like, “We’re going to take away the paint and dare Steph to beat us from the perimeter” LOL

it was pretty unbelievable because it didn’t work in the first half and it seemed like no adjustments were made

yeah let’s keep giving Steph those looks

• sox9

@tmarohl said...

His price went up so the ownership should probably be a little lower than that. With that said, Klay didn’t even shoot that good last night so there is probably some more upside there at current price as long as Durant remains out.

Harkless or Danny Green?— I have a LU w/ each one on the FD 2-day. A little concerned about D. Green taking enough shots, and Harkless last game being an outlier. Feels like either one could hurt or make a positive difference in a LU. Not considering either one as a drop, but it may end up that way.

• sox9

Harkless and Kanter really performed last night.

• tmarohl

@sox9 said...

Harkless or Danny Green?— I have a LU w/ each one on the FD 2-day. A little concerned about D. Green taking enough shots, and Harkless last game being an outlier. Feels like either one could hurt or make a positive difference in a LU. Not considering either one as a drop, but it may end up that way.

The Bucks will give up a lot of corner threes to Danny Green. Question is will he take them, and if he does, will he make them?

• athairuammit11

v

• ASitar

@sox9 said...

Harkless and Kanter really performed last night.

Yes, I had both in most but Kanter cost me. In the LU I had him in at Captain I came 1.5 points from first in Showdown. The “non stud” player that I’d really like a 30 burger from tonight is Ibaka. A 40 wouldn’t shock me. But he could get 18 minutes and totally botch the 2 LUs he’s in.

• scott33

@tmarohl said...

On the contrary, he is the reason the Bucks are good. Imagine thinking the same thing about the Warriors.

Agreed, Giannis doesn’t need a traditional big clogging the lane.

• sox9

@tmarohl said...

The Bucks will give up a lot of corner threes to Danny Green. Question is will he take them, and if he does, will he make them?

As I recall his history of hitting 3s in playoffs is pretty good?

• athairuammit11

@tmarohl said...

Shaq hosting a post game party in Milwaukee tomorrow. https://www.jsonline.com/story/entertainment/2019/05/14/bucks-game-1-after-party-hosted-shaquille-oneal-lucid/3672282002/

My old roommate is the bar manager there; you going?

• sox9

@ASitar said...

Yes, I had both in most but Kanter cost me. In the LU I had him in at Captain I came 1.5 points from first in Showdown. The “non stud” player that I’d really like a 30 burger from tonight is Ibaka. A 40 wouldn’t shock me. But he could get 18 minutes and totally botch the 2 LUs he’s in.

Had Harkless in all my 2-day LUs. Some people pack Harkless and Hood at the SF position in FD LUs, figuring one for the drop the other goes off—and pack the rest of the roster—of course depending on prices

• tmarohl

@athairuammit11 said...

My old roommate is the bar manager there; you going?

I’m too old for clubbing. I will check out Shaq and the TNT crew on the Fiserve Forum plaza though as that is where the pregame, halftime and post game shows are taking place. I am a season ticket holder so I will be at the game and frequenting the bars on the plaza pregame.

• athairuammit11

@tmarohl said...

I’m too old for clubbing. I will check out Shaq and the TNT crew on the Fiserve Forum plaza though as that is where the pregame, halftime and post game shows are taking place. I am a season ticket holder so I will be at the game and frequenting the bars on the plaza pregame.

I feel ya; Milwaukee is literally going to explode as the Bucks get deeper. Such a nice area! For sure hit me up if you can make it and want to deal the tickets :)

• athairuammit11

Someone talk me off Ibaka please

• tmarohl

@athairuammit11 said...

Someone talk me off Ibaka please

He has been a Bucks killer for years, I have him in several.

• ASitar

Illy is about as close to a lock for 8x as you can get but I dont have him in any LUs. Not sure if that’s a good thing or bad thing. Didn’t need to go as low as to get him in 3 and in my 4th I have FVV

• sox9

@ASitar said...

Illy is about as close to a lock for 8x as you can get but I dont have him in any LUs. Not sure if that’s a good thing or bad thing. Didn’t need to go as low as to get him in 3 and in my 4th I have FVV

I dunno if he is a lock w/Brogdon soaking up minutes. He does look cheap I agree. Does he get 17-18 minutes or 25 minutes?

• athairuammit11

Can you play serge and marc on the same showdown

• tmarohl

Not a showdown player really, but I would say yes. Usually I would say one takes away from the other, but in this series, I see them on the floor together a lot.

• athairuammit11

Then green out? Kind of like last game

• okiehorn

I find myself liking hill/Mirotic a lot for my cheaper guys. Agree with Ibaka in all of mine tonight

• athairuammit11

@okiehorn said...

I find myself liking hill/Mirotic a lot for my cheaper guys. Agree with Ibaka in all of mine tonight

I have a feeling we’re going to be sharing the money hah

• sox9

@athairuammit11 said...

Then green out? Kind of like last game

he had 30 minutes, but took only 3 shots. Danny Green is always a tough decision. He will be on the floor for defense and his playoff experience. You kinda need a block or two, a steal or two, 4 REBs and enough shots to hit 10 points roughly to make value. he makes my LU work, but I am not excited about him. Stuck on this one for sure.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler