Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

5/16
    9:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 14 ) at Golden State ( -14 ) —- T: 208.5

5/17
    8:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( -3.5 ) at Boston ( 3.5 ) —- T: 219.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• dlesh13

Does anyone here have a strong opinion about the “ideal” number of lineups to enter on any given night? Obviously bank roll is a factor, but I’m strictly talking about giving yourself the best chance to finish green for the night.

• Yahchanan

Bill im on dk I play the 4$ 20 limit contest name Godking. I got a 3rd and 5th place finish in the last 2 wks. My advice is it is hard to win putting that much into 1 player.

• sherm

Curry or Isaiah? Who’s more likely to hit at least 50dk points?

• raymond333

@frugal said...

A few thoughts for tonight…

1. Watch the news on Kawhi, status changed from out to doubtful.
    2. Do not underestimate Spurs. Their changes to win are low if Kawhi sits, but the Spurs ability to get strong performances from role players is what’s kept them relevant for so many years. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this as a lower scoring much closer game than Vegas is predicting.
    3. Zaza will be limited after Pop’s press conference both from the whistle blowing early and often as well as the Spurs upping their physical game against him.
    4. Draymond gets a tech tonight maybe a flagrant. That’s the type of game I feel this is going to be. Gritty and physical.

Thoughts on tomorrow…

1. No Lebron…No Cash. I know he’ll be crazy high owned, but as good as a defender Crowder can be he’s not stopping Lebron. Boston can switch Bradley onto Kyrie and I can’t wait to watch the Olynyk/Love matchup, but Lebron is going to go off. On a side note, it’s been rather odd to me that Boston has had issues with the starting PF position all season and haven’t just consistently started Olynyk.
    2. Boston has been a poor rebounding team all season, that’s not going to change now. I can see Thompson having a huge rebounding game and be the highest scoring C on the 2 day slate.

Interesting posts, thanks. This is exactly what I like doing, just bouncing ideas.

So on yours, do you really think Leonard is playing? And I might be off here, but didnt he get an MRI done, and then was ruled out, and is that usually a doc that says he can’t play? I’m probably wrong, but I think I gotta fade him this time around. You know Pop and his bs…he’ll probably have him out there for warmups, making it look like he’s gonna play, then not even start him, throwing off GS. Dudes a best no doubt, and I love playing him, but Iike I previously said, I’m counting my blessings I was able to get the 41 off him Sunday, and need to see him put up a strong game before I would consider him again. He’s a great gpp option if you want to risk I suppose.

Talking about Zaza, since he was actually in a winning lineup the other night, I must have missed this press converence or whatever. Are you saying you dont see him getting any play time, and that he’s not a good option for this slate? Asking because I was actually going to use him, so interested to hear what you say about it.

I mean on the Fri/Sun slate, I won with Aldridge and Morris at the PF spot. I also looked at other winning lines, and most have those 2 in. I think it’s probably one of the best PF stacks for this slate. In my Sun/today slate, I didnt play D Green in either line…why, because he only got like 28 last game, costs more than Aldridge, and Aldridge is putting up 50+ pts…and if you add Leonard not playing, he’ll probably def see 50+. If you take Green’s expensive ass, then you have to drop quite a bit lower for your 2nd PF (unless your taking it from somewhere else). I did however put him in one of my lines for today/tomorrow…he still needs to prove himself, but I like some diversity, and he should have a better game, unless his matchup is off, and doesnt allow him to do much. Well see.

No Lebron, no cash. Agreed 100%…whether dude hits 5 or 6x’s his value (which he usually does anyways), he almost like a Westbrook, you almost have to play him.

What are the thoughts on Olynyk? Looking at some of these centers, not sure about Thompson so much, but other than Horford’s expensive ass, Gasol and some of the other higher end centers have beens sucking. Olynyk has been balling, and I’m actually thinking of going lower in center with him or Zaza, as the higher one’s arent scoring that much more.

Any thoughts?

• DonkeyDFS

For DK GPPs, I don’t really see the appeal of playing TT. Looking back at his recent game logs, at his current $5100 salary, he’s hit once for 7x value. Think you need more than that in GPPs to win it. He basically has to hit his rebounding and scoring ceilings in the same game.

Now Cash plays, lock him in if you want. Fade for GPPs

• tonytone1908

@gaelicgirl said...

He only scored 11.9 FDP last game against GSW, and he’s $1000 more than TT…not taking him again. Didn’t Pop play Lee some when they went small against HOU? Seems like Aldridge and Lee shared C duties, but might be remembering that wrong…

Gasol had 3 fouls in 7 mins in the first half so he didn’t play as much as he probably would have. They’re gonna need Gasol tonight if they want to stay in it. That being said he’ll probably be cautious of foul trouble so he’ll probably be a sieve defensively.

• dlesh13

I see everyone talking about high end and low end, but what are thoughts about these midrange DK guys… Smart, Gasol, Mills, Bradley, Crowder, Klay? Hard to believe no one in this price range will be in the winner.

• jordanisloose

You like spurs sg?

• dlesh13

@DonkeyDFS said...

For DK GPPs, I don’t really see the appeal of playing TT. Looking back at his recent game logs, at his current $5100 salary, he’s hit once for 7x value. Think you need more than that in GPPs to win it. He basically has to hit his rebounding and scoring ceilings in the same game.

Now Cash plays, lock him in if you want. Fade for GPPs

Very fair point and was my thought initially till I saw that he has been ripping BOS up. Who would you suggest at C and in the $5,000-6,000 price range instead of TT?

• tonytone1908

@dlesh13 said...

Very fair point and was my thought initially till I saw that he has been ripping BOS up. Who would you suggest at C and in the $5,000-6,000 price range instead of TT?

TT should get an extra 6-8 mins over his season averages against them too. Of course that could be an extra 6 mins of TO’s and no beneficial stats, just saying he did well during the season, more mins are even better.

I have a feeling the big 3 sat out some of those games too, no? That could skew TT’s season stats vs. BOS.

• billholler

@colb24 said...

I like TT he had 13 9 14 rebounds against Boston (non playoff mode also)

Thompson had one big game (14 boards, 10 defensive) against Boston this season on 11/3/16. Horford was out. Zeller started.

EDIT: That was my oldest son’s 18th birthday but that has nothing to do with DFS.

• goblue84

I am of the opinion that Durant can get close to what LBJ will put up for 2K less with no Leonard out there. I am usually wrong but that’s my 2 cents. GL all

• billholler

@goblue84 said...

I am of the opinion that Durant can get close to what LBJ will put up for 2K less with no Leonard out there. I am usually wrong but that’s my 2 cents. GL all

Pretty sure Kawhi wasn’t on KD in game 1 and Simmons covered him most of the game. Obviously Simmons is no where near the defender that Kawhi is but he isn’t terrible.

• colb24

@billholler said...

Thompson had one big game (14 boards, 10 defensive) against Boston this season on 11/3/16. Horford was out. Zeller started.

EDIT: That was my oldest son’s 18th birthday but that has nothing to do with DFS.

lol I’m a cash game guy so hes a lock for me… and Rozier being Bostons best re-bounder i’m all in on TT

• goblue84

@billholler said...

Pretty sure Kawhi wasn’t on KD in game 1 and Simmons covered him most of the game. Obviously Simmons is no where near the defender that Kawhi is but he isn’t terrible.

I didn’t get a chance to watch the game so you would know better than I on game one assignments. I’m looking at this points per dollar. I have some LBJ shares but will have more Durant; we’ll see how charitable my thought process is.

• got_bailey

Kyle Korver or JR Smith?

I have money for either!

• BerkeleyBoss

@tonytone1908 said...

Gasol had 3 fouls in 7 mins in the first half so he didn’t play as much as he probably would have. They’re gonna need Gasol tonight if they want to stay in it. That being said he’ll probably be cautious of foul trouble so he’ll probably be a sieve defensively.

I think I’ll actually have a couple Gasol lineups tonight, assuming that Iguodala is out. No Iggy probably means less small ball, which means more opportunities for Gasol to play. I think he should be quite low owned.

• ASitar

I hate using IT2 because he is so scoring dependent, but in the 4 games against the Cavs this year he is averaged 3 rebounds, 6.5 assists, and 29.5 points. Blocks, turnovers and bonuses aside, that’s 43 DK points. Is everyone paying down for Kyrie like I or is IT worth paying up for given these numbers?

• Sinthetix

Anyone playing Anderson at the point? 7 forwards in my lineup so you’re welcome for the donation.

• RobertoTomba

Here’s my opinion of the shooting guards:

And, I get to pick 2 of them.

• billholler

@colb24 said...

lol I’m a cash game guy so hes a lock for me… and Rozier being Bostons best re-bounder i’m all in on TT

I didn’t use TT in my cash games either and please never again speak of Rozier. I finally fell off that death train so fully expect him to score 25 real points now.

• colb24

@billholler said...

I didn’t use TT in my cash games either and please never again speak of Rozier. I finally fell off that death train so fully expect him to score 25 real points now.

Haha!!

• RobertoTomba

@Sinthetix said...

Anyone playing Anderson at the point? 7 forwards in my lineup so you’re welcome for the donation.

He’s a SF on FD, which makes it trickier,but I think i can sneak him into a lineup (sorry, KD).

• superjon

I have too much frye

• RobertoTomba

LBJ Ownership projection O/U 90%? I’m thinking it’ll be 100% in smaller contests, but some of you will probably want to get daring and fade him. Good luck with that.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).