Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

5/16
    9:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 14 ) at Golden State ( -14 ) —- T: 208.5

5/17
    8:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( -3.5 ) at Boston ( 3.5 ) —- T: 219.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

@RobertoTomba said...

LBJ Ownership projection O/U 90%? I’m thinking it’ll be 100% in smaller contests, but some of you will probably want to get daring and fade him. Good luck with that.

I’ve got a line up without him AND without durant.

Gonna be wayy ahead if they only put up 40 each

• BerkeleyBoss

@RobertoTomba said...

LBJ Ownership projection O/U 90%? I’m thinking it’ll be 100% in smaller contests, but some of you will probably want to get daring and fade him. Good luck with that.

I don’t think it’ll be nearly that high. KD is another viable expensive option and people will look to Simmons and Anderson as well. I have LeBron in half my lineups.

• IronMonkey415

OH YEA!! I have Lebron AND Durant.
    TOP THAT.

• BerkeleyBoss

@IronMonkey415 said...

OH YEA!! I have Lebron AND Durant.
    TOP THAT.

I have 2 lineups with LeBron, KD AND Steph!!

• raymond333

@billholler said...

If you used the same LU from Sunday, you have no chance since Cleveland hasn’t played in over a week.

No, my bad, for my Mon/Today slate. So it’s Washington/Boston yesterday, and GS/SA tonite. So it’s the same slate that Fri/Sun was, just opposite, as now Boston/Washington played. Sorry, wasnt trying to confuse anyone, and its easy to happen with these overlapping slates. Just didnt want you to think I was bullshitting.

• superjon

@BerkeleyBoss said...

I have 2 lineups with LeBron, KD AND Steph!!

So does everyone else lol

• raymond333

So ZaZa…whats the deal with him? He had a good game. Did I miss something, and do others think he’s a good play or no? What about Olynk? Like I said in the other post, other than Horford (and maybe Thompson, thats yet to be seen), really Gasol and them aint doing it for me. I see alot of Zaza and Olynk in the winning lines. Thinking of going low on center since they seem thin there.

• superjon

F it. Making one lebronless line up and leaving 2k on the table.

• tyleh

@superjon said...

Yeah no way spurs get blown out. 15-4 without kawhi last 2 seasons.

GS should win but maybe by 8 or 9

they are 100% getting blown out without kawhi. those 15 wins are from SCRUB teams . they don’t even count

• gaelicgirl

@tonytone1908 said...

Gasol had 3 fouls in 7 mins in the first half so he didn’t play as much as he probably would have. They’re gonna need Gasol tonight if they want to stay in it. That being said he’ll probably be cautious of foul trouble so he’ll probably be a sieve defensively.

Hey, tony. Yeah, I forgot about all those fouls in the first half. Thanks for the reminder. Would you take Gasol tonight? It seems like he didn’t get as many rebounds as I expected when he was on the floor. Do you remember who Pop played against HOU when he sat Gasol and went small?

• tyleh

@frugal said...

A few thoughts for tonight…

1. Watch the news on Kawhi, status changed from out to doubtful.
    2. Do not underestimate Spurs. Their changes to win are low if Kawhi sits, but the Spurs ability to get strong performances from role players is what’s kept them relevant for so many years. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this as a lower scoring much closer game than Vegas is predicting.
    3. Zaza will be limited after Pop’s press conference both from the whistle blowing early and often as well as the Spurs upping their physical game against him.
    4. Draymond gets a tech tonight maybe a flagrant. That’s the type of game I feel this is going to be. Gritty and physical.

Thoughts on tomorrow…

1. No Lebron…No Cash. I know he’ll be crazy high owned, but as good as a defender Crowder can be he’s not stopping Lebron. Boston can switch Bradley onto Kyrie and I can’t wait to watch the Olynyk/Love matchup, but Lebron is going to go off. On a side note, it’s been rather odd to me that Boston has had issues with the starting PF position all season and haven’t just consistently started Olynyk.
    2. Boston has been a poor rebounding team all season, that’s not going to change now. I can see Thompson having a huge rebounding game and be the highest scoring C on the 2 day slate.

idk why people keep thinking spurs are gonna hang around game 2?!!!! warriors played TERRIBLE 1st half with kawhi leonard. now without kawhi they are gonna go up by 10-20 1st half and then close out with at least winning by 15-20+ 4 HOF VS ZERO? cmon people

• iarsenal85

The question is who is this slate’s Olynyk,?A low punt that goes off is always the difference maker in cashing. Not Lebron or KD, unless one of them hits 80 fpts. Then you need both lol.

Mid guys have been very questionable in playoffs since I can’t pinpoint if Crowder, Bradley, Love, or Aldridge will hit and they seem to be the most inconsistent in playoffs. About to pull them from a hat.

• raymond333

My question is Zaza and/or Olynyk is worth playing, or if I should go big with Horford. Maybe I’ll do one of each, just wondering who out of those two would be best. I really dont see many more options for centers. Thompson is still unknown, Gasol playing like shit (at least last game)…Olynyk and Zaza actually looks like a better play. Idk.

• tyleh

@dlesh13 said...

Does anyone here have a strong opinion about the “ideal” number of lineups to enter on any given night? Obviously bank roll is a factor, but I’m strictly talking about giving yourself the best chance to finish green for the night.

in 2 game slates its basically lottery and you just kind of contradicted yourself. bankroll is honestly everything. you either do 1-5 lineups and pray or do a calculated gamble on like 100-150 lineups. theres no right way

• tonytone1908

@gaelicgirl said...

Hey, tony. Yeah, I forgot about all those fouls in the first half. Thanks for the reminder. Would you take Gasol tonight? It seems like he didn’t get as many rebounds as I expected when he was on the floor. Do you remember who Pop played against HOU when he sat Gasol and went small?

http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20170509&game=HOUSAS looks like Simmons came in every time Gasol sat. Manu seems to be coming in a lot lately when Gasol sits also.

• gaelicgirl

@tonytone1908 said...

http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20170509&game=HOUSAS looks like Simmons came in every time Gasol sat. Manu seems to be coming in a lot lately when Gasol sits also.

Thanks! :D

• tonytone1908

@raymond333 said...

My question is Zaza and/or Olynyk is worth playing, or if I should go big with Horford. Maybe I’ll do one of each, just wondering who out of those two would be best. I really dont see many more options for centers. Thompson is still unknown, Gasol playing like shit (at least last game)…Olynyk and Zaza actually looks like a better play. Idk.

I just can’t see Kelly O replicating the last game and doing the same against the Cavs. TT has played well against BOS but I’m almost positive some of the big 3 were out in those games. He should get more mins than the regular season as well so that’s in his favor, I just don’t see him doing anything amazing. Kind of shocked at the amount of mins Zaza got last game and Gasol was supposed to match up with him so I’d expect them to be around the same minutes. Gasol may actually get a few extra with Zaza on the bench but IDK what Pop’s game plan is like for tonight.

I’m on FD so Horford is too expensive for me, I don’t have enough faith in TT with the Big 3 wanting to get theirs (or do they?), Zaza and Olynyk will be over owned and nobody will be on Gasol because of foul trouble last game. I think I’m going with Gasol. I have LMA too so that’ll be interesting but I can’t find anywhere else to spend up since I’m pretty much stuck on Manu and Kyle Anderson.

• tyleh

i already know olynyk is gonna get under 20 fp next game if he comes off bench. are they still using him as 6 man off the bench this series ? Brad stevens is a good coach and to compete with cavs starting 5 he definitely should start olynyk against love instead of useless johnson?

• tonytone1908

@gaelicgirl said...

Thanks! :D

I must give thanks to whoever it was that turned me on to that site. Wish I had that 6 months ago.

• tyleh

@raymond333 said...

after olynyk and zaza winning the last 2 nights. anything goes man. just go with your gut.

• goblue84

I believe that was @sethayates

• tyleh

@billholler said...

Lebron is a must in GPPs and cash games. My LU construction is based on the GS/SA game being a blowout which makes Anderson a heavy play for me. I am not as high on TT as many others are. Horford is a good stretch 5 who will draw TT out of the paint and almost completely eliminating him from getting defensive boards. That leaves a lot of defensive boards for Love.

Just my thoughts about game script which I learned from my buddy mike. I miss that little fella.

i think both games will be blowouts so winner gonna be a crap shoot. i looked at Mon-Tues $9/7 and olynyk was such a fking crapshoot lottery pick that he was 3.2% owned and NO ONE has a current perfect lineup of IT/Beal/Smart/Porter/Morris/Olynyk. no one!!!!! thats how ridiculous these playoffs are.

• raymond333

@tyleh said...

after olynyk and zaza winning the last 2 nights. anything goes man. just go with your gut.

Yes, I feel this. I mean other than Horford, who’s really a good pic for a center? Gasol? Not if he plays like last game. Thompson? Idk man, he didnt wow me that much last time…he could do good, or he could suck. I almost feel like plugging in guys that are somewhat punts, but probably could put as many pts as some of these centers (Gasol- what 11 pts last game), so its almost wiser to fatten up the rest of your line. I’m not feeling the center spot at all for this particular slate. Just my opinion.

• billholler

Every single 2 game slate someone or multiple someones say they are fading the 2 guys that will probably be the highest scorers on the slate and it makes less sense every time someone says it. Sure Lebron and KD could both get hurt in the 1st quarter and you are ahead of 90% of the field. However, the more likely scenario is that at least one of them is the highest scorer on the TWO GAME slate and you are done if you faded whichever one it is.

• Dfspacman

Can Korver go off against Boston?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).