NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 3 ) at Indiana ( -3 ) —- T: 226.5
    9:00 PM EST : Washington ( 2 ) at Boston ( -2 ) —- T: 233

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• realphipps

Hate to be that guy, but I had a dream last night. My cat is named Doug. He was there. McBuckets was also in the dream. It’s destiny.

• got9forya

Do we really need to squeez rus in tonight. I will in 1 but the other 3 I will not and go contrary to alot of other. Any thoughts on this? I know raw points on a 2 game slate is what we would want to go for but I think Bostons side is gonna put up good points fantasy wise.

• Brendan239

Is Zeller the best C if Williams appears limited or TT? SF sucks, everyone overpriced and I keep landing on Hutch (yuck). Kinda hope Brogdon plays but is limited so I don’t need to try to fit Levert OT try to figure out TJ Mac. Finding myself heavy on Smart and McDaniels. I like Ish for cheap PG. Russ/Beal in one (they both explode some games) same w Ball/Rozier Heavy Douggie as well, I like going up to him from Bertans.

• dominicanpapi

@got9forya said...

Do we really need to squeez rus in tonight. I will in 1 but the other 3 I will not and go contrary to alot of other. Any thoughts on this? I know raw points on a 2 game slate is what we would want to go for but I think Bostons side is gonna put up good points fantasy wise.

My original thought was in a 3 max, stack each game in one lineup and then mix and match on your third lineup. However, Russ being 13K on FD doesn’t give me much flexibility.

I’m hoping Brogdon is out b/c playing Ball and McConnell at point guard gives me a much better lineup.

• tmarohl

it is too impossible to even build a lineup I even like on a two game FD slate.

• Njsum1

@got9forya said...

Do we really need to squeez rus in tonight

I don’t think so, could be wrong though. Not a total fade 25-50% seems right.

• got9forya

I agree. Thank yal for the input. I mean without Rus we can get a way better lineup from looks but when it comes to Raw points are we gonna fall short? That is the question everyone is probably wondering also. But I am running with Lopez at C on FD. Williams might be the best option in my opinion but are their gonna be minute restrictions? So many questions in that game for Boston.

• realphipps

My single bullets are hoping it’s Playoff Tristan.

Him and old Varajeo, just different players in big games. Those kinda guys.

• Pidinolo

@tmarohl said...

it is too impossible to even build a lineup I even like on a two game FD slate.

I see posts like this quite often and think a lot of people on here are dependent on value to make their builds easier. There are thousands up top in dozens of gpps, and if it was meant to be easy then a few of you would be smoking it daily. When was the last time a lineup you liked won anything substantial? This is a game of fluidity and adaptability. It shouldn’t be easy, nor should it be that simple, otherwise it would be thousand way ties daily of mundane predictable builds that seem genius in hindsight. Good luck, and just my personal opinion on years of daily observation of the daily top 3 threads (mlb,nba,nfl).

• tmarohl

@Pidinolo said...

I see posts like this quite often and think a lot of people on here are dependent on value to make their builds easier. There are thousands up top in dozens of gpps, and if it was meant to be easy then a few of you would be smoking it daily. When was the last time a lineup you liked won anything substantial? This is a game of fluidity and adaptability. It shouldn’t be easy, nor should it be that simple, otherwise it would be thousand way ties daily of mundane predictable builds that seem genius in hindsight. Good luck, and just my personal opinion on years of daily observation of the daily top 3 threads (mlb,nba,nfl).

It is just an observation that on two game slates it is hard to get a different build, without any positional flexibility. There will be a kajillion ties.

• zeeshan2

Players I like today(maybe a duh writeup): Russ, Beal(has gone insane against Boston), Kemba, Graham, Bertans, Bridges. Zeller, Kelan Martin, Mcdermott, Levert and TJ(this is depending on Brodgdon and Sabonis), Goga(depending on Sabonis),Ish smith(if Neto can’t go) and Smart

• BiGtIGeRs

@got9forya said...

You don’t have much of a choice

• bazerko

• Pidinolo

@tmarohl said...

It is just an observation that on two game slates it is hard to get a different build, without any positional flexibility. There will be a kajillion ties.

If you believe that then you are limiting yourself with your own perception. Things definitely get more rigid in these type of slates. I see a lot of terms thrown out in these threads using the word “we”. Who are we using today, are we avoiding Westbrook, are we going stacking etc.. I get it is a way to bounce ideas off each other. I get most people posting are not using this for much more than a hobby. I also hope that by raising a few questions in the minds of even just a couple people might be useful. Thinking outside the box is an art. Using other people’s views and ideas can lead to tunnel vision and inaccurate views on all the realistic outcomes that exist. I smashed mlb for the first few hours last night, but then got stuck with some Cole, my contrarian Baumgartner got toyed with, trout, Luplow, and Seattle vs worse pen in the league along with a homerun prone pitcher didn’t pan out. Etc.. Typical night in any random sport in dfs world. Adjusting approach and views towards slate size and expectations is one piece of the puzzle. Convincing yourself to leave funds to be different could be another piece, convincing yourself that it’s too small a slate to be profitable might be another. Are either correct ? Who knows. I just tend to see a lot of the same comments daily for at least the 5 years I’ve been here. Not a ding on anyone or any group, he’ll I see people in golf threads repeating the same train of thought for years. I appreciate some of the insight people throw in here, hope someone ponders this and maybe realizes their choices might at times be dependent on illogical assumptions. Have fun and good luck. I also think Westbrook is going to either kill himself trying to smash his team through this play in or is going to get injured trying. Is he worth the spend ? No right or wrong answer.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

One thing I can say with certainty…. there will not be anyone just picked up from LA Fitness and given a uniform taking the court and putting up 50 fpts tonight… and that is nice

• tmarohl

I mean, you only have four realistic options at PG, maybe 5 if you punt, and you need to play 2
    Center, not really any good options but five are probably viable.
    PF – Maybe six viable
    SF – Maybe five viable
    SG – four viable

Doesn’t leave much for variablility.

Few if any of these punt guys are playable once you get to the playoffs.

• tmarohl

LeVert out now, that should open some stuff up a little.

• bazerko

Well Indiana value just opened up with that Levert news now, plus we still don’t know about Brogdon

No Le Vert? Wow. Gotta go TJM. Hopefully Broggy is out as well. Gonna be Ball-Mania for sure, tonight. Like CHA to win easily.

• BiGtIGeRs

@Unico10 said...

One thing I can say with certainty…. there will not be anyone just picked up from LA Fitness and given a uniform taking the court and putting up 50 fpts tonight… and that is nice

• BiGtIGeRs

@Unico10 said...

pandamonious quit nba dfs because there are too many sharks like you taking all the gpp

• bdf

Levert out. Brogdon, A Holiday, and Sumner all Q. I never trust Justin Holiday but he could have a monster game.

• BiGtIGeRs

@Unico10 said...

Lol the clippers used LA fitness players to avoid the Blazers in round 1

• billythekidcowboysheat

This is a tricky slate, sabonis is the conundrum.

He could go ape without caris now, or he is legitimitley hurt and either sucks its up and its not as effective or goes nuts.

I’m leaning towards the others obvi tj, holiday, but we have to wait and see on the pacers news, 2nd game looks miles better then the 1st.

• Njsum1

@Pidinolo said...

Thinking outside the box is an art.

This sentence stood out to me. Using a cliche to call for more artistry/uniqueness? 🤔

Yet I mostly agree with the points you make. IMO, you don’t have to “think outside the box.” You just have to think for yourself if you want naturally contrarian lineups, and a chance to get one to the top.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).