NBA FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Saturday, 5/18
    9:00 PM EST : Golden State ( 2.5 ) at Portland ( -2.5 ) —- T: 221.5

Sunday, 5/19
    7:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 2.5 ) at Toronto ( -2.5 ) —- T: 220

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• sox9

@ScofieldReturns said...

wow nba finals cant start til may 30th. the matchups can be set as early as this tues, leaving a possible 9 day gap of games lol

At this point in the season you are really only left w/seasoned fantasy players, small slates and little variance to establish an edge or a big payout (lots of dupes). Thinking it is best to wait for football season, high variance w/slates of 10+ games, and build bankroll by doing all the small $2-$5 cash games vs. newbies the first 3 weeks—-so kinda like every other year.

• shades

Does Siakam show up today?He killed me last game.

• tmarohl

@sox9 said...

At this point in the season you are really only left w/seasoned fantasy players, small slates and little variance to establish an edge or a big payout (lots of dupes). Thinking it is best to wait for football season, high variance w/slates of 10+ games, and build bankroll by doing all the small $2-$5 cash games vs. newbies the first 3 weeks—-so kinda like every other year.

I don’t know why they scheduled the conference finals the way they did. Playing every other day. Probably would have made more sense to play them more like the last round where the first four games of each match up were spread out more, and then condensed games 5-7.

• tmarohl

@shades said...

Does Siakam show up today?He killed me last game.

I think you are going to get a really good effort from all of the Toronto guys today.

• ASitar

Lopez or Miro?

• tmarohl

@ASitar said...

Lopez or Miro?

Depends on if Gasol starts

• tmarohl

Who is going to get Iggy’s minutes tomorrow on the two game slate? I highly doubt they play him.

• yisman

@tmarohl said...

Who is going to get Iggy’s minutes tomorrow on the two game slate? I highly doubt they play him.

Yeah, I would consider him doubtful. The series is wrapped up, they’re not going to play anyone who isn’t 100%.

KD busy with social media lately:

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/kevin-durant-claps-back-warriors-fan-instagram-after-game-3-win

• tmarohl

@yisman said...

Yeah, I would consider him doubtful. The series is wrapped up, they’re not going to play anyone who isn’t 100%

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Bucks will probably lose in Toronto tomorrow which will give you false confidence, as it will take Bucks 5 to put them away.

Has it occurred to you that playing the Pistons, Celtics and Raptors has given Bucks fans a false sense of confidence? Warriors are orders of magnitude better than all of them. Unlike the fan you argued with on twitter, I’ve always regarded the Bucks as the biggest threat this year because D’Antoni’s system – 1 superstar/2 playmakers/1 big center/3-pt shooters on the perimeter – was never going to work against the Warriors’ small ball motion offense and suffocating defense.
    If KD remains out the Bucks won’t be able to stop the Steph/Draymond pick-and-roll, and BroLo will probably get played off the court in the same fashion as Capela. Steph/Klay are more accurate 3-pt shooters than any of the Bucks, and Klay/Andre/Draymond are better defenders than any of the Bucks. Draymond by himself is a better playmaker than any of the Bucks.
    When the finals are over, I think it will be said that Coach Bud’s system was more similar to D’Antoni’s than Kerr’s, and that in the end the talent and experience gap was just too great for the Bucks to overcome. But we’ll have plenty of time to debate over the coming weeks. For today I’m just going to let my Sat-Sun LU ride and hope it hangs on to cash like my Fri-Sat LU did. These conference finals are pretty much a wrap, the main thing I’m looking forward to today is the last episode of GOT!
    https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1130156161070653440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1130156161070653440&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fgolden-state-warriors LOL

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Has it occurred to you that playing the Pistons, Celtics and Raptors has given Bucks fans a false sense of confidence? Warriors are orders of magnitude better than all of them. Unlike the fan you argued with on twitter, I’ve always regarded the Bucks as the biggest threat this year because D’Antoni’s system – 1 superstar/2 playmakers/1 big center/3-pt shooters on the perimeter – was never going to work against the Warriors’ small ball motion offense and suffocating defense.
    If KD remains out the Bucks won’t be able to stop the Steph/Draymond pick-and-roll, and BroLo will probably get played off the court in the same fashion as Capela. Steph/Klay are more accurate 3-pt shooters than any of the Bucks, and Klay/Andre/Draymond are better defenders than any of the Bucks. Draymond by himself is a better playmaker than any of the Bucks.
    When the finals are over, I think it will be said that Coach Bud’s system was more similar to D’Antoni’s than Kerr’s, and that in the end the talent and experience gap was just too great for the Bucks to overcome. But we’ll have plenty of time to debate over the coming weeks. For today I’m just going to let my Sat-Sun LU ride and hope it hangs on to cash like my Fri-Sat LU did. These conference finals are pretty much a wrap, the main thing I’m looking forward to today is the last episode of GOT!
    https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1130156161070653440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1130156161070653440&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fgolden-state-warriors LOL

Bucks are also miles better than Clippers, Houston and Portland, so that is a wash.
    Brolo won’t get run off the court, because he doesn’t leave the paint on defense so he really isn’t guarding anyone but is protecting the rim.
    Agree with your assessment on Steph and Klay.
    Disagree that Klay/Andre/Draymond are better defenders than anyone on the Bucks. Giannis may be defensive player of the year, and Bledsoe will probably be on one of the all defensive teams this season. I also think Dray will get in serious foul trouble trying to guard Giannis.

• ASitar

I feel like Ibaka and Powell are starting Game 3 for sure. I’m going Lopez over Miro

• tmarohl

SportsCenter

Verified account

@SportsCenter

Draymond Green said his son was playing basketball in the house and flopping, so he had to put a stop to it 😂

“I said you gotta stop watching the NBA.”

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Bucks are good
    GSW with KD are good
    GSW without KD are a better basketball team, less iso more Dray/Steph/Klay sharing

Imo Bucks should hope KD plays

Isn’t GS 5-0 in playoffs since KD went down?

Edit: Also… am I mistaken on MIL-TOR is 2-0? If they go up 3-0 tonight is a wrap, but I would think TOR can make some adjustments and prolong the series

• yisman

@Unico10 said...

Bucks are good
    GSW with KD are good
    GSW without KD are a better basketball team, less iso more Dray/Steph/Klay sharing

Imo Bucks should hope KD plays

Isn’t GS 5-0 in playoffs since KD went down?

Edit: Also… am I mistaken on MIL-TOR is 2-0? If they go up 3-0 tonight is a wrap, but I would think TOR can make some adjustments and prolong the series

Toronto wins at least one of Game 3 and 4, IMO

and Portland could force a Game 5. They’re 3.5 point underdogs but really they’re very capable of winning.

Inexplicable complete collapses in Games 2 and 3

GS comes out with better defensive intensity/focus in the third quarter and Portland just folds.

• sox9

fantasylabs said Raptors would make changes to the starting LU via Nurse comments. Then they just came out w/the same starting LU. Huh?

• JustDFSin

@tmarohl said...

Quinn Cook?

Probably mckinnie

• tmarohl

@sox9 said...

fantasylabs said Raptors would make changes to the starting LU via Nurse comments. Then they just came out w/the same starting LU. Huh?

I just saw that. I was figuring Ibaka and Powell would start.

• yisman

@sox9 said...

labs just deleted their tweet about the lineup change, it looks like

covering up the evidence

• ASalvaro

Ibaka and Powell will probably do better off the bench anyway

• ASitar

Effing kidding me? Night is over and it’s only Q1. Gasol….really?

• yisman

First quarter almost over and here are the top scorers:

Gasol, Siakim, Powell

What everyone was expecting.

• yisman

first quarter now over. This is crazy. Kawhi/Giannis combined for 6 points.

Leading scorers: Powell, Gasol, Siakim

• damionismyname

@yisman said...

first quarter now over. This is crazy. Leonard/Giannis combined for 6 points.

Leading scorers: Powell, Gasol, Siakim

that shouldnt hold up

• mtdurham

Giannis has been getting away with all these travels all year and frankly enough is enough.

If referees aren’t capable of determining what is a travel and what isn’t then they just need to ban the Eurostep entirely. That last move made an absolute mockery of the sport.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).