NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 5.5 ) at Boston ( -5.5 ) —- T: 218
    10:30 PM EST : Utah ( 13.5 ) at Golden State ( -13.5 ) —- T: 206.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@scott1489 said...

Respective to being forced into a tie with 150 people. in DK one person won 100k. thats my only point. and its obiously due to pricing and picking the right punt

It’s the way you have to build rosters on FD. Not the pricing of the players.

• Icarus66

Such is my luck guys, I slipped down to 10th, making a whopping $162. So close but yet so far.

• scott1489

@Pandamonious said...

It’s the way you have to build rosters on FD. Not the pricing of the players.

so you dont build around pricing? you dont build around value?

• tmarohl

@scott1489 said...

Respective to being forced into a tie with 150 people. in DK one person won 100k. thats my only point. and its obiously due to pricing and picking the right punt

It has absolutely nothing to do with pricing. In a two game slate, how many shooting guards do you have to choose from? How many point guards do you have to choose from? How many power forwards do you have to choose from? How many SF do you have to choose from? How many centers do you have to choose from? If you are picking starters you already have 50% overlap. That is why there are ties. Not because of pricing.

• tmarohl

@scott1489 said...

you aren’t shit

Not saying I am, but at least I have results attached to my name. You don’t, and you don’t understand the very basics of either site, so you are blowing smoke out of your ass.

• scott1489

but overlap comes from pricing. theres never any overlap in DK… its always one person that wins 100k bro

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@scott1489 said...

so you dont build around pricing? you dont build around value?

Look back at my previous post. FD doesn’t have multi-position eligibility. You’re also forced to roster 2 of every position except center. That limits the flexibility of what you can do. I get you’re point and at times FD has been looser with pricing, but that’s not always the case either. The top winning line up tonight on FD will have D West in it. That’s a punt. That’s value. Same with Hood, which allowed the winner(s) to pay up for IT and Wall.

• tmarohl

Ties were not even that bad tonight – Only 11 people tied for first place for a cool $13,886 each.

• scott1489

@tmarohl said...

Ties were not even that bad tonight – Only 11 people tied for first place for a cool $13,886 each.

well then thats good. we were just informed that 150 people were at 600 each. i get your point, but DK does seem more likely to hit huge due to pricing..

• KindGuy

Lol 11 people tied for the $75,000 first place prize in the $9 FD WOW Shot.

Each take home $13,886.36.

Wall+IT was the key!

As a matter of fact, just stacking the shit out of the first game would’ve been enough.

• tmarohl

@scott1489 said...

well then thats good. we were just informed that 150 people were at 600 each. i get your point, but DK does seem more likely to hit huge due to pricing..

I’m trying to get you to understand that the ties on FD are not do to the pricing. What do I have to do to convince you? In a two game slate, with 4 teams, you have a total of 4 starters at each position. Teams tend to run tight 8 man rotations in the playoffs for the most part. You need two of each position except center. That leads to huge overlap because of limited options. The ties have absolutely nothing to do with pricing. They have everything to do to not having many options to choose from. Like I said earlier, you rarely have ties in slates with three or more games. As far as the size of prize pools go, you are also mistaken. If you haven’t noticed FD and DK are the same company now. On most nights their prize pools and entry fees for the large prize pools are the same. About every 4th slate or so FD breaks it up. Tonight they did a $3, $6, $9 contest. DK you had the Crazy 8. Tomorrow FD has a $8 contest with a $100K top prize. DK has the crazy 8 with a $100K top prize. So in essence, basically the same thing. I would argue that you are not going to be the one guy who is going to hit that 100K on DK on a two game slate. Because of lack of options to choose from, your chance of having the top score on FD is actually higher, although you will have to share your prize with 10 or 11 other grinders. But hey, 13.8K sucks right?

• chronoxiong

326.1 for tonight which beasted all the games I was in. It won $3 each in the Swat and Bunt. Glad I didnt fall for the trap Amir Johnson play. I already had enough of being trolled by Brad Stevens. My PF combo was Draymond/West. That was the key PF combo.

• tmarohl

@chronoxiong said...

326.1 for tonight which beasted all the games I was in. It won $3 each in the Swat and Bunt. Glad I didnt fall for the trap Amir Johnson play. I already had enough of being trolled by Brad Stevens. My PF combo was Draymond/West. That was the key PF combo.

So you were playing NBA guys in MLB contests? I mean aren’t the swat and bunt MLB contests?

• tmarohl

Very rarely play cash games. Ended up doing a $25 three man league on FD with some of those bonus points from the April month long promotion. Managed to win and I had Rozier as one of my two point guards paired with Wall. That punt allowed me to pay up for Draymond and Durant, even though Durant significantly underwhelmed. Didn’t think I had a chance when IT went off.

• chronoxiong

@tmarohl said...

So you were playing NBA guys in MLB contests? I mean aren’t the swat and bunt MLB contests?

Lol Dribbler and Swat. Oops. Too many GPPs to remember. And I went out of town lol

• tmarohl

@chronoxiong said...

Lol Dribbler and Swat. Oops. Too many GPPs to remember. And I went out of town lol

I think the top MLB score tonight would have almost taken down the FD NBA GPP’s. 337.6 took down the squeeze.

• damionismyname

@tmarohl said...

I think the top MLB score tonight would have almost taken down the FD NBA GPP’s. 337.6 took down the squeeze.

thats why I dont play baseball. how lucky to pick that many guys to go off in baseball to get a score that high?

• tmarohl

@damionismyname said...

thats why I dont play baseball. how lucky to pick that many guys to go off in baseball to get a score that high?

Baseball is a lottery. Even if you are skilled, there is so much variance. Good hitters fail 70% of the time.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).