Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

5/20
    9:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -6 ) at San Antonio ( 6 ) —- T: 212

5/20
    8:30 PM EST : Boston ( 5.5 ) at Cleveland ( -5.5 ) —- T: 220

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• franckyfranck

CLEBOS game 3 is probably another blowout . Schump and Korver are interesting options at SG !

• billholler

@franckyfranck said...

CLEBOS game 3 is probably another blowou

With Kawhi now a no go, I don’t foresee any of these conference finals games not being blowouts.

• moped_jones

These series feel like the pre-season. A lot of scrubs smashing value due to the blowouts. Which ones to pick?

Since Kawhi is out, I think this makes the game another blowout. I like Bertans on FD for $1300. Should get enough minutes to get good value + frees up lots of cap space. Obviously Simmons on FD is a must play at $4200.

I’m all in on Curry, Simmons, and Love. The rest of my lineups are mix and match.

• JustDFSin

@gaelicgirl said...

Hard to say which has the higher floor. Murray backs up Mills, but Livingston backs up Iggy, Klay, and Steph. Livingston and/or McCaw will probably get 12-15 minutes as Klay’s backup, but who knows what Pop will do?

Murray will get at least 20 minutes in a blowout. I’m pretty sure the game will be out of reach by the 4th quarter and murray play the entire quarter. Livingston will probably be pulled for clark. If I had to make a choice between the 2 it’s Murray

• leroystabbins

It’s so depressing that in the last few days of the NBA DFS season I’m forced to comb the benches for that random 3k scrub that’s going to put up 30 in a blowout. All the while avoiding 50% of the studs that won’t hit value due to blowout.

My quick thoughts – of the studs LeBron seems like the only one that is going to get his no matter what the score. Curry was able to put up a good number last game but with how GS can spread the ball it could easily be Durant that hits 50 and Curry only makes 30.

2nd tier players pretty much is the PF spot and Klay. I think I’m just going to pay up at PF (maybe a few D. West lineups) and try to “guess the scrub” at the G spots. I’ve been missing at PF with my punts, so I figure just take the raw points.

As for the punts… Who the hell knows. Brown and Anderson you figure are the safest, but are in a top heavy SF group. The Cavs SGs… Again who knows. Korver doesn’t have the stroke, JR is complacent with watching the Globetrotters vs. Generals game he’s a part of, and Shump is just Shump. Going to go with Gino and hope he gets some run before the blowout and maybe some Bradley/Smart for some Celtics exposure.

Also might go heavy on Mills and hope he puts up some numbers at low %.

Note: reread and it’s a jumbled mess of my thoughts. My apologies.

• moped_jones

@billholler said...

I hate this. Took the chance on the Wed/Sat slate that he was playing. Me 3 best lineups all have him in them. Reward seemed to have outweighed the risk at the time. Oops.

I am in that position as well. These multi-day slates should have late swap. Especially when one game is on Wednesday and the other on Saturday.

• JustDFSin

@moped_jones said...

I am in that position as well. These multi-day slates should have late swap. Especially when one game is on Wednesday and the other on Saturday.

It’s funny because FD was ahead of the game and decided to allow late swap for split slate games and DK doesn’t. FD has never allowed late swap to my knowledge and DK decides not to follow suit and allow it. Ridiculous

• sanders_tj

Danny Green / Aldridge

Or

McCaw / Draymond Green?

Or maybe Ginobili / Draymond Green?

• raymond333

So, if Boston is going to make an attempt to do something, I would think it would be this game. Toying with doing a Boston line…like J Brown for sure as he did good. Then I don’t know, maybe IT, Bradley or Smart, and Horford?

Obviously this is risky, but like I said, if they are going to have that game, I would think it would be this next one…still not even sure if they can pull a game off, but fantasy wise, it’s possible they could attempt to come out swinging, and they would be low owned, etc. Idk, after last nights ass whooping I’m not sure.

Any thoughts on that angle? If so, which 4 would you play?

• StevieBrown

Is IT expected to play?

• Utica315

No talk on Javel McGee tonight. Getting the start and has proven he can get 20-30 points on just 15-20 minutes. Interesting play.

I’m starting with this lineup on DK:

PG: Murray
    SG: Simmons
    SF: James
    PF: Durant
    C: McGee
    G: Smart
    F: Jaylen Brown
    UTIL: Draymond Green

I’ll start there and slightly mix up the studs and values in the rest of my lineups. It could be a slate where it’s ok to leave a few hundred of your salary cap on the table. It’s been one of those playoffs.

• P0key

@raymond333 said...

So, if Boston is going to make an attempt to do something, I would think it would be this game. Toying with doing a Boston line…like J Brown for sure as he did good. Then I don’t know, maybe IT, Bradley or Smart, and Horford?

Obviously this is risky, but like I said, if they are going to have that game, I would think it would be this next one…still not even sure if they can pull a game off, but fantasy wise, it’s possible they could attempt to come out swinging, and they would be low owned, etc. Idk, after last nights ass whooping I’m not sure.

Any thoughts on that angle? If so, which 4 would you play?

yeah its the NBA anything is possible..im still going to take a few starters from Spurs/Celtics in case they show up…BUT a this point the only chance these teams have is probably 2 studs from both the cavs/warriors having an off night..maybe one stud in foul trouble and the other just off their game…Love off..LBJ foul trouble or Curry off KD foul trouble

smh gsw can probably survive this type of situation their so stacked

• billholler

@StevieBrown said...

Is IT expected to play?

Just speculation based on Twitter buzz, he’s done. Think they know they have zero chance now.

• jordanisloose

IT IS OUT!!!!!!

• raymond333

Interesting. And Roto’s optimizer has him in, but GTD. You could go him, then drop down to Irving if need be. But as others have said, this is getting real tricky. Besides the guards and center spots sucking, other than bron, I don’t know which big guy to pic. Irving didn’t do too hot last game. IT may be out, and Curry looks the best, but then you have to worry about a blowout.

The angles/strategies I come up with are….more or less playing Lebron and Durant in some, possibly try a Boston stack in case they come out balling…but now we don’t even know if IT is playing, so maybe Bradley, Smart, J Brown, and Horford?

I’m really thinking the best strategy could be to stack Curry/Lebron/Durant…then surround them with bench guys/punts. Just have to get those right. Thinking like Simmons, J Brown, Gino..and then a couple of Cleveland bench guys- possibly Shumpert or JR smith, or Korver.

Idk. Anyone think one of these ways to go is good over another? This is getting very tricky lol.

• nyknick

who does better, simmons or TT? on DK
    TT doesn’t drop a dud and other spurs step up, limiting simmons?

• 7klub06

Aldridge, Green and Simmons for the Spurs tonight. Bounce Back for Aldridge since he fells that he is the one to carry the team and hoping that Green will just get hot tonight at home from 3 point line

• 7klub06

Isaiah Thomas done for the season
    Time to just play smart and brown

• gaelicgirl

@JustDFSin said...

Murray will get at least 20 minutes in a blowout. I’m pretty sure the game will be out of reach by the 4th quarter and murray play the entire quarter. Livingston will probably be pulled for clark. If I had to make a choice between the 2 it’s Murray

I agree about Murray, have him paired with Curry in 3 out of 5 Fri/Sat LUs. Keeping Livingston with Curry in the other 2, because Pop. Think I’ll keep McCaw in the 1 LU he’s in, in hopes that people move off him now that it looks like Iggy’s playing. McCaw could play in garbage time, too.
    Feel bad for the DK players (bill, moped) that are stuck with Kawhi now because of no late swap. That sucks.

• DC2380

IT out for the rest of the playoffs

• cbsharpe

Boston might as well forfeit 😁.

• tmarohl

@DC2380 said...

IT out for the rest of the playoffs

Getting really hard to put together lineups now. Even guys like Lebron may not play enough with how this is playing out.

• lloydjv1

I had Zaza in my best LU tonight. Dammit.

• raymond333

Yea, I think that’s it for Boston. I mean even besides IT, who else really is producing on that team? Nobody I can see other than J Brown, and maybe Smart. The question is, are they going to actually try and play, or just give up lol. I think J Brown is about the safest play on Boston at this point.

• colb24

RoZier all aboard that train … will play and will stay in when being down 400 should do well at his price on DK

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.