Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

5/20
    9:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -6 ) at San Antonio ( 6 ) —- T: 212

5/20
    8:30 PM EST : Boston ( 5.5 ) at Cleveland ( -5.5 ) —- T: 220

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superstars92

After tonight’s game, I believe I have the highest possible team with just LBJ left at like 218 on DK. It has a very good shot at winning the 33 dollar tourney or at least placing very high, and I guess a 1% chance at the 8 dollar tourney, but I’ll take that. I also have a team with 228 FP with Love left too.

• Utica315

@superstars92 said...

Huh? The winning team does not have Crowder or Bradley. It has LeBron.

Its Steph-Manu-LBJ-KD-McGee-Anderson-Love-Jefferson.

Ummm, no. The 200k Excellent 8’s has Crowder and Bradley. No Lebron. 15k

Watch this contest with me, https://deeplink.me/draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/40895565

• ASalvaro

if i used a guy like Jefferson he would be a cinche DNP let alone winning $5,000

• superstars92

@Utica315 said...

Ummm, no. The 200k Excellent 8’s has Crowder and Bradley. No Lebron. 15k

Watch this contest with me, https://deeplink.me/draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/40895565

Yes…it’s the Wednesday-Saturday slate as I said above. You said the Friday/Saturday slate, and I was just correcting you.

How can the Friday/Saturday slate have Bradley or Crowder when they did nothing?

• ASalvaro

the 4 point play winner has Jefferson

• Utica315

@superstars92 said...

Yes…it’s the Wednesday-Saturday slate as I said above. You said the Friday/Saturday slate, and I was just correcting you.

How can the Friday/Saturday slate have Bradley or Crowder when they did nothing?

My bad. That’s what I meant. The pint was just to illustrate that you can win with those guys and not paying up for a Lebron. I did crap in that tourney, so I’m not lecturing by any means. Just showing that it’s a strategy. Especially with IT out. Someone has to score and get rebounds. And at that dropoff in their salary, you can stack the rest of your lineup. I would’ve loved playing Crowder over Aldridge and being able to upgrade elsewhere. But I’m not psychic. So I’ll go to bed with my measly $12

• SkateFiend

You could probably cook an egg on top of Grep Popovich’s head right now. He won 61 games and breathe on the necks of the Warriors during the regular season by playing smart basketball, and all that goes away with a questionable move by Zaza.

The Warrior have to be one of the least likable title contenders out there. That whole team just turns me off, especially that Draymond Green. Wow Draymond, you grab 10 rebounds and dish out 10 assists for a team that has Durant, Curry and Thompson. What a stat stuffing beast!

I’ll be rooting for Lebron in the finals.

• superstars92

@Utica315 said...

My bad. That’s what I meant. The pint was just to illustrate that you can win with those guys and not paying up for a Lebron. I did crap in that tourney, so I’m not lecturing by any means. Just showing that it’s a strategy. Especially with IT out. Someone has to score and get rebounds. And at that dropoff in their salary, you can stack the rest of your lineup. I would’ve loved playing Crowder over Aldridge and being able to upgrade elsewhere. But I’m not psychic. So I’ll go to bed with my measly $12

Oh yea it’s fine. I definitely agree you can win without LeBron. His price is super high, so not only does he have to do well, but the low price players you pair with him have to do well too.

I was just responding because when I read your initial post, it looked like you were saying something like (from my interpretation) “the Friday/Saturday winner did not have LeBron and had Crowder and Bradley, despite the latter two sucking completely yesterday,” and trying to say you can win a GPP with multiple landmines, so I was a bit confused and was just saying it was for Wednesday/Saturday. No worries. I agree with what you are saying about winning without LeBron. You can go throughout the season and see that you can win without Westbrook even when Westbrook at his massive price goes for 6x.

• tmarohl

@SkateFiend said...

You could probably cook an egg on top of Grep Popovich’s head right now. He won 61 games and breathe on the necks of the Warriors during the regular season by playing smart basketball, and all that goes away with a questionable move by Zaza.

The Warrior have to be one of the least likable title contenders out there. That whole team just turns me off, especially that Draymond Green. Wow Draymond, you grab 10 rebounds and dish out 10 assists for a team that has Durant, Curry and Thompson. What a stat stuffing beast!

I’ll be rooting for Lebron in the finals.

I am the complete opposite. To me Lebron is one of the most unlikeable players in the NBA and I will be rooting for the Warriors to kick his ass.

• SkateFiend

@tmarohl said...

I am the complete opposite. To me Lebron is one of the most unlikeable players in the NBA and I will be rooting for the Warriors to kick his ass.

I don’t particularly like Lebron, but I’ll just root for the team who can best take out the Warriors.

It would be nice for Kyle Korver to win a ring.

• tmarohl

Well, we will have the two biggest whiners in the NBA going at it. Lebron and Draymond.

• tonytone1908

@SkateFiend said...

I don’t particularly like Lebron, but I’ll just root for the team who can best take out the Warriors.

It would be nice for Kyle Korver to win a ring.

Yes because if anyone deserves a ring it’s Kyle Korver. SMH. I for one can’t wait to see the Warriors destroy Cleveland.

• loutheitalian

Finally able to turn a profit $227.00 but in turned into $4 k I’ll take it

• tonytone1908

So does Manu come back next year or could tomorrow possibly be his last game and he goes out Kobe style?

• tmarohl

@tonytone1908 said...

So does Manu come back next year or could tomorrow possibly be his last game and he goes out Kobe style?

I think they have a spot for him just for the fact that Parker will probably miss most of the season.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.