Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Monday, 5/20
    9:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -3.5 ) at Portland ( 3.5 ) —- T: 219.5

Tuesday, 5/21
    8:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -2 ) at Toronto ( 2 ) —- T: 216

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• yisman

watched a replay of the end of last night’s game. Superstitious. Got buried by the end of double OT! https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7B0W0xXkAEenZq.jpg

• ASitar

@Jonas137 said...

If Iggy sits, and McKinnie/Lee cover more in his stead, Blazers win this one at home.

If Iggy sits and McKinnie gets a bump in minutes do you take him or Bell? I have a Bell plugged in now.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Didn’t players vote Draymond one of the most overrated, too? I rest my case.

I think KD would be crazy not to come back, as Warriors can pay him more than anyone else. He appears to be a weird dude though. I’m still not convinced that things are right with Draymond and KD. Dray may be playing his a$$ off right now just to prove his point to KD. Players put asterisks on KD’s championships with GS. Best hopes for GS retaining KD may actually be losing in 6 or 7 to the Bucks, so KD can come back and put GS back over the top :)

• tmarohl

KD seems a little sensitive today

Kevin Durant

Verified account

KDTrey5 Follow Follow KDTrey5
    More
    Replying to @Chris_Broussard
    I see a little exaggeration there buddy, my worst nightmare?? U sure that this is the worst that it can get???

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

He’s laughing his ass off at all these ridiculous hot takes

• klemi96

Is it worth fading Aminu, Cook and Lillard?

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

I think his worst nightmare is his current injury, which I believe is much more severe than they are telling you.

• hobbes2d

@gaelicgirl said...

But also KD ^

• gaelicgirl

@hobbes2d said...

But also KD ^

Y’all a bunch of KD haters in here, man!
    LOL
    In response to ASitar’s question about Meyers Leonard: Stotts liked the way Leonard played in the 4th quarter of Game 2, so he started him in Game 3. He said Leonard had a terrific first half of Game 3, and the loss wasn’t his fault. He also said Leonard can space the floor, and has a good 2-man game with both Dame and CJ.

• hobbes2d

@gaelicgirl said...

LOL
    In response to ASitar’s question about Meyers Leonard: Stotts liked the way Leonard played in the 4th quarter of Game 2, so he started him in Game 3. He said Leonard had a terrific first half of Game 3, and the loss wasn’t his fault. He also said Leonard can space the floor, and has a good 2-man game with both Dame and CJ.

He also does nothing defensively. Stotts has no idea what to do clearly lol. I’m still waiting for Jake Layman to win me another GPP.

• aus1032

@tmarohl said...

Not related to NBA playoffs, but for those of you who will be dabbling in WNBA, here is a really helpful list of all of the Athletics WNBA beat writers that I just came across.

The Athletic WNBA

TheAthleticWNBA 1h1 hour ago More Beat writers for all 12 WNBA teams: Dream: kelseyyrusso
    Wings: DorothyJGentry Sparks: sabreenajm
    Mercury: almansanarez Sky: maggiehendricks
    Fever: mjslaby Lynx: _katiedavidson
    Storm: cafecita_ Sun: mollyyanity
    Aces: MaddynThomas Liberty: elindsay08
    Mystics: @linzsports

Thank you for this. Killed wnba last season, hoping for the same this year

• tmarohl

@aus1032 said...

Thank you for this. Killed wnba last season, hoping for the same this year

Contests are posted for Friday already.

• ASitar

@gaelicgirl said...

LOL

• aus1032

@tmarohl said...

Contests are posted for Friday already.

Thanks, can’t wait to see pricing. It’s usually horribly mispriced first game of the season.

• aus1032

any reason to not put dray at captain? He’s just playing out of his mind right now

• hobbes2d

@aus1032 said...

any reason to not put dray at captain? He’s just playing out of his mind right now

Depends on what you think lower priced guys can do.

• ASitar

@aus1032 said...

I have Steph at C in both of mine. I think he puts up the most DK points tonight (around 60). I’m fading Dray in 1. Just think he could be the high owned guy to fade tonight. Don’t get me wrong he’s playing great, but he tends to get into more foul trouble than Steph or Klay and he’ll be higher owned than them. Playing the players holding the cards opposed to the cards in that LU (if you will).

• Yeoman

@gaelicgirl said...

LOL

He’s defended the pick and roll better than either Kanter or Collins, and with Durant out there’s even more pick and roll to defend than there was before.

To be honest, I thought their best lineups were when they had two bigs on the floor, and maybe that’ll be even more true if Kanter’s rest two nights ago helps him. Everybody assumes they have to go small to matchup with GSW’s small lineups but maybe it’s worth trying to force the issue the other direction?

• Yeoman

@hobbes2d said...

He also does nothing defensively.

Really? He’s the only one of the three bigs that’s even existent on a hedge. Having Kanter defend a pick and roll is just giving away the three point line.

Aminu at the five might work defensively but that’s a disaster at the other end.

• gaelicgirl

@Yeoman said...

He’s defended the pick and roll better than either Kanter or Collins, and with Durant out there’s even more pick and roll to defend than there was before.

To be honest, I thought their best lineups were when they had two bigs on the floor, and maybe that’ll be even more true if Kanter’s rest two nights ago helps him. Everybody assumes they have to go small to matchup with GSW’s small lineups but maybe it’s worth trying to force the issue the other direction?

Agree, if they try to match GS’s small LUs they risk getting killed on the boards.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Andre got his back
    https://twitter.com/andre/status/1130530002477338624 NSFW

• ScofieldReturns

any guesses who GSW start at C tonight? bell?

• hobbes2d

@ScofieldReturns said...

any guesses who GSW start at C tonight? bell?

Probably Jones again. Don’t see any reason why Bell would start. He’s doing just fine off the bench.

• Yeoman

@gaelicgirl said...

Agree, if they try to match GS’s small LUs they risk getting killed on the boards.

Even if the rebounding weren’t going to be a problem I’d rather risk having Leonard or Collins getting worked over by Green on the post than give Curry carte blanche on the three point line. And it gives them more to work with at the other end. If I were Stotts I think I’d rotate the three bigs and try to keep two of them on the court at all times.

Except maybe to start the second half. Every third quarter’s the same: GSW makes an adjustment to whatever they’re getting and Portland keeps doing what was working in the first half (but isn’t now). I’d be tempted to make a change just to make a change, even if I didn’t really believe in it. Start Aminu at the five out of halftime just to show something other than what they just spent 15 minutes preparing for. Switch everything for a minute or two and see what happens. Play a couple of possessions of 1-2-2 zone. Whatever. They think they own you out of halftime.

The most important thing anyone ever taught me about poker is that you don’t bluff to win a hand, you bluff to get caught. You have to prove that they can’t know for certain what you’re holding because it’s entirely possible you aren’t making the objectively best play.

End hot take.

• ScofieldReturns

@hobbes2d said...

Probably Jones again. Don’t see any reason why Bell would start. He’s doing just fine off the bench.

jones got them in a deep hole early with his early fouls. idk if they’ll be willing to risk that again

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler