Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Monday, 5/20
    9:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -3.5 ) at Portland ( 3.5 ) —- T: 219.5

Tuesday, 5/21
    8:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -2 ) at Toronto ( 2 ) —- T: 216

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• hobbes2d

@ScofieldReturns said...

jones got them in a deep hole early with his early fouls. idk if they’ll be willing to risk that again

They’re up 3-0. What risk? lol.

• BerkeleyBoss

@hobbes2d said...

Probably Jones again. Don’t see any reason why Bell would start. He’s doing just fine off the bench.

I’m not saying they’ll start Bell, but what reason do you see for them to start Jones?

• gaelicgirl

@BerkeleyBoss said...

I’m not saying they’ll start Bell, but what reason do you see for them to start Jones?

For the same reason they kept Bell in after that blown dunk? To give him a chance to do better. You know how Kerr is, he loves his bench guys. Damian has worked hard to get back since December, could see Kerr giving him another chance.

• BerkeleyBoss

@gaelicgirl said...

For the same reason they kept Bell in after that blown dunk? To give him a chance to do better. You know how Kerr is, he loves his bench guys. Damian has worked hard to get back since December, could see Kerr giving him another chance.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. I’ve just never understood the whole “Starter in name only” thing at C.

• telestraightshooter

FWIW:
    Damian Lillard has separated ribs and is playing through the injury
    The injury apparently occurred in Game 2, and Lillard has been playing through it since

“I feel fine, I mean, it happened early in the second game. I think the third [quarter] of the second game. I finished the game and played last night,” Lillard said.
    Lillard also said, “I don’t think it’s affecting my game.”

is he taking copious amount of that pain killer – damnItAll?

only thing certain is he has not put up more than 10 fPts in a quarter in last 6….. fade?

• ASitar

I’ve got Bell in 2/3. Bell and McKinnie will get between 16-20 minutes each but I think Bell does more w those minutes. I hope Leonard starts because I have him in 2/3 (1 FPPM). The only player(s) I’m worried about are Hood/Curry/Turner. I hope to avoid a possible 30 burger from one of those bench guys. ESP for the fact that Dame may rest more and they’ll see more minutes.

• gaelicgirl

@telestraightshooter said...

is he taking copious amount of that pain killer – damnItAll?

LOL I read that he’s not taking any painkillers, but his ribs are taped and padded.

• hobbes2d

@BerkeleyBoss said...

Because Kerr traditionally likes to start a real Center to start the game even if they don’t actually stay in the game very long. If he were going to start someone other than Jones/Bogut, he would just start Looney.

• BerkeleyBoss

@hobbes2d said...

Because Kerr traditionally likes to start a real Center to start the game even if they don’t actually stay in the game very long. If he were going to start someone other than Jones/Bogut, he would just start Looney.

I’ve never really understood the point

• telestraightshooter

per36 since 5.15

58.85 – Dray
    55.84 – ABC
    52.01 – Steph
    44.48 – Connaugh
    42.62 – Klaw
    42.07 – Bell

• Yeoman

@hobbes2d said...

They’re up 3-0. What risk? lol.

Nobody’d ever lost from 3-1 up in the finals, either.

Whoever he decides to start it won’t be because he thinks this is a throwaway game. Kerr knows better than that.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

The Dray – KD thing… of course KD is the more talented all around basketball player, but when intangibles come into play…. :/ of course KD is sensitive!

Exhibit 1: GS won without KD, KD has not won without GS
    Exhibit 2: KD in the finals vs the Cavs with OKC folded like a paper swan
    Exhibit 3: GS lost the final to the Cavs up 3-1 when Dray went down with an injury
    Exhibit 4: Once KD went down with an injury GS caught fire and started playing like GS of years past, with very little isolation and many one touch passes

So… even without anyone pointing these things out to him. He knows them and he sees them. Players at that level have a massive ego, so he should absolutely be sensitive and if/when he comes back will probably try to prove something which could totally backfire as far as the team perofmance

• Yeoman

@Unico10 said...

Would that it were so, but there’s only one banner up there in the Q rafters.

• BerkeleyBoss

@Unico10 said...

Obv you mean against MIA (LeBron)…

I’m not really one to defend KD (Steph’s better!! lol), but he actually played quite well in that series (30.6 ppg on 65% TS). Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka…not so much.

• yisman

Iguana officially sitting

• ASitar

If Leonard starts….

• gaelicgirl

Klay’s looking fine tonight! LOL

• escot4

• x2

$2M Prize Winner

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Champion

Random guess (not based on any news other than Iggy being out) but I think GSW could actually start Livingston at the SF position today.

• gaelicgirl

“Kerr reiterates that Alfonzo McKinnie and Jonas Jerebko will definitely get more minutes with Iguodala out tonight. Kerr won’t reveal starters until closer to game time.” – Nick Friedell

• aus1032

@escot4 said...

Random guess (not based on any news other than Iggy being out) but I think GSW could actually start Livingston at the SF position today.

why would they do that tho

• ASitar

@gaelicgirl said...

“Kerr reiterates that Alfonzo McKinnie and Jonas Jerebko will definitely get more minutes with Iguodala out tonight. Kerr won’t reveal starters until closer to game time.” – Nick Friedell

• Yeoman

@escot4 said...

That sounds right to me, but he’ll still likely be held under 20 minutes. I’m thinking maybe Jerebko is the play, though I don’t have him anywhere at the moment. Or maybe it’s better to look at the other side; no Iguodala changes their defense and not for the better.

• me_mike84

im opting to fade lillard tonight after playing him the 1st 3….so we know whats going to happen

• wolverinezack

Does Quinn Cook get any run?

• Yeoman

I’m ordering up both the red and yellow curries in showdown. A recipe for indigestion, I’m sure, but at least I’m staying away from the green.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).