NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

9:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 5 ) at Golden State ( -5 ) —- T: 221.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Njsum1

Dubs need to find their legs or this game is OVER

I’ve been doing OK w the MLB.. only the basketball’s have I seen a drop-off, personally. Never had such a tough time cashing like this season, for whatever reason. MLB been doing alright, and I’m not even following it that closely.

As for tomorrow….. DK… NBA, the pricing is so weak… HOW is Pee-Gee only 7800 vs DAL? Kawhi 8000… Ibaka 4500, Rondo 4400? Might play all 4 100% tomorrow now. Like BUTLER at 8400, and Griffin 4400. M Morris for DEN too cheap as well. Covington only 4900. Wow. Shocked that Porzy is more expensive than Pee-Gee/‘Whi.

• tmarohl

@Unico10 said...

I almost never play the 888 in mlb
    Sometimes, usually only if I win a ticket or if I have some winning to play with, I play the mega gold glove
    I am not a special single entry guy

My sweet spot are 5 to 10 lineups
    Usually a tight group of pitchers (2 to 4) and a small group of offenses (depends on slate 3 to 8)

Feel free to PM me your lineup and I will tell you what I do and don’t like and why
    I think helps more in the long run

OK, just don’t have a lot of interest though. So boring.

G S could be finished now. Zero offense. Grizzly came ready to play.

• ifthethunder

Guess I should have played Blazemore at CPT.
    ~

• tmarohl

On another topic, subject to all of these Papa Johns Pizza Shaq commercials during playoffs. Does anyone actually like Papa Johns?
    My experience is I have never had one that was even close to being done. I need the cheese to at least be melted and a little brown.
    What is with those stupid peppers they put inside the box?
    #worstchainpizzainamerica.

I said that comment.. then CURRY bombs 3 3’s and Poole 1. Lol. Nuts. Cashing both showdowns, although one has Looney-DUD and one Melton. Bazemore again? He did something? Didn’t even notice. Wow.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

@866 said...

I said that comment.. then CURRY bombs 3 3’s and Poole 1. Lol. Nuts. Cashing both showdowns, although one has Looney-DUD and one Melton. Bazemore again? He did something? Didn’t even notice. Wow.

Nice
    I didn’t play because I wanted Steph, Dray, SloMo, JJJ and Brooks and after a few tries I gave up because no matter how I went about at cpt I didn’t like the last piece
    Yesterday with the WAS centers was kind of easy to find the low owned guy with floor
    Played two of them in every lineup and cashed almost all of them

• bdf

@theIrrigator said...

Until your guys wreck on the last lap and all your winnings disappear in 10 seconds

I have no idea how many times I look and I’m in the green with like 10 laps to go and then everyone crashes and I don’t cash.

• tmarohl

Doesn’t look like the Warriors want to be in the playoffs.

• Njsum1

@ifthethunder said...

Guess I should have played Blazemore at CPT.
    ~

As I posted earlier, showdown is luck. There’s very little skill. The only “skill” is to take some chances on contrarian builds. Play some low owned guys and fade some high owned ones. Yet that’s not really a skill. Just kinda guessing and hoping.

• tmarohl

@Njsum1 said...

As I posted earlier, showdown is luck. There’s very little skill. The only “skill” is to take some chances on contrarian builds.

That is why showdowns suck

• Njsum1

@tmarohl said...

That is why showdowns suck

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #39

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

On another topic, subject to all of these Papa Johns Pizza Shaq commercials during playoffs. Does anyone actually like Papa Johns?
    My experience is I have never had one that was even close to being done. I need the cheese to at least be melted and a little brown.
    What is with those stupid peppers they put inside the box?
    #worstchainpizzainamerica.

I like Papa John’s and the peppers they put in the box. That garlic dipping sauce that comes with the pizza Is good also. I will say though I cant remember the last time I had Papa Johns

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #39

RG Tiered Ranking

I didn’t build any “Valanciunas is in foul trouble the whole game” lineups. I have tons of Valanciunas. If you didnt play J-Val you should be winning

• tmarohl

@theIrrigator said...

I like Papa John’s and the peppers they put in the box. That garlic dipping sauce that comes with the pizza Is good also. I will say though I cant remember the last time I had Papa Johns

I think it might be the worst chain pizza in America. Never had one that I didn’t have to ask them to put back in the oven. Crust is kind of bad. The pepper thing is a good gimmick but a waste of fricking time. Just cook your damn pizzas so the cheese at least melts and turns a little brown, that is all I ask. Just terrible fricking pizza.

• Zeavy

@Njsum1 said...

As I posted earlier, showdown is luck. There’s very little skill. The only “skill” is to take some chances on contrarian builds. Play some low owned guys and fade some high owned ones. Yet that’s not really a skill. Just kinda guessing and hoping.

Taking chances on contrarian builds, playing low owned guys and fading high owned guys so there is no skill? I find that’s the same skill as always, your moves just mean night can be over early or “it’s gonna be a fun night” early.

I understand people’s frustrations and maybe it’s just me but I find myself playing slightly less lineups and making even bolder full fades or all ins which seem to give me a bigger edge against the max entry players and that’s why I love showdowns and especially nfl showdowns.

• Njsum1

@theIrrigator said...

I didn’t build any “Valanciunas is in foul trouble the whole game” lineups. I have tons of Valanciunas. If you didnt play J-Val you should be winning

I thought about not playing Jval for that reason, but alas, I have all the Jval 😭. Only did 3 lineups yet there he is 🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮

• Njsum1

@Zeavy said...

Taking chances on contrarian builds, playing low owned guys and fading high owned guys so there is no skill? I find that’s the same skill as always, your moves just mean night can be over early or “it’s gonna be a fun night” early.

I understand people’s frustrations and maybe it’s just me but I find myself playing slightly less lineups and making even bolder full fades or all ins which seem to give me a bigger edge against the max entry players and that’s why I love showdowns and especially nfl showdowns.

No, it’s not skill. It’s just using some game theory.

NFL showdowns are different, a little more skill there IMO

• Yeoman

@theIrrigator said...

I didn’t build any “Valanciunas is in foul trouble the whole game” lineups.

I thought all the “how will Scott Foster give the game to the Dubs?” conversation would probably land people here.

• Njsum1

@Yeoman said...

I thought all the “how will Scott Foster give the game to the Dubs?” conversation would probably land people here.

That’s when I thought about fading Jval, when someone mentioned the league likely wanted the Warriors to win. Seemed if that was true, and I’m not saying I believe it, it would be easy to call some cheap fouls on Jval.

If I would have done a bunch of lineups I would have faded him in a handful

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #39

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

That’s when I thought about fading Jval, when someone mentioned the league likely wanted the Warriors to win. Seemed if that was true, and I’m not saying I believe it, it would be easy to call some cheap fouls on Jval.

If I would have done a bunch of lineups I would have faded him in a handful

So it didn’t take any skill to come to that conclusion?

• tmarohl

So what did we learn tonight. Papa Johns and Baseball Sucks, and the Warriors don’t appear to want to be in the playoffs through 2.5 quarters.

• Yeoman

It got me off JVal and onto Tillman. Basically my thinking was “Foster tries to give the game to the Dubs but can’t” might be different enough to be worth a try. 5-1 Memphis but no JVal.

• Njsum1

@theIrrigator said...

So it didn’t take any skill to come to that conclusion?

No because I don’t think the league is trying to fix the game for the Warriors.

So if I would have acted on that premise, although it would have worked, I would have been lucky to get that result.

The fouls on Jval didn’t seem cheap, maybe one. Yet Dray just got a cheap foul called on him, as did curry.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).