NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Miami ( 4.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -4.5 ) —- T: 222.5
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( 1.5 ) at Denver ( -1.5 ) —- T: 227

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Pierce85

• Brendan239

Can you go Markus Thomas over Simons and Morris or is it getting too cute? I have Simons now to pivot off Morris and am hoping for 25 minutes from him. Denver guards a crapshoot, all 4 could get 25 minutes

• ludagrizz

@Pierce85 said...

100% Porter Jr

110%

• BiGtIGeRs

Don’t be stupid talking about bucks and heat plays load up on the late night game and fill in the rest with heat/bucks scrubs

• zeeshan2

@Brendan239 said...

Can you go Markus Thomas over Simons and Morris or is it getting too cute? I have Simons now to pivot off Morris and am hoping for 25 minutes from him. Denver guards a crapshoot, all 4 could get 25 minutes

I really like Morris from a FPPM status; he and Rivers had the same amount of points despite Rivers playing way more minutes. If you have to punt, I would use Iggy but I don’t mind Thomas

• monarch

Who is this Markus Thomas?

• Brendan239

@zeeshan2 said...

I really like Morris from a FPPM status; he and Rivers had the same amount of points despite Rivers playing way more minutes. If you have to punt, I would use Iggy but I don’t mind Thomas

Morris leaves me $0 left over and on a 2 game slate I feel dirtier than my wife doing that. I’d rather leave $200 and use Simons or $600 and use Thomas and hope he luckboxes a few more points than Morris and Simons

• kdsdawg

@BiGtIGeRs said...

Don’t be stupid talking about bucks and heat plays load up on the late night game and fill in the rest with heat/bucks scrubs

well this is horrible advice

• zeeshan2

@Brendan239 said...

Morris leaves me $0 left over and on a 2 game slate I feel dirtier than my wife doing that. I’d rather leave $200 and use Simons or $600 and use Thomas and hope he luckboxes a few more points than Morris and Simons

So I do like Simons as well; both he and Melo finished with the starting lineup at the end of the game in Game 1; value plays are absolute garabge today and yea, I can’t do Thomas

• Brendan239

@zeeshan2 said...

So I do like Simons as well; both he and Melo finished with the starting lineup at the end of the game in Game 1; value plays are absolute garabge today and yea, I can’t do Thomas

I see that even the water boy got minutes on Denver last game. Heard that Harrison might get less minutes too. I’ll stick w Simons and hope Dame is off or gets into foul trouble and Simons has one of those outlier 30 burgers

• tmarohl

@Brendan239 said...

Who is Thomas?

• tmarohl

@kdsdawg said...

well this is horrible advice

is it?

• Brendan239

*Markus Howard. I knew it was two last names.

• tmarohl

@Brendan239 said...

*Markus Howard. I knew it was two last names.

Looks more like two first names.

• ifthethunder

@tmarohl said...

is it?

These are the questions and advice I come here for.

So: Looking at the Heat, last game Goran Dragic played 31.5 minutes. Tyler Herro got 19.5 and Kendrick Nunn had 22.4. Is this something we can expect again, or is it totally random and based on whomever’s shot is falling?
    ~

• Brendan239

@tmarohl said...

Looks more like two first names.

I’m driving and texting. You know what I mean

• Brendan239

I’m not playing Howard Thomas anyways

• monarch

@ifthethunder said...

So: Looking at the Heat, last game Goran Dragic played 31.5 minutes. Tyler Herro got 19.5 and Kendrick Nunn had 22.4. Is this something we can expect again, or is it totally random and based on whomever’s shot is falling?
    ~

Dragic has generally been the better performer of three when it mattered.

I know you like statmuse. Take a gander at Goran Dragic DK game log in the playoffs and look at his games vs the Bucks…maybe compare those with Kendrick Nunn and Tyler Herro.

• ifthethunder

@monarch said...

I know you like statmuse.

We’re just friends, o.k.? She has a steady.

But on a slightly more serious note, I’m not doing MME or such as, so I don’t need to try anything fancy. Dragic is the first player I picked.
    ~

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Brendan239 said...

I’m driving and texting. You know what I mean

Seriously? It means you are stupid and don’t care about other people lives

Not that you showed yourself as a responsible adult before… so I can’t say I am surprised

• tmarohl

@ifthethunder said...

~

I just asked is it? Because I actually don’t think what the original poster said was a bad strategy. There most likely will be a game where some Bucks bench piece goes off for 8-10 times. Forbes or Portis come to mind.

I think the above numbers are what you will see at least early in this series. Dragic is a Bucks killer. Herro only gets big minutes when Butler is out. Heat don’t seem to play Dragic and Nunn together much although they did share the court some in game 1.

My absolute favorite play tonight on both DK and FD is probably Jimmy Butler. Dude shot 4/22 and still nearly put up a triple double.

I’ll probably be wrong, but for some reason I just see the Bucks blowing out the Heat tonight. Figure Bucks will shoot better than 16% from 3 and Heat’s efficiency from three will be lower than the 40% it was in game 1. Having won game one makes me think the Bucks will play a little looser and faster tonight.

• zeeshan2

value plays are absolute garbage today and it’s impossible to fit everyone on DK

I like Jokic although he’s very expensive(almost 11k; got 58 DK points even with 1 assist), Jimmy went 4/22 and still scored 47 DK points, Jrue, Porter, and Jimmy are super underpriced for their ceilings. Not a fan of Giannis or Middleton today.

• tmarohl

@zeeshan2 said...

value plays are absolute garbage today and it’s impossible to fit everyone on DK

I like Jokic although he’s very expensive(almost 11k; got 58 DK points even with 1 assist), Jimmy went 4/22 and still scored 47 DK points, Jrue, Porter, and Jimmy are super underpriced for their ceilings. Not a fan of Giannis or Middleton today.

DK is soft as shit today. Value plays are great.

• zeeshan2

@tmarohl said...

DK is soft as shit today. Value plays are great.

I guess what your definition of value is. 5K and or below? 3K?

• tmarohl

5K or below
    Dragic
    Divencenzo
    Ariza
    Robinson
    Lopez
    Nunn
    Covington
    Carmelo
    Portis

4K or Below
    Kanter
    Morris
    Rivers
    Simons
    Pat C
    Howard
    Iggy
    Forbes
    Teague
    and More.

I could make a case that each of the above guys is priced too low depending on game flow.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).