NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Miami ( 4.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -4.5 ) —- T: 222.5
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( 1.5 ) at Denver ( -1.5 ) —- T: 227

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• tmarohl

@damionismyname said...

most ppl who rosters Forbes did it with Miami busts. doubt many ppl have him without other busts.

I have him in about half my DK lineups.

• Brendan239

Damn, my Dedmon LU has Butler

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@damionismyname said...

most ppl who rosters Forbes did it with Miami busts. doubt many ppl have him without other busts.

Not sure about that. He’s a good “blowout” build piece, but also definitely a game stack piece, and game stacks may not make it with the way the game is going.

Either way, you can only play so many “scrubs,” and no guarantee he stays hot and keeps pouring on points. He’s low enough owned, that he may not be necessary, especially if other low priced guys pop.

Forbes-FEVER!

• RipCityRings

Somehow I’m cashing in the showdown Sharpshooter with Bam at captain and no Giannis. No way that holds.

• rocketman828

The funny thing about the NBA this year so far the playoffs are not any better than the regular season. Still random scrubs going off and the starters are not playing any more minutes than they do during the regular season. This year for myself and NBA dfs has been the worst as far as cashing goes.

• tmarohl

@RipCityRings said...

Somehow I’m cashing in the showdown Sharpshooter with Bam at captain and no Giannis. No way that holds.

I’m cashing in that with Ariza and Butler in my lineup.

• tmarohl

Forbes wasn’t that much of some random dude going off. If you watched the Bucks, you would have seen that he had 6 three pointers the second last game of the season against the Heat, and this past Saturday, he just was missing.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@tmarohl said...

Forbes wasn’t that much of some random dude going off. If you watched the Bucks, you would have seen that he had 6 three pointers the second last game of the season against the Heat, and this past Saturday, he just was missing.

Well this past Saturday I had him in my SD lineup… lol

Good calls on this game. You should be able winning all the πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°

• RipCityRings

@tmarohl said...

I’m cashing in that with Ariza and Butler in my lineup.

Strangely I’ve been bailed out by showdowns in the playoffs so far. For whatever reason it seems a lot easier to isolate value and creatively structure lineups than in classic. If only FD wasn’t completely incompetent they would just copy DK’s captain pricing and have a playable showdown product.

• rocketman828

So your saying Forbes with a little over 25 fantasy points in the 1st half is not a random dude going off? Because he made 6 3’s in the 2nd to last regular season game lol. No body is playing Forbes unless your running multiple lineups.

• monarch

I played one lineup. Only have Forbes from the Bucks and six players from the hammer

• billythekidcowboysheat

Should have listened to t good lord.

Highly unlikely i would played forbes by himself let alone with dedmon

• RipCityRings

In addition to shooting 30% from deep and 75% from the line, Miami managed to get out-rebounded 14-31, have 11 assists to the Bucks’ 22, and give up 18 fast-break points to their own 4 in the first half. Literally putting on a clinic of failure out there.

• dominicanpapi

Heat not trading Herro for Harden was a choice let me tell ya…

• tmarohl

@rocketman828 said...

So your saying Forbes with a little over 25 fantasy points in the 1st half is not a random dude going off? Because he made 6 3’s in the 2nd to last regular season game lol. No body is playing Forbes unless your running multiple lineups.

I just thought he was a better option than Simons, Howard and Rivers. He’s the fricking 4th best three point shooter in the league this year. Priced at 3.1K on DK. Just thought he was a good play in a game I knew the Bucks would emphasize trying to make threes after only hitting five on Saturday.

• RipCityRings

@rocketman828 said...

The forum has literally been talking about Miami getting torched by random shooters all season long. Everyone paying attention is playing Forbes, though I will say he was much more attractive on DK at 3.1K with the .5 3-point bonus than at 3.6K on FD where you typically don’t want to sacrifice a PG slot to a pure scorer.

• monarch

Agree.

I think I have said by design the Heat yield wing threes at least 100 times this season. They sag into basically a zone to protect Bam and the wing three is what they allow. I have been targeting off guards against them aggressively.

• tmarohl

I said this a few weeks ago, but BillytheKid didn’t believe me. I said that Miami misses Kelly O in this series because he would pull Lopez or Giannis away from the basket. Miami’s only floor stretchers now are guards.

• monarch

Bucks were always going to kill them. Bucks were distracted in the bubble, they are focused now and a particularly bad matchup for the Heat. Go ahead, build the wall and watch the Bucks rain threes.

Also DK offering free five dollar bets on 25 dollar wagers in the playoffs. I bet on the Bucks

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

Bucks were always going to kill them. Bucks were distracted in the bubble, they are focused now and a particularly bad matchup for the Heat. Go ahead, build the wall and watch the Bucks rain threes.

Also DK offering free five dollar bets on 25 dollar wagers in the playoffs. I bet on the Bucks

I’m not going to say that, but I am shocked at Miami’s lack of rebounding.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

I only have Forbes in SD. I even have a captain Forbes. It would be doing good if Jimmy and Bam didn’t suck. No Forbes on main slate.

• Brendan239

It’s funny that a Bucks blowout was talked about on here and now we get to see it unfold.

• tmarohl

@Brendan239 said...

It’s funny that a Bucks blowout was talked about on here and now we get to see it unfold.

Just an fyi, Heat will win the first game back in Miami by about 8-10, before the Gentleman’s sweep occurs.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).