NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 7.5 ) at Cleveland ( -7.5 ) —- T: 214
    9:30 PM EST : Houston ( 5.5 ) at San Antonio ( -5.5 ) —- T: 215

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• tmarohl

@hithisisnom said...

Often when I think a punt will be incredibly chalky, it winds up being like 2.8% or something. With that in mind, Poetl could wind up being chalkier than expected if there’s anything to this:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/potential-raptors-lineup-changes-ujiri-finally-facing-scrutiny/

Wouldn’t need much more than 10-12 minutes to reach value, and opens up a lot of other interesting plays.

Now that is some good intel. Thanks for sharing.

• not4you25

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

Give me the winner of this years Kentucky Derby THEN you deserve GOAT status

McCraken

• RobertoTomba

@FDDough said...

Yep, I have Parker and Williams as my PGs for 3 lineups just to fit in some studs at all the other positions

And, I’m also throwing Ginobli into a lineup or two. He scored 8 points in 12 minutes in Game 1. Those are Boban-like numbers!!

• tmarohl

@cakesgood said...

It’s not necessarily a pattern I’m looking for, just curious which players frequent the top lineups. I.e. Lebron has been in 4 of the 5 lineups he was available for, Lowry has been in 1 of the 6 he was available for. Probability suggests that Lebron will be in the winning lineup opposed to Lowry. If I can’t find a website that already provides this information I will do the dd myself.

This site will show you the perfect lineups for Draftkings. https://www.fantasysportsco.com/Perfect/Sport/NBA/Site/DraftKings/PID/490

Here was yesterdays. https://www.fantasysportsco.com/Perfect/Sport/NBA/Site/DraftKings/PID/587

Here was FD’s https://www.fantasysportsco.com/Perfect/Sport/NBA/Site/FanDuel/PID/587

• FDDough

@RobertoTomba said...

And, I’m also throwing Ginobli into a lineup or two. He scored 8 points in 12 minutes in Game 1. Those are Boban-like numbers!!

IM NOT ALONE! SEE YOU AT THE TOP BUDDY lolol

• P0key

now its time I close thread lol…im starting to see names like Poetl and Shumpert pop up..but I guess that what’s life is like on DK…

• bigkino217

give me all the patpat

• RobertoTomba

@FDDough said...

IM NOT ALONE! SEE YOU AT THE TOP BUDDY lolol

Come to think of it, San Antonio could use Boban in this series. I think the Spurs let him go because he’s not old enough.

• tmarohl

@RobertoTomba said...

Come to think of it, San Antonio could use Boban in this series. I think the Spurs let him go because he’s not old enough.

They let him go because they couldn’t pay him. He wouldn’t be on the floor in this series though. Too fast for him.

• jtkucheck

Why does everyone like Shumpert? He didn’t do a damn thing in the Indy series and did only slightly more than that in Game 1. His ceiling is like 18-20 pts and that’s in an outlier game.

Don’t understand it.

• mr_papageorgio

I started building my 1 LU for the crazy 8’s with Harden/Leonard. After tinkering I now have Harden in my utility spot and can also afford Lebron (obviously with $0 salary left if I do making it even more tempting lol). Do I:

A. “Upgrade” to Lebron
    B. Stick with Harden
    C. Play a second lineup and keep both the same except for Bron/Harden. This would not require depositing.
    D. Unreg my 1 LU and quit DFS forever because this is too hard and if I make 2 I’ll just end up losing $16 instead of $8

• IronMonkey415

It was only me that mention playing Shumpert tonight…haha

I’m only playing him because I am playing a lineup on FD with Harden, Lebron and Kawhi.

• RobertoTomba

@jtkucheck said...

Why does everyone like Shumpert? He didn’t do a damn thing in the Indy series and did only slightly more than that in Game 1. His ceiling is like 18-20 pts and that’s in an outlier game.

Don’t understand it.

As much as his hair is undeniable, the rest of him isn’t such a Thing. Shump was only even remotely in the conversation if Smith was out. From the sound of this report, it’s thumbs up for Smith today, which means Shumpert and Korver are really not worth the bother:

J.R. Smith (thumb) was a full participant during Wednesday morning’s shootaround.
    Smith tweaked his surgically repaired right thumb in Monday’s Game 1 win over the Raptors, but he’s not even being listed on the injury report for Game 2, so he should be just fine for tonight’s game. We’ll have official confirmation on his status closer to tip-off. May 3 – 11:15 AM
    Source: Chris Fedor on Twitter

• P0key

@IronMonkey415 said...

It was only me that mention playing Shumpert tonight…haha

I’m only playing him because I am playing a lineup on FD with Harden, Lebron and Kawhi.

i haven’t tried building yet to see if salaries are the same for the studs but…is Danny Green affordable over Shump or Norman Powell?
    I need to look myself before commenting..I’m guessing Shump is under 3.5k?

• cliang00

tucker will be chalk tonight lol

• RobertoTomba

Okay. I’m going to do it…I’m making some lineups without LBJ in it. On purpose. I’m really looking forward to the next round, when he should have to take over the game more. I’m thinking the projections for him to reach 4.2x value or so (FD) are about right. Last round’s battles with PG13 (Paul George saving the questions) were awesome, but I don’t think he’s going to need to put up a monster King James game for them to win this series. Yeah, I know: total points are what you look for and all that, and he’s guaranteed production. But, for the money, it’s not an all-in situation on FD.

• tmarohl

@RobertoTomba said...

Okay. I’m going to do it…I’m making some lineups without LBJ in it. On purpose. I’m really looking forward to the next round, when he should have to take over the game more. I’m thinking the projections for him to reach 4.2x value or so (FD) are about right. Last round’s battles with PG13 (Paul George saving the questions) were awesome, but I don’t think he’s going to need to put up a monster King James game for them to win this series. Yeah, I know: total points are what you look for and all that, and he’s guaranteed production. But, for the money, it’s not an all-in situation on FD.

I think LBJ is just a plain out bad play on FD from a value standpoint, unless a ton of value chalk goes off. With that said, it is a two game slate and he will be the number one or number two raw point producers. I think I have him in about 35% of my 20 lineups.

• cakesgood

@tmarohl said...

This site will show you the perfect lineups for Draftkings. https://www.fantasysportsco.com/Perfect/Sport/NBA/Site/DraftKings/PID/490

Here was yesterdays. https://www.fantasysportsco.com/Perfect/Sport/NBA/Site/DraftKings/PID/587

Here was FD’s https://www.fantasysportsco.com/Perfect/Sport/NBA/Site/FanDuel/PID/587

Thanks man! I actually just went back and looked at the daily tournaments list from when the playoffs started. Got the lineups and totals. Now just to do some consolidating.

• IronMonkey415

@P0key said...

i haven’t tried building yet to see if salaries are the same for the studs but…is Danny Green affordable over Shump or Norman Powell?
    I need to look myself before commenting..I’m guessing Shump is under 3.5k?

Danny Green and Powell would be the safer and smarter play.

I just wanted be a little different. I figured Green and Powell is what people have if they played Harden, Lebron and Kawhi.

• bazerko

Last year when the Raps/Cavs played in the playoffs, they couldn’t stop LBJ, Love or TT and tonight will be no different.

• KindGuy

@bazerko said...

Last year when the Raps/Cavs played in the playoffs, they couldn’t stop LBJ, Love or TT and tonight will be no different.

The only two players I’ve seen this season be able to effectively slow down Lebron in any capacity are Kawhi and Jaylen.

• RobertoTomba

@elementasrat said...

The only two players I’ve seen this season be able to effectively slow down Lebron in any capacity are Kawhi and Jaylen.

Before Game 1, I was thinking it could be a Spurs-Cavs final, but I can’t see San Antonio getting past Houston, much less beating Golden State. Seeing LBJ and Kawhi in the finals would have been epic.

• FDDough

Read the article, now i gotta make a lineup with Poelti! I know, its suicide. But, im crazy, so it all works out

• FDDough

Harden, Leonard, Lebron and Derozan all in one lineup? Sounds like a trap but out of all these lineups we make throughout the week, why not

• Benf15harp

Harden is a must on dk. Last game the whole team played well. Tonight will go back to harden being relied upon for everything.
    Leonard is a fade for me. Last game the whole team sucked except Leonard. Should have a more balanced attack.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).