NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 7.5 ) at Cleveland ( -7.5 ) —- T: 214
    9:30 PM EST : Houston ( 5.5 ) at San Antonio ( -5.5 ) —- T: 215

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• DC2380

would norman powell be a good play if he starts? DK

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@DonkeyDFS said...

Good luck taking down a GPP on DK getting 30FP for $6700. Why not just step down to Ibaka for $6500, who’s scored 30FP+ 4 times this post season, compared to 3 times for LMA. Or step down to Ariza for only $5100, who’s hit 30FP+ twice this post season.

For $6700 on DK GPPs, he better hit for 40FP+ to have a chance to take down a GPP, even on a 2 game slate.

It’s not exactly the same, but there was a game in the 1st round when Aldridge was 6.4k and put up 33 FP’s and was in the winning line up in the Crazy 8’s. It just depends on what else happens at that position. The idea that if he only puts up 30 that he can’t be in the winning line up isn’t true.

In a scenario where Aldridge puts up 30 Ibaka puts up 25, Love puts up, say 33, and Ariza puts up something like 20, Anderson puts up 20, which is all very, very reasonable and none the punts like Patterson do much of anything Aldridge will probably end up in the winning line up. With it being a 2 game slate it’s not so much a guys multiplier as what the other guys do at that position, as there’s only a handful of options if that at each.

With that said, I’m not saying Aldridge is a must, but I will have exposure to him.

• DC2380

@billholler said...

Is it his birthday? Bobblehead night?

Also, I am thinking love might go off because JV and carrol may not start which would put a bench player on him

• hangtime28

Just Googled myself into a Reddit page on the Raptors that is saying Norman Powell will be back in the starting lineup. Idk if this is a legit source or not.

• DC2380

Man I know i’ll be donating tonight, but i think i am going to do a lineup with derozan

• hangtime28

@hangtime28 said...

Just Googled myself into a Reddit page on the Raptors that is saying Norman Powell will be back in the starting lineup. Idk if this is a legit source or not.

And yeah nevermind this is just a blog of fans suggesting who should start…

• DC2380

@hangtime28 said...

yeah i think he is starting. coach said they need to score. will probably send carroll and JV back to the bench.
    I think i am going to go powell in DK if he starts

• goblue84

@DC2380 said...

Also, I am thinking love might go off because JV and carrol may not start which would put a bench player on him

Certainly helps his rebounding rate; Ibaka’s too.

• hangtime28

@DC2380 said...

yeah i think he is starting. coach said they need to score. will probably send carroll and JV back to the bench.
    I think i am going to go powell in DK if he starts

You think Toronto keeps it close tonight?? I want to play Powell and maybe some Lowry.

Would Tucker also move in the starting lineup?

• vikingchay

Stacking Cle/Tor game tonight.

• DC2380

@hangtime28 said...

You think Toronto keeps it close tonight?? I want to play Powell and maybe some Lowry.

yup i think so

• Ryan61290

I am plugging in Harden, Irving, and Capela and going from there. I can’t ignore the price differential on DK compared to FD.
    Harden – $1800 cheaper
    Irving – $1200 cheaper
    Capela – $1600 cheaper

• Ryan61290

Also throwing in Tucker again at a $1000 discount on DK, hoping for 15-20

• frugal

@DonkeyDFS said...

Good luck taking down a GPP on DK getting 30FP for $6700. Why not just step down to Ibaka for $6500, who’s scored 30FP+ 4 times this post season, compared to 3 times for LMA. Or step down to Ariza for only $5100, who’s hit 30FP+ twice this post season.

For $6700 on DK GPPs, he better hit for 40FP+ to have a chance to take down a GPP, even on a 2 game slate.

I’ve pretty much given up on the idea of winning a GPP on DK as my return there has not been significant enough to warrant max entering. I’m more concerned with simply cashing but play GPPs rather than 50/50s as the payout is higher. The reason I like LMA is specifically the reason you do not like him, I feel he will be lower owned and in a solid bounce back position. Folks are looking to his most recent dud and poor performance against Memphis, but Houston is not the slow paced defensive team that Memphis is. I previously stated Yahoo numbers, his DK numbers are 27.5, 40.5, 37, and 27.75 so 40FP is not out of the realm of possibilities. Like I said, I feel his range tonight will be more inline with his season averages which for DK would be 27.5 to 40.5 and I’ll be happy if he exceeds 30. Just can’t see SAS getting punked again.

• DonkeyDFS

@frugal said...

I’ve pretty much given up on the idea of winning a GPP on DK as my return there has not been significant enough to warrant max entering. I’m more concerned with simply cashing but play GPPs rather than 50/50s as the payout is higher. The reason I like LMA is specifically the reason you do not like him, I feel he will be lower owned and in a solid bounce back position. Folks are looking to his most recent dud and poor performance against Memphis, but Houston is not the slow paced defensive team that Memphis is. I previously stated Yahoo numbers, his DK numbers are 27.5, 40.5, 37, and 27.75 so 40FP is not out of the realm of possibilities. Like I said, I feel his range tonight will be more inline with his season averages which for DK would be 27.5 to 40.5 and I’ll be happy if he exceeds 30. Just can’t see SAS getting punked again.

He definitely could have a bounce back game. And I feel somebody besides Kawhi is going to have to step up, if they plan to keep pace with the Rockets. Good points made for your reason, might toss him in a lineup just in case.

• deerosa

@goblue84 said...

My low to mid-tier plays: PJ Tucker, Lou, Gordon, TT,. All should see 30 minutes. I think Simmons will get more run if you’re looking for super cheap.

Simmons and Edmond…..someone has to cover the 3 point line off the switch. Gasol and David Lee are not cutting it!

• winnerchickendinner

@DC2380 said...

would norman powell be a good play if he starts? DK

• jessedio

“If Kawhi wants to guard me the whole game, I’ll be standing almost out of bounds to give James that extra space.” – Ryan Anderson

• cfitz19

Anderson/Leonard or Love/Aldridge?

• bigkino217

@jessedio said...

“If Kawhi wants to guard me the whole game, I’ll be standing almost out of bounds to give James that extra space.” – Ryan Anderson

eventually kawhi is going to have to guard harden or the spurs aren’t going to get any value out of his defense.

• seangeezy

What are we predicting for starting lineup changes?

Valanciunas out, Powell in?
    Lee out, Dedmon in?

• frugal

SAS should just start Gasol at this point.

• hangtime28

@seangeezy said...

What are we predicting for starting lineup changes?

Valanciunas out, Powell in?
    Lee out, Dedmon in?

Jakob Poeltl might start for Toronto also. I hope Patrick Patterson does instead though.

• DonkeyDFS

For DK GPP core I’m rolling with Harden, Green, James, Powell and building from there.

Harden put up 50FP in only 31 minutes. Green should see up tick in minutes to guard Harden, his shot was off last game, feeling some positive regression for him. And someone is going to have to score more to keep up with Houston. Hard to fade James the way he is playing this post season, going to need him and Harden’s 60FP+ games tonight, even at their price tags. Powell will get the start and should pop off 30FP+ in this game. Coach has said they need more quickness and scoring to keep up with the Cavs, JV is to slow and is a liability.

• seangeezy

What time do lineups typically come out for 7pm start?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).