NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 6.5 ) at Toronto ( -6.5 ) —- T: 212.5
    8:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -4 ) at Boston ( 4 ) —- T: 206

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• sox9

@BerkeleyBoss said...

Yeah, I think so. Their production is so concentrated if he doesn’t play. You can almost consider it a 7 man rotation since Ojeleye gets pretty much no usage (7.6% in the playoffs). If he sits, I’m stacking Celtics. If he plays, I’ll have to go more balanced.

Lineups lock at 6:00 on FD, probably won’t know Jaylen status until just before game time and it’s the late game. Gonna have to have some LUS assuming he plays, and some assuming he doesn’t. Suspect that is what the big bankrolls and sharps will do, unless they actually has someone at shootaround to talk to Jaylen about how he felt.

• sox9

@sox9 said...

Lineups lock at 6:00 on FD, probably won’t know Jaylen status until just before game time and it’s the late game. Gonna have to have some LUS assuming he plays, and some assuming he doesn’t. Suspect that is what the big bankrolls and sharps will do, unless they actually has someone at shootaround to talk to Jaylen about how he felt.

I realize that is a bit cynical

• BerkeleyBoss

@sox9 said...

You have a good point, since it looks like he’ll be a legit game time decision. Gonna have to turn some of my DK stacks into more balanced lineups.

• sox9

Jaylen could come off the bench depending, but is that 18- 20 minutes off the bench or 35 minutes off the bench? Moreover, we he be hot or cold?

• sox9

@BerkeleyBoss said...

You have a good point, since it looks like he’ll be a legit game time decision. Gonna have to turn some of my DK stacks into more balanced lineups.

not sure about lineup locks on DK since I don’t play there, I know most on FD lock at 6:00

• BerkeleyBoss

@sox9 said...

not sure about lineup locks on DK since I don’t play there, I know most on FD lock at 6:00

It’s the same

• gaelicgirl

@ASitar said...

I had TT in a LU, but I think that he busts a lot of LUs tonight because everyone’s on his jock due to his recent production and then tonight he’ll come back to Earth and put up a 14 spot which is a whopping 3x. I think he’s riskier than Ibaka.

Center is a tough call today, glad CLE/TOR is the first game (assuming we get starting LUs before lock). CLE might go with Love at C again, because they need his shooting threat to spread the floor, but JVal killed him on the glass last game. It’s tempting to roll with JVal again, but it’s also hard to pass on Embiid. Cheaper than Simmons and more likely to hit value, IMO.

• jjpk

@gaelicgirl said...

Center is a tough call today, glad CLE/TOR is the first game (assuming we get starting LUs before lock). CLE might go with Love at C again, because they need his shooting threat to spread the floor, but JVal killed him on the glass last game. It’s tempting to roll with JVal again, but it’s also hard to pass on Embiid. Cheaper than Simmons and more likely to hit value, IMO.

On FD, you only get one C, right? If so, I would play Embiid. On DK I will have a LU with Embiid and JVal since I think both teams go back to the well and pound it inside against exploitable interior defenses.

• jjpk

TOR is going to run pick and roll with JVal and the Lowry-DDR tandem all night. I might stack those 3 in one LU, then go Korver/JR on the other side in the hopes they have to bomb away from 3 to stay in/get back into the game.

• thebimonster

@jjpk said...

TOR is going to run pick and roll with JVal and the Lowry-DDR tandem all night. I might stack those 3 in one LU, then go Korver/JR on the other side in the hopes they have to bomb away from 3 to stay in/get back into the game.

Or go those 3 and then scrubs from CLE/TOR if CLE can’t keep up. And fade LBJ. That is another route. I think CLE is happy with taking 1 in TOR, and I don’t think it will be that competitive. But I could be horribly wrong as well…in fact, I most likely will be horribly wrong. Stack starters from both sides.

• JayB82

I can see a close BOS/PHI game and Toronto blowing out Cleveland.

• gaelicgirl

@jjpk said...

On FD, you only get one C, right? If so, I would play Embiid. On DK I will have a LU with Embiid and JVal since I think both teams go back to the well and pound it inside against exploitable interior defenses.

Yep, one C per customer. I’ve got Embiid in my dummy LU…this is one of those extremely rare occasions where I wish I played on DK, too. I think playing both is a great play, good luck!

• nomjlikeme

Is rozier gonna stay hot is my burning question?

• NDNole

@nomjlikeme said...

• jjpk

@nomjlikeme said...

He won’t hit 7 threes again, but they do need him to score to win/stay competitive, so he’ll have the green light. He, Tatum, Horford and Smart are going to combine to take 90% of the shots as long as Brown is sidelined.

• gaelicgirl

@nomjlikeme said...

PG is a similar situation to SF on FD, with two good options in Rozier and Lowry then a huge drop-off to Wright and VanVleet. Going to take a chance on Rozier staying hot (or at least good), as I really regretted taking Wright over him last game.

• BerkeleyBoss

@jjpk said...

He won’t hit 7 threes again, but they do need him to score to win/stay competitive, so he’ll have the green light. He, Tatum, Horford and Smart are going to combine to take 90% of the shots as long as Brown is sidelined.

Don’t forget about Marcus Morris

• sox9

The pros will have a few LUs w/Jaylen w/everyone else figuring: A. He may not play and we likely won’t know before lockup. B. Even if he plays he has not looked good recently. C. For the same price I can have either Smart or Tatum or Morris cheaper still. D. I can rebalance a some of my LUs to de-emphasize the Celts in case Jaylen does play and siphons from some other BOS players and re-emphasize players from other teams w/o having to take the chance of actually rostering Jaylen—who may not play. Some sharps playing tons of LUs will throw in a few or more w/Jaylen just in case he plays and goes off for 30-35 pts. 7 DImes and 8 REBs. as a surprise variance play that might win a GPP. I might have to play 1 small LU like that.

• nomjlikeme

Thinking about locking in green. Looks like Tylue is going with him over nance so far.

• tonytone1908

People really considering fading Lebron? On FD he’s basically a lock for 5x. You gonna spend up on Simmons? No way. Embiid? Maybe. Literally no one else above 6k am I 100% sure they will break 5x. So where else do you spend the money? I freaking hate Lebron but there’s no way I can fade that dude playing all but like 2 minutes of a playoff game.

DK is a different story with all the options I’m sure it’s feasible. FD, no way can you fade him tonight. See me later tonight when I go 100% Bron and he pulls a Gordon Hayward. Ah well, just the quarter games tonight anyway.

• jjpk

@tonytone1908 said...

People really considering fading Lebron? On FD he’s basically a lock for 5x. You gonna spend up on Simmons? No way. Embiid? Maybe. Literally no one else above 6k am I 100% sure they will break 5x. So where else do you spend the money? I freaking hate Lebron but there’s no way I can fade that dude playing all but like 2 minutes of a playoff game.

DK is a different story with all the options I’m sure it’s feasible. FD, no way can you fade him tonight. See me later tonight when I go 100% Bron and he pulls a Gordon Hayward. Ah well, just the quarter games tonight anyway.

I can see fading him if you’re a SE player. But if you’re playing multiple LUS, you have to have him in some. I have 4 LUs tonight and am at 50% exposure (GPP).

• walkoff9

@tonytone1908 said...

Last game went to OT so he sat for more than 2 minutes.

Still dont know how you fade a pretty much lock for 50 points though.

• tonytone1908

@walkoff9 said...

Last game went to OT so he sat for more than 2 minutes.

Still dont know how you fade a pretty much lock for 50 points though.

If he’s gonna play the entire first half, he’s a lock for me! lol

• Benf15harp

@jglumsic said...

One of these days Love has to catch fire right? His price just continues to drop

The left thumb injury seems to be a factor

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

Jaylen ain’t playing and if he does he won’t be worth playing.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.