NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 5.5 ) at Washington ( -5.5 ) —- T: 218.5
    10:30 PM EST : Utah ( 12.5 ) at Golden State ( -12.5 ) —- T: 204.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• RobertoTomba

@franckyfranck said...

John Wall did not participate in Thursday’s shootaround due to a right ankle sprain but he will play without any limitations in Game 3 against the Celtics .

He also has some wrist issue .

John Wall (ankle, wrist) is good to go for Game 3 vs. the Celtics on Thursday.
    Wall sat out of the morning shootaround with a sore right ankle and sore left wrist, but the Wizards were just being cautious and managing his reps. Wall tweaked his ankle in Game 1, but it wasn’t an issue in Game 2 as he racked up 40 points with 13 assists, three rebounds, three steals, three blocks and three 3-pointers in 47 minutes. As for his wrist, he tweaked it after a hard fall in Game 2 but was able to carry on. His fantasy owners can still deploy him with confidence. In Wall’s own words, he said he’s “perfectly fine” and that he won’t be limited. May 4 – 12:11 PM

Source: J. Michael on Twitter

• bigkino217

@BerkeleyBoss said...

Now who starts for Boston? Will Amir Johnson even see the floor?

not a damn clue. they tried the starting lineup with smart again in the 2nd half last game and got destroyed too

• frugal

@mr_papageorgio said...

Not that he can’t do it again but last game would have been his sister’s birthday so there was definitely some extra motivation there. My guess without having started building yet is that there’s better value out there today and IT won’t be in the winning LU.

IT’s (and Wall’s) huge performances were due to OT. That said, from the Boston perspective if they win or this game is close with them scoring more than 100 points then there is a highly likely chance that IT and Horford were the ones putting up big numbers.

• bigkino217

man i know klay has a tough matchup and has been struggling, but sub 6k?

• RobertoTomba

Hmm…Kelly Oubre was moved from PF to SF on FD.

• franckyfranck

I expect Jae Crowder and/or Hordord to be on the receiving end of ‘easy foul calls’ ( ref and home advantage ) meaning minutes for Jaylen Brown , Jerebko , Olynyk and maybe Amir .

• billholler

@frugal said...

IT’s (and Wall’s) huge performances were due to OT.

Wall had ZERO points in OT and IT only had 7. They had monster games without OT.

• GGee87

@antzilla810 said...

Smart, porter, morris, horford or Beal, Oubre, Green, Gortat? FD Gpp

1st 1

• RobertoTomba

I’m on the fence about Marcus Smart. He’s been consistent, so I suppose that makes for a high floor. But, his usage rate is only 14.2% in the playoffs. Yeah…throw him into a cash game lineup.

• TheRyanFlaherty

If I’m smart I should just roll out my main lineup from Tuesday…I swear, the past week my logic has been a game ahead. Everything I had expected to happen and accounted for winds up happening the next game and meanwhile I’ve adjusted and wind up with a crap lineup….

• bjacksonibew

@billholler said...

Wall had ZERO points in OT and IT only had 7. They had monster games without OT.

Also the added factor that it was IT’s deceased sisters birthday that day and he said“I played for her thats the least I could do”

As part of Thomas’ eulogy that day, he noted how he “wanted to give up and quit” after learning of his sister’s death. He said he realized that “quitting isn’t an option. That’s the easy way out. I will keep going for my sister.”

• wad11

@frugal said...

IT’s (and Wall’s) huge performances were due to OT. That said, from the Boston perspective if they win or this game is close with them scoring more than 100 points then there is a highly likely chance that IT and Horford were the ones putting up big numbers.

OT wasn’t the case for Wall… I actually think he lost a point in OT, but it helped IT for sure.

• RobertoTomba

@bjacksonibew said...

Also the added factor that it was IT’s deceased sisters birthday that day and he said“I played for her thats the least I could do”

I didn’t realize it, but I just found out that he also had dental work done on Monday after losing a tooth in Game 1. I’m just blown away by how tough he is. Best little man since:

• frugal

@wad11 said...

OT wasn’t the case for Wall… I actually think he lost a point in OT, but it helped IT for sure.

Whoops! My bad. I could’ve sworn Wall hit a 3 or 2.

• ohridah

@billholler said...

Thank you

• chronoxiong

FD, your naming of the Shot GPPs after the classic Star Wars trilogy is hilarious. I have to enter in one of them now. Good job. Anyways I am going to stack the first game mostly. Wizards dont want to fall behind 0-3 do they?

• bigkino217

@chronoxiong said...

FD, your naming of the Shot GPPs after the classic Star Wars trilogy is hilarious. I have to enter in one of them now. Good job. Anyways I am going to stack the first game mostly. Wizards dont want to fall behind 0-3 do they?

im thinking wizards win this one. they were a very good home team this year.

• DC2380

@bigkino217 said...

im thinking wizards win this one. they were a very good home team this year.

As a wizards fan YES!! Morris even called out his teamates for not playing tough

• TheGreek

Man, they really bumped up Gortat’s price on DK. I know he’s been beast AF, but i hate paying 6.5k for him. I think someone already mentioned, but getting center right will be key. Maybe punt it with Zaza? Yuck

• Theguy49503

Will Markeif Morris stay out of foul trouble at home tonight is the question

• tonytone1908

@frugal said...

Dude they were both killing before OT even started. IT got a little better boost but they were both doing well already.

That being said I think IT had a little extra motivation because of his sister’s birthday (still don’t know how none of us were on that one) and I don’t think he has anywhere near the game he had game 2. I honestly don’t see him in the winning LU tonight. I’d love to swap to Curry but if his ankle is still tweaked a bit he probably won’t outscore IT anyways. I’m feeling Rozier although guys like him only have bust out games at home usually.

• tonytone1908

@RobertoTomba said...

I didn’t realize it, but I just found out that he also had dental work done on Monday after losing a tooth in Game 1. I’m just blown away by how tough he is. Best little man since:

I’m sure the percocet and novocaine boost probably helped him as well. Sole reason I put him in last game.

• draft_cash

Tonight is too easy. Bold call if the day celtics get blown out finally and jazz keep it close?

• billholler

@RobertoTomba said...

His Dad back in the day with Detroit ;)

• sherm

Which celtics players get the most minutes in a blowout. Anyone know

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).