NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -4.5 ) at New Orleans ( 4.5 ) —- T: 232.5
    10:30 PM EST : Houston ( -4 ) at Utah ( 4 ) —- T: 209

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• ASitar

FINALLY doing a Jrue/Glass/Miro stack, running it back with Draymond.

Luc HAS to hit 8x eventually, right? $2,700 on DK.

Hoping Rubio is out, Burks has been playing well in his abscence and his price hasn’t spiked much.

Gotta put Curry in a couple, this is the game of the series in which the Pels keep it close, and Curry’s going to get full run.

GL tonight.

• superjon

FD Core

Curry – paired with Rondo or CP3
    Durant
    Gobert

• ScofieldReturns

Um…why did they move AD back to PF? Nothing changed since they moved him to C, his rightful position. Now, the only 2 C that are even guaranteed any playing time are capella and gobert. What do we do if we think both of them suck? Pay for the one we think sucks less? Punt it entirely and punt with, say mcgee and hope he gets some PT?

• superjon

@ScofieldReturns said...

Um…why did they move AD back to PF? Nothing changed since they moved him to C, his rightful position. Now, the only 2 C that are even guaranteed any playing time are capella and gobert. What do we do if we think both of them suck? Pay for the one we think sucks less? Punt it entirely and punt with, say mcgee and hope he gets some PT?

Just because he’s PF on FD doesn’t mean he won’t play C in the game.

It’s way too risky imo to punt at PG or C tonight on FD.

• ScofieldReturns

@superjon said...

Just because he’s PF on FD doesn’t mean he won’t play C in the game.

It’s way too risky imo to punt at PG or C tonight on FD.

That’s my point, he’s going to play C in the game…why not have him at C on FD…especially when they correctly moved him there for the first 2 games of this series.

• sox9

Can’t even begin to make a LU w/o knowing Rubio’s status. I’ll pass on the slate unless we hear something.

• sox9

@sox9 said...

Can’t even begin to make a LU w/o knowing Rubio’s status. I’ll pass on the slate unless we hear something.

If it’s like Jaylen last night it messes up almost every LU you can make. I realize everyone is at the same disadvantage but the pros w/big bankrolls will play multiple LUs to cover all contingencies.

• gaelicgirl

Ben Simmons is dead to me, Donovan Mitchell deserves ROY.

Had to pound down two beers at the end of that CLE/TOR game, what a horrible night.
    That being said, this looks like a better slate today…have to stack GS/NO, hopefully it’s a shootout.

• sox9

@ASitar said...

FINALLY doing a Jrue/Glass/Miro stack, running it back with Draymond.

Luc HAS to hit 8x eventually, right? $2,700 on DK.

Hoping Rubio is out, Burks has been playing well in his abscence and his price hasn’t spiked much.

Gotta put Curry in a couple, this is the game of the series in which the Pels keep it close, and Curry’s going to get full run.

GL tonight.

When Rubio has played, Burks has sometimes been a DNP coach’s decision and Exum has score 2 or 3 points. You probably won;t know Rubio status before LU lock at 8:00. Burks and Exum could be 0 fantasy points or they could be 25-30 fantasy points for Burks and 15-20 for Exum. Your guess.

• sox9

Rubio also impacts whether you play Paul, Ingles, O’Neale, maybe even Mitchell. Gobert should be ok either way. If Rubio plays do you play him or Rondo? Just can’t make a LU w/o making like 50 LUs to cover all bases and then dilute your results. Rubio if he plays, 5 minutes and 5 fantasy points or 30-35 minutes and 40-50 fantasy points? You can just avoid Rubio, but if he plays and you guess wrong he messes up your other options. Reluctant to give back my winings from last night unless I hear his status before game time—but even then most entries I would play would be filled anyway.

• sox9

@gaelicgirl said...

Had to pound down two beers at the end of that CLE/TOR game, what a horrible night.
    That being said, this looks like a better slate today…have to stack GS/NO, hopefully it’s a shootout.

I think most everyone will stack GS/NO w/the exception of Gobert. The sharps will take a chance and play Rubio or Burks in several LUs hoping for the variance win despite the slower game pace.

• sox9

@sox9 said...

I think most everyone will stack GS/NO w/the exception of Gobert. The sharps will take a chance and play Rubio or Burks in several LUs hoping for the variance win despite the slower game pace.

Celts have Simmons number. Only a true contrarian would play him, even in Philly. Embiid and Reddick remain the options along w/Bellinelli if he is cheap enough. Not buying Covington or Saric.

• aus1032

Happy Chef Curry chalk day

• aus1032

I have no idea why DK refuses to raise Rondo’s price. I’ll keep playing him until he gets above 8,000

• BUFUu2

@gaelicgirl said...

I learned my lesson with this on the mil game… I will onley take centers and pf against boston they seem to find a way to shut down the main guards on a team… I did this the last few games with boston playing and it has work really well

• sox9

@BUFUu2 said...

I learned my lesson with this on the mil game… I will onley take centers and pf against boston they seem to find a way to shut down the main guards on a team… I did this the last few games with boston playing and it has work really well

yep. BOS has no one to shut down Embiid, nada. Let him get his 30-4o points, shut down Simmons and make the rest of PHL beat them. They will take their chances w/Covington and Saric.

• ashaff716

My budget wants me to punt on Exum (FD) … thoughts?

• sox9

Kinda like CLEV v. TOR. Cleve can’t really stop JVAL-no matchup exists, just hope he only plays 25-30 minutes give him his 30 points and take out DDR and/or Lowry. What TOR forward is gonna beat them? Ibaka? OG/ Miles? Siakam?

• sox9

@ashaff716 said...

My budget wants me to punt on Exum (FD) … thoughts?

The punt that hurts you the least if Rubio happens to play is the best that can be said for that.

• ashaff716

@sox9 said...

Kinda like CLEV v. TOR. Cleve can’t really stop JVAL-no matchup exists, just hope he only plays 25-30 minutes give him his 30 points and take out DDR and/or Lowry. What TOR forward is gonna beat them? Ibaka? OG/ Miles? Siakam?

Im not sure if youre from the future or past…

• BUFUu2

@sox9 said...

yep. BOS has no one to shut down Embiid, nada. Let him get his 30-4o points, shut down Simmons and make the rest of PHL beat them. They will take their chances w/Covington and Saric.

exactly i could have won some damn good money last night with this loved my lineup should have took cov over val but went val cuz he was safer option and higher scoring game if i would have took cov i would have one a few grand but instead just a few hundered buckss but ill take it….

• BUFUu2

@sox9 said...

Rubio also impacts whether you play Paul, Ingles, O’Neale, maybe even Mitchell. Gobert should be ok either way. If Rubio plays do you play him or Rondo? Just can’t make a LU w/o making like 50 LUs to cover all bases and then dilute your results. Rubio if he plays, 5 minutes and 5 fantasy points or 30-35 minutes and 40-50 fantasy points? You can just avoid Rubio, but if he plays and you guess wrong he messes up your other options. Reluctant to give back my winings from last night unless I hear his status before game time—but even then most entries I would play would be filled anyway.

I am fading gobert tonight i think capela has his number in this series. Houston is the better team and they will win tonight i think i am also fading paul but can’t make up my mind i think this game is where you take the cheaper guys yea harden will give you 60 but take durant way cheaper and will get ya 50 with the discount… I think you have to try tucker,moute, and if news comes out on rubio i would def fade rubio and burks just to be on the safe side. Ingles will still hit mid 30’s which i will be playing him. so basically i am going to take the chalk tonight and hope i make the best pieces to make the winning lineup with this curry durant green capela gordon tucker moute crowder “very limited on him.” and some mitchell….

• superjon

Here’s the key

You want a mix of guys that

A. Are overpriced compared to their season averages but are hot. Think Lebron last night

B. Underpriced but in a slump. Think Love

Tonight’s A is KD and B is Gobert and CP3

• ASitar

Is Gordon almost a must play on DK? $4,400 and gets 30+ minutes. Yes, his shot may not be falling and he gets 18 DK points, but I think he is more likely to get 30 DK points with potentially reaching 9x. Also, I think Tucker is tonight’s TT. His price is too high for his ceiling. People chasing his last two games and he’ll get 16 DK points.

• superjon

@ASitar said...

Is Gordon almost a must play on DK? $4,400 and gets 30+ minutes. Yes, his shot may not be falling and he gets 18 DK points, but I think he is more likely to get 30 DK points with potentially reaching 9x. Also, I think Tucker is tonight’s TT. His price is too high for his ceiling. People chasing his last two games and he’ll get 16 DK points.

Agree on Tucker

I’m taking a shot on Ariza

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).