NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -4.5 ) at New Orleans ( 4.5 ) —- T: 232.5
    10:30 PM EST : Houston ( -4 ) at Utah ( 4 ) —- T: 209

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• nomjlikeme

Wonder if there is gonna be a repeat in minutes for the pelicans starters which caused the warriors to match? Jrue for example 47minutes last game

• tmarohl

@BUFUu2 said...

I learned my lesson with this on the mil game… I will onley take centers and pf against boston they seem to find a way to shut down the main guards on a team… I did this the last few games with boston playing and it has work really well

Middleton didn’t have much of a problem against Boston.
    The players that have problems against Boston are forwards like Giannis and Simmons that rely on attacking the rim for most of their points. I.E. guys who don’t have an outside shot. I said yesterday the Simmons would be the bust of the night because he would get the Giannis stacked lane treatment and be forced to pass the ball or take bad shots.

• BUFUu2

@superjon said...

Here’s the key

You want a mix of guys that

A. Are overpriced compared to their season averages but are hot. Think Lebron last night

B. Underpriced but in a slump. Think Love

Tonight’s A is KD and B is Gobert and CP3

tonight will not be a night like last night. Actually A would be harden not durant for the price….. I think durant will be in the winning lineup but it will be the guys who pick the right punts…. I think its a night you have to have one punt on your team not 2…. gobert will stay around the 38 dk points i almost guarntee he will not get 50dk points against capela…Tonights Love will be Mirotic that is my bold call anyways…I am so happy i was 100 percent on love last night though great dk night

• superjon

@BUFUu2 said...

tonight will not be a night like last night. Actually A would be harden not durant for the price….. I think durant will be in the winning lineup but it will be the guys who pick the right punts…. I think its a night you have to have one punt on your team not 2…. gobert will stay around the 38 dk points i almost guarntee he will not get 50dk points against capela…

Every night has been like last night

• jessedio

Missed playing last night because the freaking game was on at 4p.m….WTF

Anyway. Tonight is a bit tough on DK. Lots of price drops and underpriced players. I really hate the way Chris Paul plays basketball but his price is tempting. NO and GS will be mega chalk since their prices are so cheap.

• BUFUu2

@superjon said...

Every night has been like last night

how you figure the highest lineup had player A in it “Lebron” the classic style games anyways… the 2 game slate before that was a balanced lineup that one with no durant/curry highest stud was lowry and green. Then it switched to more of a star and scrub.. Not trying to argue brother just doing my research as well to best approach this slate tonight

• BerkeleyBoss

I’m prob gonna have some Pelicans starting lineup stacks on DK . I have the top 4 point per dollar plays as Mirotic, Rondo, Holiday, Davis. They refuse to price them up, I don’t get it. Last game those 4 combined for 206.9 and they are a combined 31.8k.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

The players that have problems against Boston are forwards like Giannis and Simmons that rely on attacking the rim for most of their points. I.E. guys who don’t have an outside shot. I said yesterday the Simmons would be the bust of the night because he would get the Giannis stacked lane treatment and be forced to pass the ball or take bad shots.

You were so right about Simmons, wish I’d have taken your advice. Made sense, don’t know why I didn’t.

• P0key

I better not lose to Zaza Mcghee or Nene LUs… There are only 2 centers worth a damn on FD…

• P0key

@ashaff716 said...

My budget wants me to punt on Exum (FD) … thoughts?

Him being at home maybe he’ll get to 20 points tonight…

• BUFUu2

@tmarohl said...

middleton had a couple good games against them but not a great series for him at all. Prolly why they lost but they are great at shutting down the other teams studs. Plus middleton can shoot and doesn’t rely on layups, he isn’t a bad perimeter shooter.

• NDNole

@P0key said...

I better not lose to Zaza Mcghee or Nene LUs… There are only 2 centers worth a damn on FD…

The way its been going for me watch ariza go off for 53 tonight lol. Always seems to be that one guy who just does what he normally doesn’t. And im often not on the right side of that.

• sox9

toughest choice may be Mitchell or Jrue. Dominant scorer on team in a slow paced game who often doesn’t stack the box, or volatile scorer in a fast-paced game?

• sox9

Rondo, AD, Mirotic could all outscore Jrue—Who outscores Mitchell on UT? Of course JRU could put up 50-60 fantasy points.

• tmarohl

@BUFUu2 said...

middleton had a couple good games against them but not a great series for him at all. Prolly why they lost but they are great at shutting down the other teams studs. Plus middleton can shoot and doesn’t rely on layups, he isn’t a bad perimeter shooter.

Game 1 – 31 Points, 8 Rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, 3 turnovers = 55.6 FD Points
    Game 2 – 25 Points, 4 Rebounds, 1 assist 3 turnovers. = 28.3 FD Points
    Game 3 – 23 Points, 8 Rebounds, 7 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 1 turnover = 48.1 FD Points.
    Game 4 – 23 Points, 6 Rebounds, 2 Assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks, 2 turnovers = 43.2 FD Points.
    Game 5 – 23 Points, 3 Rebounds, 2 Assists, 1 Turnover = 28.6 FD Points
    Game 6 – 16 Points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist, 4 Turnovers = 19.5 FD Points
    Game 7 – 32 points, 2 rebounds, 3 assist, 1 block, 2 Turnovers = 39.9 FD Points.

I guess you are right. 2 Excellent Games, 2 really good games, 2 average games, 1 below average.
    He was not why they lost though. I blame that on bad coaching, Jabari Parker and Bledsoe. If Parker didn’t have his head up his ass the first two games of the series with his pouting and whining to the media about playing time the Bucks most likely would have won game 1 in Boston. Bledsoe didn’t decide to show up until about game 6.

• NDNole

@tmarohl said...

Game 1 – 31 Points, 8 Rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, 3 turnovers = 55.6 FD Points
    Game 3 – 23 Points, 8 Rebounds, 7 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 1 turnover = 48.1 FD Points.
    Game 4 – 23 Points, 6 Rebounds, 2 Assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks, 2 turnovers = 43.2 FD Points.
    Game 7 – 32 points, 2 rebounds, 3 assist, 1 block, 2 Turnovers = 39.9 FD Points.

I guess you are right. 2 Excellent Games, 2 really good games, 2 average games, 1 below average.
    He was not why they lost though. I blame that on bad coaching, Jabari Parker and Bledsoe. If Parker didn’t have his head up his ass the first two games of the series with his pouting and whining to the media about playing time the Bucks most likely would have won game 1 in Boston. Bledsoe didn’t decide to show up until about game 6.

Or they could have played jabari like they should have in the first place those 1st two games.

• tmarohl

@NDNole said...

Or they could have played jabari like they should have in the first place those 1st two games.

They did and immediately pulled him because he was -14 in 15 minutes in game 1, and -15 in 10 minutes in game 2 and didn’t even attempt to play any defense in the first two games. Once the rest of the team told him to STFU and play hard he turned it around with a little bit of effort the rest of the series.
    I can’t wait for that POS to be off the team.

• Supersharpie

Paul/Tucker or Holiday/Looney for GPP?

Been going back and forth on this for a while.

• ASitar

If you’re looking to get off Burke (like me) switch to Moore for $1k less (DK). Moore probably has a higher ceiling even if Rubio is out, and the same floor.

• telestraightshooter

Burks over Exum

AB plays best unscripted, which does not fit coach Quinn’s style, but plays tend to devolve to that vs tight playoff defenses.

He’s getting mins sans the Spanish floor general & the jazz would rather have the ball in his hands instead of Exum.

• superjon

@BUFUu2 said...

how you figure the highest lineup had player A in it “Lebron” the classic style games anyways… the 2 game slate before that was a balanced lineup that one with no durant/curry highest stud was lowry and green. Then it switched to more of a star and scrub.. Not trying to argue brother just doing my research as well to best approach this slate tonight

Yes not every night is stars and scrubs.

But ever night the top LUs will have a mix of hot and cold players

The ones you want to fade are the hot players that are underpriced.

Like I think Jrue should be a little higher on FD. He could be in the winning LU but I’ll take my chances and fade him tonight.

• BUFUu2

@tmarohl said...

exactly man i agree so much with ya on that… I love middleton prolly one of my fav player in the nba

• NDNole

@tmarohl said...

They did and immediately pulled him because he was -14 in 15 minutes in game 1, and -15 in 10 minutes in game 2 and didn’t even attempt to play any defense in the first two games. Once the rest of the team told him to STFU and play hard he turned it around with a little bit of effort the rest of the series.
    I can’t wait for that POS to be off the team.

I guess you do have a point there lol. I kind of remember that.

• NDNole

@ASitar said...

If you’re looking to get off Burke (like me) switch to Moore for $1k less (DK). Moore probably has a higher ceiling even if Rubio is out, and the same floor.

Plenty of people will be on moore too I think.

• BUFUu2

@superjon said...

Yes not every night is stars and scrubs.

But ever night the top LUs will have a mix of hot and cold players

The ones you want to fade are the hot players that are underpriced.

Like I think Jrue should be a little higher on FD. He could be in the winning LU but I’ll take my chances and fade him tonight.

o wow that is what you were saying I agree on that that is why i was on love 100 perecnt and I am just surprised ppl aren’t talking about capela at 6700 i would rather play rondo the jrue tonight, mirotic will hit around 40-45, and also love ingles with or without rubio

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).