NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( -2.5 ) at Toronto ( 2.5 ) —- T: 214
    9:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 4.5 ) at Houston ( -4.5 ) —- T: 214.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• FDDough

@superjon said...

Line ups set. Only changing if someone dies

in the world of DFS…id stay by my phone lol

• colb24

@mike42 said...

3 words: (wait for it)……….: Patrick Freak’n Beverly:
    TP going down means their is blood in the water and he’s a shark, should be 10% ownership too.
    Isn’t JR smith a good on the ball defender? I’m not in love with DDR, lowry maybe. Think Ibaka, Jval and Tucker may be in play too. Tucker should be playing 25-30 every game, he guards LBJ well. LBJ never even tries to back him down, dudes a brick wall and he doesn’t just blow past him either. LBJ just was hitting jumpers and that’s all you can ask for. Only problem is casey is a idiot so its difficult to predict the actions of morons. Tucker plays game of his life =‘s start Powell and cut Tuckers minutes. Powell wins you a series =‘s bench him and start JVAL. Brilliant. Its like, whats einstein going to do next.

I liked alot of what your saying until you said Tucker guards Lebron well….. Nobody is guarding Lebron well… and 4 times tucker got backed down and Lebron then flexed to the crowd and laughed … Also in transition went by tucker with a simple in and out move that led to an and1

• hangtime28

Could be over thinking this, but is Pat Bev in a timeshare this series? Seems he was on the court more to defend Westbrook last series. Or is it because games 1 and 2 were blowouts??

• mike42

I sometimes drink when I watch games, I was under the impression that he was at least having some sort of moral victory in their battle. Fully aware that nobody is stopping LBJ, Not going to fade LBJ but doesn’t Tucker guard him better than Powell or am I mistaken?

• colb24

@mike42 said...

I sometimes drink when I watch games, I was under the impression that he was at least having some sort of moral victory in their battle. Fully aware that nobody is stopping LBJ, Not going to fade LBJ but doesn’t Tucker guard him better than Powell or am I mistaken?

I think you almost say good luck stopping Lebron when your best player is asking for help from the media on how to stop Lebron you might as well just load up on your offense hoping to score more points.. which prly ends up being powell over tucker…. but overall they are done… could be a sweep

• winnerchickendinner

Who is today’s bojan?

• IronMonkey415

I hope LOU is today’s Bojan

• cakesgood

@coachzimmer said...

whoever said utah would keep it close was spot on …utah warriors stack w on big

Whoever said that yesterday called both games. A blowout in WAS and close game in GS.

• hithisisnom

I’m getting a ton of LMA when I build lineups and I don’t like it. Then again, the winning lineups always have players I hate playing so…

• nyknick

what’s the deal with j simmons, is he in the rotation or are his minutes due to blowouts? i don’t get to watch the games much.

• raymond333

So, this slate tonite has been a bitch for me. My thoughts are to go with Toronto tonite, as their backs are on the wall being down 0-2, and being that they are home, if they are going to ball, tonite would be the night. I thought about playing Derozen, L Williams, even though they didnt do well the other nite, but my thought is they may tonite. It looks like Lowry may be out, so I’m thinking Cory Joseph then with Parker out, looks P Mills is the play.

I also dont see the value in playing Harden…great player and all, but for his salary, I dont think its worth it. Even though Leonard has been good, I’m thinking to get Lebron in at least one line, as I believe most of the winning lineups have had him. I may even do my 2nd line and play E Gordon, and L Williams and skip out on Harden. Another couple of possible sleepers I’m looking at are J Simmons, as he’s been doing well…and possibly Frye. I would say some of the Cleveland bench, if I thought it was going to be a blowout again, but I’m thinking it may not be.

Any thoughts on my thinking? Any players you definitely wouldnt play…or is there a player (sleeper) that I’m missing that should do well? I’ve lost the last 2 times with this slate, and I want to redeem myself…even it’s its just winning a few dollars.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

• raymond333

I’m liking J Simmons as a sleeper as well (per my post I just did)

• dopeismarcus

happy cinco de mayo! drinking early today this should be a good one.

• BUFUu2

@GGee87 said...

Man… Thats crazy. I like watching him play. Hes not as impactful with the Spurs… but the guy is talented. He isnt super athletic… but his post game is like none other… and he can shoot well.

i agree I just think he is a good pivot and they def need him to be in the game tonight…. Prolly will be lower owned I have to give a shot in one and let him burn me again

• raymond333

@Falconsfly- I feel your pain bro, this slate has been rough for me to. It’s the way the salary is structured. Everytime I have what looks like a great line, I’m -$200 or something, and then try to see who I can change and it’s some scrub. Been a bitch of a slate for me too. Trying to redeem myself today and get some good info off here if possible.

• Vanco

Had 5 Bos/Was stacks for lineups last night til last minute I changed one to Utah/GS stack as a just in case. Of course that’s the one that went 20x ROI, One of the Boston lineups scored 161….yikes.

Tonight seems like a night to play scenarios…some lineups for blowouts, some for close games. I want DDR to bounce back but watching that last game Cle just had him in clamps and will again, especially with Lowry hobbled. Love Manu, LMA, and Gasol for tonight.

• raymond333

Yea, thats my thinking. 2 lines- one with Toronto hoping they bounce back…one with possible sleepers (ie Simmons), and possibly some of Clevelands bench. Maybe P Beverly too (to add to my list above)?

• Yahchanan

Bradley Beal cost me a 1rst place finish on DK yesterday

• mike42

You can bump up the minutes and usage for simmons and a lot of other Spurs players too. The problem is they are going to slow the game down, they basically just lost their QB and they are a defensive minded team, think they probably won’t score a 100 unless kawhi scores 40. I honestly think Kawhi may start the game on Harden in an effort to keep Houston from finding its mojo on O. Would be a typical POP move.
    Last night I thought GS game would be closer/higher scoring and Was game would be slower/not close. Tonight I think Clev game will be closer and higher scoring and Hous game not so much. Tough to find fantasy goodness with the wrong game script. First 2 games have been blowouts, always felt the way Houston plays leads to variance in final scores, high variance in the final score leads to less minutes played for every dollar invested.

• billholler

I’m just curious to see who’s son goes off tonight.

• colb24

@billholler said...

I’m just curious to see who’s son goes off tonight.

you like Lebron Harden or Lebron leonard ?.. Lol

• lloydjv1

Who’s boarding the DeRoseanne death train today? He made it easy for me to make a roster this series. I don’t care if he puts up 100 DFS points tonight, he has burned me too many times. I will gladly donate my entry fees to roster other options. Dude has been a real disappointment but I understand they may be defending him very well too, so I can’t place all the blame on his talent, or lack thereof. Of course if Lowry is seriously hobbled or out tonight, that provides even more incentive to avoid DD. Would rather pivot down to Val and Tucker. Just my 02 cents.

• nickpierce723826

I’m thinking Maunu will be in winning lineup. Seems like it’s a good pivot from Mills and Pop loves playing his vets. I also think Cavs game will be close ..seems to be following the same script as last year. I think Casey might run that line up he used last year with CoJo and Lowry it gave them a spark and it would also allow DDR some looks.I would stay away from Love as well as he doesn’t really seem to hit value vs Raptors at any point, just a bad matchup. This means he will probably have a huge game. I’m really struggling to figure out the Houston game. I feel that Pau is going to have a let down game but not sure where to go from there.

• mike42

For better or for worse, Dk is keeping up with its pricing, no freebies unless its late breaking news. Mills at 4400 is not Mack at 2k.

• colb24

I just dont know how Toronto can compete in this series…. watching the games they are getting beat at every position including coaching…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).