NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( -2.5 ) at Toronto ( 2.5 ) —- T: 214
    9:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 4.5 ) at Houston ( -4.5 ) —- T: 214.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• billholler

Running a single entry train tonight and then I’m done with NBA. Will stick with Nascar and a little PGA until NFL is back. Good luck and happy grinding.

• cliang00

Any thoughts on Ariza? I believe anderson will regress. Between ariza, gordon, and williams, I feel Ariza will go off.

• dcsports21

Charles Barkley said it right before the series…Toronto doesnt believe they can hang with Cleveland. I think Toronto loses tonight and loses the series in 4.

Like a lot of Spurs tonight. The home team usually dictates pace and Houston is finally back home ready to run. Like me some Ginobli, Kawahi, Aldridge and Gasol. Mills is fine for cash but don’t see him winning anyone a GPP. For Houston looking at Beverly, Ariza, Lou and Capela

• cliang00

@dcsports21 said...

Charles Barkley said it right before the series…Toronto doesnt believe they can hang with Cleveland. I think Toronto loses tonight and loses the series in 4.

Like a lot of Spurs tonight. The home team usually dictates pace and Houston is finally back home ready to run. Like me some Ginobli, Kawahi, Aldridge and Gasol. Mills is fine for cash but don’t see him winning anyone a GPP. For Houston looking at Beverly, Ariza, Lou and Capela

Aldridge looks too slow and lazy to fight in paint. Better off with Pau for rebounds.

• RobertoTomba

Kyle Lowry (ankle) did not participate in shootaround and will be a game-time decision for Game 3 Friday night vs. Cleveland.
    This is not surprising news, as the situation appeared to be trending in this direction since Lowry initially sprained the ankle on Wednesday night in Game 2. “You know me, I’ll fight through anything. I’m going to try to play. But we will see [later today],” said Lowry Friday morning. Lowry indicated it would come down to pain threshold and mobility, and that his biggest concern will be attempting cut. Cory Joseph will likely slide into the starting lineup if Lowry doesn’t suit up. DeMar DeRozan would be asked to shoulder more of the offensive load. May 5 – 10:56 AM
    Source: Eric Smith on Twitter

• mr_papageorgio

Loading up on Spurs/Rockets tonight (4 Rockets, 2 Spurs), only playing DDR and Ibaka from the TOR/CLE game. Definitely risky but I haven’t forgotten how bad the Cavs looked at times this year and especially on the road so I’m thinking they could have a stinker tonight and if DDR is ever going to cook up a 50 burger tonight is the night.

• frugal

@coachzimmer said...

no one thinks delon and dejountey can hit value and are good pivots from the obv. chalk … mills cant play 48 minute s and if lowry is out corey joseph will split with delon

Can’t speak for Toronto, but I seriously doubt Pops is going to play a rookie significant minutes in the playoffs. I think it’s more likely Manu and Simmons split backup PG duties.

• frugal

@mr_papageorgio said...

Loading up on Spurs/Rockets tonight (4 Rockets, 2 Spurs), only playing DDR and Ibaka from the TOR/CLE game. Definitely risky but I haven’t forgotten how bad the Cavs looked at times this year and especially on the road so I’m thinking they could have a stinker tonight and if DDR is ever going to cook up a 50 burger tonight is the night.

CLE has been able to completely control DDR so far. I seriously doubt they are going to relax defensively against him with Lowry limited or off the floor. I’m betting a slap down, demoralizing, epic blowout occurs tonight.

• Brenmike922

@billholler said...

I’m just curious to see who’s son goes off tonight.

There you go, starting trouble again. LOL

• colb24

@frugal said...

CLE has been able to completely control DDR so far. I seriously doubt they are going to relax defensively against him with Lowry limited or off the floor. I’m betting a slap down, demoralizing, epic blowout occurs tonight.

I knew I always liked you…. someone sees a blow out coming also!

• RobertoTomba

Well damn. Building a lineup that’s not $2000 under the cap will be a challenge if I shave off stinkbombs like Lowry, Derozen, and Harden.

• KindGuy

My lineup formula tonight will be:

4-3-2

Spurs-Cavs-Raptors

• lloydjv1

@billholler said...

Running a single entry train tonight and then I’m done with NBA. Will stick with Nascar and a little PGA until NFL is back. Good luck and happy grinding.

I am joining you after tonight. I haven’t seen any NBA cash since last weekend so it’s time to dial it back and focus on MLB action.

• bjacksonibew

If you want to take a a blind shot in the dark on a deep flyer Assuming it’s another blowout for Cleveland this is your man. Fellow grinders I give you…
    Edy Tavares

• Falconsfly

@raymond333 said...

@Falconsfly- I feel your pain bro, this slate has been rough for me to. It’s the way the salary is structured. Everytime I have what looks like a great line, I’m -$200 or something, and then try to see who I can change and it’s some scrub. Been a bitch of a slate for me too. Trying to redeem myself today and get some good info off here if possible.

Exactly! I almost don’t want to play, but enjoy dfs so I’m always sucked right back in. Good luck!!!

• RobertoTomba

@bjacksonibew said...

If you want to take a a blind shot in the dark on a deep flyer Assuming it’s another blowout for Cleveland this is your man. Fellow grinders I give you…
    Edy Tavares

A much less blind shot is Jonathon Simmons the same price, and he’s actually played the last 2 games (more than enough to exceed value on FD).

• chatmar

Man, having trouble trying to build a lineup with James, Harden and Leonard is almost impossible. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

• mike42

I’m just curious to see who’s son goes off tonight

Not so bold prediction: Many people’s sons will go off tonight and knowing who their correct father is will have no effect on your bankroll.

Just messing with you, good luck with the 4 left turns (nascar).

• chatmar

That is for DK. Sorry, forgot to mention that.

• tmarohl

@frugal said...

Can’t speak for Toronto, but I seriously doubt Pops is going to play a rookie significant minutes in the playoffs. I think it’s more likely Manu and Simmons split backup PG duties.

Manu said something postgame that stuck with me. He said they are going to have to plan rotations that don’t include having a point guard on the floor. To me this means when Mills is not in the game, that Kawhi and Manu will be doing the ball handling. Does this make sense or am I overthinking it?

• mike42

Man, having trouble trying to build a lineup with James, Harden and Leonard is almost impossible. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

Yes, don’t do it. It won last time b4 price hikes means it won’t win this time.

• franckyfranck

@billholler said...

Bill , you didnt cash Yesterday ?

I know a few winners who have not been cashing big since the playoffs started . 2-games slates are no joke . Yesterday was supposed to be great but Washington- Boston killed LOTS of people !!

3 buddies are ‘supposedly’ doing their last NBA slate Today . Maxing out entries LOL . I dont like this slate at all .

• dcsports21

@chatmar said...

Do you really see Harden getting you a 60+ burger tonight?

• franckyfranck

@mike42 said...

Yes, don’t do it. It won last time b4 price hikes means it won’t win this time.

Start with Cory / Deron Williams or Cory / D. Murray , you’ll get there .

• mrdaman

J Simmons is gonna be tonights sleeper !

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).