NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( -2.5 ) at Toronto ( 2.5 ) —- T: 214
    9:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 4.5 ) at Houston ( -4.5 ) —- T: 214.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• billholler

@Stuffinglover said...

Lot of unlikely ifs.

None of the likely ifs have worked in my favor the last 2 weeks.

• bigkino217

@billholler said...

If you fade Lebron, you have to go heavy on Kyrie or Love or both. Right?

unless you think cleveland gets blown out

• Dfspacman

Jr Smith has been locking down Derozan

• tmarohl

@frugal said...

Doesn’t matter the site, they have LBJ underperforming his playoff and matchup average and I just don’t see that happening. You don’t need any specific numbers on a 2 game slate, only the best plays. Someone the other day told me LMA wouldn’t be in a winning lineup unless he scored 40 and he was in the winning DK QA lineup with less than 30 as the other PFs also underperformed.

I have him projected for a few more points than RG does, but I also have Kawhi and Harden projected higher than what RG does. As a general rule RG seems to be conservative on the higher priced guys, and over aggressive on the low cost guys. I take that into account.

• billholler

@bigkino217 said...

unless you think cleveland gets blown out

The chances of Cleveland getting blown out are about the same as Love scoring 50 soooooo…..

• colb24

LBJ scoring 50 real pts tonight… He knows they cant guard him hes coming out scoring …. I am not a LBJ fan either was a big Kobe fan … no stats or backing it up but I just think he knows Raptors thinking of how can I control this man

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@billholler said...

Yeah, Kyrie for sure. I think the scenario where LBJ only gets 45-50 comes from a blowout though right? I can’t imagine a scenario where LBJ plays 40 and doesn’t get to 60. If it’s a blowout then Kyrie can still make value or exceed it, which he has been, but Love would mostly likely still fall short. That’s been the trend at least and has been since the playoffs started. Kyrie has at least made value in every game except that one where Bron benched him and Love and decided to beat the Pacers himself.

Like I said, it’s gutsy to pick Love to go all in on, but it could work out. He’s only 7k. Even if he only gets to 40, as opposed to 50, he could be needed if all the other PF’s bomb, which is feasible. Even if Bron gets to 55-60, he might not be on the winning line up. I’m assuming you’ll still cycle in some Kawhi or Harden through your line ups? If they come close to matching LBJ’s output you’d be in good shape.

• pheffernan7

@billholler said...

The chances of Cleveland getting blown out are about the same as Love scoring 50 soooooo…..

I’d say the chances they get blown out are the same as anyone buying Lonzo Ball’s new shoe. I mean, they could get beat, but no one is blowing them out.

• RobertoTomba

I can’t get a lineup that doesn’t make me want to

I’ll probably do well tonight LOL

• FDDough

Lets not make up crazy scenarios to make our lineups make sense guys lolol

• pheffernan7

Is anyone looking at Delon Wright tonight?

• frugal

@billholler said...

I think Irving is in play regardless. Love is a solid hedge against Lebron.

• lloydjv1

@billholler said...

So I changed my mind just in case DFS doesn’t exist in Texas this time next week. Fading Lebron. All in on Love and Kyrie with the Spurs value guys. If Lebron only scores 45 FP, I’m ahead of 60% of the field. If Love scores 50 FP, I’m ahead of 85% of the field. So, I donated again.

You think we’re going to lose DFS? Is the legislature going back in session?

• lloydjv1

FYI, for anyone playing in Texas, if this hasn’t been posted, I found this:

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/04/03/bill-would-clarify-legality-fantasy-sports-receive-first-hearing/

• sherm

So is it legal or illegal as of right now?

• damionismyname

@pheffernan7 said...

I’d say the chances they get blown out are the same as anyone buying Lonzo Ball’s new shoe. I mean, they could get beat, but no one is blowing them out.

Gotta be ballin to buy those bro! lol!

• hangtime28

@sherm said...

So is it legal or illegal as of right now?

Fanduel is illegal in Texas. Draftkings and Yahoo are legal still.

• frugal

@hangtime28 said...

Fanduel is illegal in Texas. Draftkings and Yahoo are legal still.

It is not illegal nor legal, which is why the legislature will pass a bill to clarify.

• RobertoTomba

@lloydjv1 said...

FYI, for anyone playing in Texas, if this hasn’t been posted, I found this:

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/04/03/bill-would-clarify-legality-fantasy-sports-receive-first-hearing/

Interesting. It seems pretty obvious how they have to vote. Even though some want to emphasize the element of chance as an excuse to equate it to video poker and slots, there’s still a disagreement. I’d be much more concerned if you didn’t have it and were trying to get it: in a split decision, the only real outcome is to keep things where they are.

• billholler

@lloydjv1 said...

You think we’re going to lose DFS? Is the legislature going back in session?

There’s a thread posted on here. Vote is Tuesday or Wednesday. I won’t have any money in DK after Monday night.

• billholler

@frugal said...

It is not illegal nor legal, which is why the legislature will pass a bill to clarify.

Correct. The Texas AG filed an opinion and FD pulled out based on that opinion.

• DMVSmokeGawd

Derozan I have a feeling will go off tonight.

• lloydjv1

@billholler said...

There’s a thread posted on here. Vote is Tuesday or Wednesday. I won’t have any money in DK after Monday night.

Thanks for the reminder, Bill. It would be a shame if we lose this, but my gut feeling is that it will pass. I would imagine there is a decent amount of lobbying going on, and IMHO, the team owners of pro sports here can see the benefit of having it here. Lots of advertising $$ available to them and the networks.

• hangtime28

@lloydjv1 said...

Thanks for the reminder, Bill. It would be a shame if we lose this, but my gut feeling is that it will pass. I would imagine there is a decent amount of lobbying going on, and IMHO, the team owners of pro sports here can see the benefit of having it here. Lots of advertising $$ available to them and the networks.

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/dfs-in-texas-1900767

Here’s the thread

• nickpierce723826

Never realized how much better Beverly splits are at home….on the Bever Train

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).