NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

5:00 PM EST : Boston ( 9 ) at Philadelphia ( -9 ) —- T: 206.5
    8:30 PM EST : Toronto ( 4.5 ) at Cleveland ( -4.5 ) —- T: 216

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• ASitar

I’m going to need 75-80 from LBJ to justify using him in the Showdown.

• superstars92

Only had Embiid/Baynes so far on my main cash game team, so looks promising. Had 0% Smart on all GPPs and very very little Covington. Also had very very little Tatum though and he was good in OT, so probably won’t win any GPPs.

I do have multiple Brown/Simmons/Embiid lineups with 5 players this later game.

• superstars92

Got a feeling like Toronto will change their lineup and their rotations quite a bit this game.

I think OG doesn’t need to start. He pretty much should be playing 0 mins since his defense doesn’t matter vs. LeBron anyways and he’s terrible on offense. LBJ will score no matter who’s on him so you’ll rather just put another shooter on there.

JoVal also doesn’t need to play a lot of mins imo since he will get killed on PNRs and when Love cuts and shoots 3s. The only justification to play JoVal a lot if he can do like 25/15 like what he did in Game 1.

• Se7entyTimes7

Roco sucks

• KindGuy

@Se7entyTimes7 said...

Roco sucks

Boom or bust guy his whole career. can get you 50-60 or 10 dk pts on any given night.

• superstars92

Ibaka benched? Dang hoping it was JoVal instead.

Have tons of FVV on GPPs though so might work out like 50% exposure of him in GPPs + a ton of CJ Miles who I’m sure will replace OG pretty early on.

• dragon1952

@superstars92 said...

Ibaka benched? Dang hoping it was JoVal instead.

Have tons of FVV on GPPs though so might work out like 50% exposure of him in GPPs + a ton of CJ Miles who I’m sure will replace OG pretty early on.

Hope that news is too late for most to react :^ /

• nomjlikeme

VV starting

• BerkeleyBoss

Got 4 Embiid/Simmons/Saric/Baynes lineups on DK. Also 5 others with just Simmons & Baynes. Hoping I might could get lucky and have some sweats.

• superstars92

@dragon1952 said...

Hope that news is too late for most to react :^ /

Lineups are locked anyways (on DK not sure if LS exists on FD). I guessed that either FVV or CJ would start earlier so I purposely did more of them in GPPs than normal and I lowered my Ibaka and JoVal exposure. I slightly guessed wrong with JoVal though thought he would be the one benched along with OG.

I don’t have FVV on cash though might hurt me if he plays 30+ but I only had Embiid/Baynes so far so shouldn’t be bad unless somehow all my players this game bust. 40% of my guys in my cash game had RoCo and 30% had Smart.

Also since Embiid and Baynes both got 6x+ on DK, unless JoVal gets like 45 FPs+ it doesn’t hurt me if he goes off since C was a loaded position.

• KindGuy

Pissed since i already have fvv on fanduel freeroll.

• dragon1952

@superstars92 said...

Lineups are locked anyways. I guessed that either FVV or CJ would start earlier so I purposely did more of them in GPPs than normal and I lowered my Ibaka and JoVal exposure. I slightly guessed wrong with JoVal though thought he would be the one benched along with OG.

Oh yeah…duh. That’s very cool …. thanks for the reminder. I’ve got MLB on my mind I guess. Gee, something might actually work in my favor for a change :^ /

• RipCityRings

FVV 39.1% owned in the big FD Shot. I realize it’s a 2 game slate, but wow.

• dragon1952

@RipCityRings said...

FVV 39.1% owned in the big FD Shot. I realize it’s a 2 game slate, but wow.

Yeah I hear ya…32% in the DK Big Jam :^ / Oh well….so much for that edge I’ve been looking for.

• Se7entyTimes7

@superstars92 said...

Lineups are locked anyways (on DK not sure if LS exists on FD). I guessed that either FVV or CJ would start earlier so I purposely did more of them in GPPs than normal and I lowered my Ibaka and JoVal exposure. I slightly guessed wrong with JoVal though thought he would be the one benched along with OG.

I don’t have FVV on cash though might hurt me if he plays 30+ but I only had Embiid/Baynes so far so shouldn’t be bad unless somehow all my players this game bust. 40% of my guys in my cash game had RoCo and 30% had Smart.

Also since Embiid and Baynes both got 6x+ on DK, unless JoVal gets like 45 FPs+ it doesn’t hurt me if he goes off since C was a loaded position.

Why would val be benched and not ibaka. Lol ridiculous to even think Val would be not in the starting LU

• Se7entyTimes7

Faded bron in the showdown heheheheheheheh no way this works

• superstars92

@Se7entyTimes7 said...

Why would val be benched and not ibaka. Lol ridiculous to even think Val would be not in the starting LU

Because JoVal is a terrible defender? I still think if things aren’t going well he’ll get benched for the 4th.

• Se7entyTimes7

@superstars92 said...

Because JoVal is a terrible defender? I still think if things aren’t going well he’ll get benched for the 4th.

He gets benched for the 4th most the season. Still almost always starts. And he played well when he was fed the first 2 games. I just dont know how you could watch basketball and assume he would be out of the starting LU OVER Ibaka who looks lost after game 1 and maybr game 2 last series

• superstars92

@Se7entyTimes7 said...

He gets benched for the 4th most the season. Still almost always starts. And he played well when he was fed the first 2 games. I just dont know how you could watch basketball and assume he would be out of the starting LU OVER Ibaka who looks lost after game 1 and maybr game 2 last series

The fact he gets benched in the 4th when Ibaka usually doesn’t proves he was a candidate to get benched if there was someone…Ibaka usually plays C down the stretch for Toronto this season except for this series. He did pretty much all of last year vs. the Cavs. I never said JoVal would get benched. I just had him, OG, and Serge as candidates and FVV and CJ Miles as candidates to play more mins. I am usually making guesses since I’m never 100% certain so I just said I guessed wrong on Serge vs. JoVal (I was 50/50 when it should have been 100/0).

The guy who really should get benched is OG Anuoby. He’s completely useless. Whatever extra defense he brings he loses more on offense and he doesn’t even bring extra defense vs. LeBron.

• Guizzy

@superstars92 said...

The guy who really should get benched is OG Anuoby. He’s completely useless.

Absolutely.

• superstars92

Good OG is out. Completely useless. The only way to beat LBJ is to outscore him not to defend him.

JoVal should get benched soon. He’s getting beat by Love and his post ups aren’t working today. The only way he’s effective is he needs to put up 22/13 or something. Otherwise, he hurts the team with his defense.

• dragon1952

Toronto is pathetic. I think they’ve given up mentally already :^ /

• dragon1952

There goes Love again.

• Se7entyTimes7

@dragon1952 said...

Toronto is pathetic. I think they’ve given up mentally already :^ /

Its ridiculous. When they start playing bad they PLAY BAD. Shots just look so bad. Everyone tries to do it themselves.

• superstars92

JoVal out now too. Not sure why he even started if he’s gonna get taken out 5 mins into the game.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).