Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:30 PM EST : Golden State ( -5 ) at Utah ( 5 ) —- T: 208

3:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( -6 ) at Toronto ( 6 ) —- T: 214
    6:30 PM EST : Boston ( 4.5 ) at Washington ( -4.5 ) —- T: 216
    9:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 5.5 ) at Houston ( -5.5 ) —- T: 212

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• iron_tactics

@Malorum said...

Cojo was the critical piece to winning on FD. Don’t see one lineup without him that went past the cash line. No Cojo no cash tonight on FD.

Have cojo, missed cash line by 0.20 fantasy points, out 30 dollars. Cause someone gives up in the 4th in a playoff game. Hope the Rockets finish the series, don’t want to see that shit again.

• Malorum

@superstars92 said...

He just wants to teach them a lesson. Pau wouldn’t have played anyways, but Leonard definitely should have started out the 4th since they weren’t down that much (like less than 20 points) and Aldridge should have come in if they made it like 15 points.

D’Antoni would never do this. In fact, he would do the opposite. If Houston was down like 15 to start the 4th, he would keep Harden in for the entire 2nd half.

Don’t worry. You won’t have to deal with this in a week. Because Rockets are going to win this series.

Yeah it’s just so untypical of playoff basketball. They weren’t really down that much to start the 4th and all they needed were some more stops, but lets just sit our best defender out with 3 to go in the 2nd and never put him again, meanwhile Lebron is out there playing 42-44 minutes. I get the praise that Pop deserves for his legacy but some of his coaching decisions just boggle my mind sometimes. How do you go so long with no rim protection when you see HOU just driving to the basket at will?

• DonkeyDFS

If I swapped out LMA for Morris I’d be up $500 instead of $60. I knew LMA wouldn’t put up 2 good games in a row, but one of those instances where you feel you need to spend your extra salary. Got Popped!

• Dfspacman

Who knew only Raptors wouldn’t get blown out today

• sidislike

Of course after about a week straight of not cashing my single and double bullets in the crazy 8s and not even cracking 260 I only did a quarter entry for the 2 day slate and I get 324.25 for 20th

Same thing happened in the 1st round at FD, I lost all my money and my first day of doing a free entry instead I finish 1.5 out of 1st

• superstars92

@tmarohl said...

For all the Lebron lovers out there, thought I would just point out for the second game in a row he wasn’t in the winning lineup on DK or FD. So yes, he can be faded.

Yea, why would you have LeBron on DK? I think he was like 25% owned in the 8 dollar contest, but he was like way less owned (like 15% or so) in the Triple Threat which is loaded with sharks. That’s a ridiculous price for LeBron on DK when Wall, Harden, Kawhi are like 2k cheaper. I don’t think you should ever take a guy making up 25% of your salary on DK, espeically when there are practically no low value plays aside from Joseph, Simmons, and Tucker (the last 2 of which were not obvious either). And Simmons/Tucker are SF, which means it’s more likely to pair them with a G and not another SF. Westbrook should be the only one that should make up like 25% of your salary, but even Westbrook today (if he were playing) would have been hard because there aren’t multiple, obvious cheap guys anymore in the playoffs to pair them up with.

Lebron didn’t even have a bad game (or last game). It’s mostly because he takes up so much salary, unless he explodes for like 80 FP, it’s impossible to find value with the remaining salary.

On FD, I don’t know how it works, but I assume you have more salary to play guys like LeBron.

I think you can only really start choosing LeBron on 2 game slates because at that point, you just don’t have many choices.

• Malorum

@thetitanlb said...

I don’t get why Pau and Kawhi didn’t start the 4th. They only started the qtr down 15. Makes no sense

Yup and it cost me $100. Had they played the 4th i probably would have cashed. I think after tonight im done with NBA. This is just a dagger for me motivationally and for my bankroll. Just gonna spend what i have left on DK for next slate and be done with it till NFL starts back up.

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

Yea, why would you have LeBron on DK? I think he was like 25% owned in the 8 dollar contest, but he was like way less owned (like 15% or so) in the Triple Threat which is loaded with sharks. That’s a ridiculous price for LeBron on DK when Wall, Harden, Kawhi are like 2k cheaper. I don’t think you should ever take a guy making up 25% of your salary on DK, espeically when there are practically no low value plays aside from Joseph, Simmons, and Tucker (the last 2 of which were not obvious either). And Simmons/Tucker are SF, which means it’s more likely to pair them with a G and not another SF

On FD, I don’t know how it works, but I assume you have more salary to play guys like LeBron.

Not really, you have 10K more salary cap but you have to play another guy. Plus the prices are higher on FD for the stars.

• thetitanlb

@Malorum said...

Yup and it cost me $100. Had they played the 4th i probably would have cashed. I think after tonight im done with NBA. This is just a dagger for me motivationally and for my bankroll. Just gonna spend what i have left on DK for next slate and be done with it till NFL starts back up.

I agree. Never seen a team ever just give up like that to start a 4th. I also have no clue why Lee was getting burn over Pau. Pau can protect the rim while Lee can’t. I’m so frustrated that the rockets players basically played a full game while the Spurs guys played 3/4 of the game. Sigh

• Malorum

@superstars92 said...

Yea, why would you have LeBron on DK? I think he was like 25% owned in the 8 dollar contest, but he was like way less owned (like 15% or so) in the Triple Threat which is loaded with sharks. That’s a ridiculous price for LeBron on DK when Wall, Harden, Kawhi are like 2k cheaper. I don’t think you should ever take a guy making up 25% of your salary on DK, espeically when there are practically no low value plays aside from Joseph, Simmons, and Tucker (the last 2 of which were not obvious either). And Simmons/Tucker are SF, which means it’s more likely to pair them with a G and not another SF

You do but it limits your construction a bit considering the punts on FD tend to cost more than DK for the most part. Sometimes you get lucky with the lag in FD’s pricing of players. The key tonight on FD was to pair up Cojo with Kyrie but you had to spend up else where if you also played Tucker at SF. Tonight was definitely one of those nights where you could have left quite a bit on the table and still cashed quite comfortably but its pretty rare i’d say to have 4 guys under 5000 hit for 10x value and one for 8x.

• superstars92

@Malorum said...

Yeah it’s just so untypical of playoff basketball. They weren’t really down that much to start the 4th and all they needed were some more stops, but lets just sit our best defender out with 3 to go in the 2nd and never put him again, meanwhile Lebron is out there playing 42-44 minutes. I get the praise that Pop deserves for his legacy but some of his coaching decisions just boggle my mind sometimes. How do you go so long with no rim protection when you see HOU just driving to the basket at will?

Well he already gave up I guess. Yea, LeBron and Harden almost have guaranteed minutes because LeBron has a super unique rotation. He plays like the first 10 mins of the 1st/3rd and then STARTS the 2nd/4th.

That is huge because EVEN IN A BLOWOUT in the 4th (as you saw with Toronto’s games 1 and 2), LeBron will still see the floor for like at least the first 6 minutes of the 4th. However, Irving and Love won’t because it’s already a blowout and it isn’t their normal rotation. Also, as you saw in game 3 (and one of the Indiana games), if it’s not a blowout, but LeBron + his shooters are rolling, Kyrie and Love may never even check back in.

Harden is minutes proof too unless it’s like a 30 point game. Kawhi technically should be in the playoffs, but I guess not.

Draymond has a very similar rotation to LeBron, so he is more likely to see more minutes than Steph in a blowout too.

• tmarohl

I can understand why they didn’t start the fourth. Afterall, that is the normal rotation. For the life of me I don’t understand why they didn’t come back in at about the 9:30 mark for a three or four minute run to see if they could cut the deficit. Did Pop not see Washington put up 26 unanswered at the start of the second half today in about 5 minutes?

• thetitanlb

@tmarohl said...

I can understand why they didn’t start the fourth. Afterall, that is the normal rotation. For the life of me I don’t understand why they didn’t come back in at about the 9:30 mark for a three or four minute run to see if they could cut the deficit. Did Pop not see Washington put up 26 unanswered at the start of the second half today in about 5 minutes?

Pop usually does though. The last time they were down that amount kawhi started the 4th

• RobertoTomba

@DonkeyDFS said...

If I swapped out LMA for Morris I’d be up $500 instead of $60. I knew LMA wouldn’t put up 2 good games in a row, but one of those instances where you feel you need to spend your extra salary. Got Popped!

Since he’s a legend, he can do crazy stuff like this. If it were almost anyone else, people would be talking about him losing his job. If he ever does decide to quit, maybe he can go to work on the sequel for the Hunger Games?

• superstars92

Well anyways, I hope Utah wins tomorrow. That’ll give us one more 3 game slate. I think Utah will win tomorrow, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Hayward and Gobert play super heavy minutes. Gobert might even play the near – LeBron James minutes rotation as a C (9 + 12 + 9 + 12) – maybe just 1-2 mins less in Q1 and Q3. Or he can do 12 + 9 + 12 + 9, but either way, he might see 40+ mins as a C, which is ridiculous.

• bettercallsteve

glad ariza and andersen got pulled when they did I was able to do well cause of it

• superstars92

@thetitanlb said...

Pop usually does though. The last time they were down that amount kawhi started the 4th

No I think Pop was just pissed and wanted to teach them a lesson. Like he actually just didn’t like the way the Spurs were playing from the start. I agree it’s odd behavior, but he probably was just pissed, wanted to motivate them, and was ok going back to SA 2-2.

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

Well anyways, I hope Utah wins tomorrow. That’ll give us one more 3 game slate. I think Utah will win tomorrow, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Hayward and Gobert play super heavy minutes. Gobert might even play the near – LeBron James minutes rotation as a C (9 + 12 + 9 + 12) – maybe just 1-2 mins less in Q1 and Q3. Or he can do 12 + 9 + 12 + 9, but either way, he might see 40+ mins as a C, which is ridiculous.

I am actually liking Curry a lot tomorrow. He missed a $hitload of open shots in the first half yesterday. Still had 35 FD points. Four of those go in and he is around value.

• damionismyname

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

@Malorum said...

yeah this is becoming unsustainable and just a waste of time. I could have just went to the store and bought a few hundred in scratch offs and won more. Plus the lottery doesn’t take up your time with research. Once basketball is over I’ll just self exclude myself from DK for 3 months so it opens back up for football. I don’t even want to be tempted to play bullshit baseball this summer. Glad to get a break soon from this nonsense.

• thetitanlb

@superstars92 said...

No I think Pop was just pissed and wanted to teach them a lesson. Like he actually just didn’t like the way the Spurs were playing from the start. I agree it’s odd behavior, but he probably was just pissed, wanted to motivate them, and was ok going back to SA 2-2.

Oh I agree. It seemed liked he didn’t care and wanted to make his point. Never even seen him do that in the playoffs before. Crazy

• tmarohl

@damionismyname said...

yeah this is becoming unsustainable and just a waste of time. I could have just went to the store and bought a few hundred in scratch offs and won more. Plus the lottery doesn’t take up your time with research. Once basketball is over I’ll just self exclude myself from DK for 3 months so it opens back up for football. I don’t even want to be tempted to play bullshit baseball this summer. Glad to get a break soon from this nonsense.

WNBA is coming up.

• damionismyname

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

WNBA is coming up.

• Malorum

@tmarohl said...

WNBA is coming up.

LOL Screw that. I’d rather watch paint dry.

• tmarohl

@Malorum said...

LOL Screw that. I’d rather watch paint dry.

Don’t have to watch. Basketball vs MLB I will choose Basketball everytime.

• tonytone1908

@Malorum said...

Maybe an undisclosed injury for LMA? Damn I hope not because I have him in my LU for tomorrow.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).