NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Houston ( 5.5 ) at San Antonio ( -5.5 ) —- T: 214.5

8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 4.5 ) at Boston ( -4.5 ) —- T: 215

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• tmarohl

@nickpierce723826 said...

Took down mini swat…woo hoo please tell me 324 wouldn’t have won me 100k. I have done anything during the playoffs so I through a quick small one in and that’s what I come up with.

You missed out on $166

• yisman

David Lee another punt who also didn’t play in OT

played only 11 minutes (he had been averaging over 18 this series)

dammit

end of 4th and OT was basically Mills Ginobili Aldridge Green Simmons and that’s it

• tmarohl

Don’t even know how I am doing in the two game slate that started tonight as I have 5 or 6 players left in all lineups except 1.

• damionismyname

• Ranked #89

RG Tiered Ranking

@P0key said...

Boy did Ginobli blow his load tonight… Lol can’t wait to fade him on the new slate…i hope he touches 30% owned even tho his salary is a steal right now

It’s ok because I had him tonight in the tues/wed slate with Aldridge and the rest of my players tomorrow! Bang! Hoping for 4 OT’s tomorrow!

• emnj69

seriously though aldridge did not touch the ball on the rim-how does that call stand?

also gasol really 15 points? you could have had 20?

• damionismyname

• Ranked #89

RG Tiered Ranking

@emnj69 said...

seriously though aldridge did not touch the ball on the rim-how does that call stand?

also gasol really 15 points? you could have had 20?

and I win 1st in the 3 max entry. smh.. havent been that close in a long time it seems..

• superstars92

You know what’s sad about Eric Gordon (besides choking down the stretch alongside Harden). During his rookie year, many people thought he would be what James Harden is today. His numbers as a 19-20 year old rookie were amazing, especially the efficiency; so much so that he was the centerpiece of the CP3 trade. He’s probably worse now than he was as a rookie.

• gravitymaze

Think I will concentrate more on MLB or just give up. Some 4 badge a hole basically said I should a few pages back anyway.

• billholler

So I used one LU in 20 double ups and 50/50s. Finished 1st in 2 different $109 50/50s but finished last in an 11 player $50 double up with the same LU. Go figure. Not complaining though. Turned into a good night with the Beard triple double.

• tmarohl

I think I have one decent FD lineup going into tomorrow. Only had three guys going tonight. Manu, Ryan Anderson, Kawhi. Manu went for almost 10 X, Anderson for just under 7 X, and Kawhi just under 5 X.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@superstars92 said...

You know what’s sad about Eric Gordon (besides choking down the stretch alongside Harden). During his rookie year, many people thought he would be what James Harden is today. His numbers as a 19-20 year old rookie were amazing, especially the efficiency; so much so that he was the centerpiece of the CP3 trade. He’s probably worse now than he was as a rookie.

You have as many injuries as he has and your career is bound to derail a bit.

• superstars92

@Pandamonious said...

Yea I agree. Speaking of injures, since DK still does not have late swap for 2 day slates (why I have no idea since FD does and it isn’t like the news is a “breaking at 7:55 news, so scripts will dominate” type of late scratch), I don’t believe you can choose Kawhi tomorrow? Unless you want to go contrarian.

I mean I expect him to play, but you don’t know with these injuries. Lowry didn’t play the rest of the series. Rondo (although that was more obvious) also didn’t play.

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

Yea I agree. Speaking of injures, since DK still does not have late swap for 2 day slates (why I have no idea since FD does and it isn’t like the news is a “breaking at 7:55 news, so scripts will dominate” type of late scratch), I don’t believe you can choose Kawhi tomorrow? Unless you want to go contrarian.

I mean I expect him to play, but you don’t know with these injuries. Lowry didn’t play the rest of the series. Rondo (although that was more obvious) also didn’t play.

Now that SA took a 3-2 lead, If Kawhi is not fully healthy, would not be shocked at all if Pop held him out in Houston and saved him for game 7.

• bettercallsteve

Is it wreckless to play cash games at this time cause I’ve just been playing all the gpps

• tmarohl

@gravitymaze said...

Think I will concentrate more on MLB or just give up. Some 4 badge a hole basically said I should a few pages back anyway.

No he didn’t. And the only 4 badge person in here was the renowned Escot, who was giving very good and valuable advice. Some more advice, MLB is much harder than NBA.

• Pandamonious

@Pandamonious said...

Pointless fact about the CP3 trade, The Clippers sent a 1st round pick to NO in the deal, which NO used to draft Austin Rivers.

• gravitymaze

@tmarohl said...

No he didn’t. And the only 4 badge person in here was the renowned Escot, who was giving very good and valuable advice. Some more advice, MLB is much harder than NBA.

I will take mlb over two slate nba games anyday

• Pandamonious

@tmarohl said...

Some more advice, MLB is much harder than NBA.

Not necessarily, although I think it’s much more time consuming to research and put together line ups. At least with the way I operate.

• tmarohl

@gravitymaze said...

I will take mlb over two slate nba games anyday

To each his own. I probably made more money playing the late night FD slate every night of the season than anything else, and those were always two or three game slates.

• superstars92

@Pandamonious said...

Pointless fact about the CP3 trade, The Clippers sent a 1st round pick to NO in the deal, which NO used to draft Austin Rivers.

Another fact is that the Clippers have gone to as many conference finals in that time period as New Orleans.

Lol the NBA screwed around with the trade and made it worse for NO. It set them back because of Gordon’s injuries and Aminu didn’t develop until he left NO lol (now he’s a decent 3 and D type of player although he still needs to work on that 3).

Goran Dragic (part of the original Lakers deal) turned out better than all of them, and they would have gotten more cap space in the original trade.

Also, Kobe might have a few more titles.

• tmarohl

I didn’t even know Aminu was on New Orleans. I thought he played for Dallas.

• mike42

The Bos game is going to suck tomorrow, bos is going to stick it to them early and often. Fade stars, play scrubs.
    Really surprised kawhi didn’t finish game, just looked like a mild sprain. Think he would have hit a 70 burger, got me first instead of third in windmill. I’ll take it.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Not necessarily, although I think it’s much more time consuming to research and put together line ups. At least with the way I operate.

I hold my own at MLB when I put in the time. I just don’t have the time on a daily basis to do that much research anymore. I think my approach this season will just be to stick with a couple teams and stack them daily. When they hit, I hit.

• superstars92

@tmarohl said...

Him and Gordon were supposed to be the people in the trade that made it “fair” because the NBA thought NO was getting ripped off by the Lakers. It turned out the NBA ripped off NO, as well as the Lakers. Rockets actually got lucky the NBA avoided the trade, but they didn’t keep Dragic for long. If the original trade went through, a lot of franchises change. Rockets also probably don’t get James Harden (since they don’t have Kevin Martin anymore to trade for Harden). OKC might stay together and win a championship. David Stern definitely screwed this up for NO, which he was supposed to be “looking out for.”

Aminu was only a rookie then, but his frame (like 6’10”, super athletic, size of a large PF/small C but the quickness of a SF) made it seem like he had enormous upside. He’s still a good player, but he actually is only doing well recently, after he left NO. Even his 3 point shot has improved ever since he left. His defense always was going to be good when you are that long and athletic.

Eric Gordon was a beast though. Like a young Eric Gordon was comparable to Russell Westbrook. I am not even joking about that. Their first 3 years in the NBA, they had very similar stats/efficiency numbers – both were in the same class (although Westbrook got more assists since he was a PG, but Gordon had more points/better efficiency since he was a SG). He’s the same height and had the same explosiveness when they were young. He was supposed to be what James Harden is today at age 28.

• Pandamonious

@tmarohl said...

Played for the Mavs after NO.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).