NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -2 ) at Philadelphia ( 2 ) —- T: 212.5
    10:30 PM EST : Denver ( 4 ) at Portland ( -4 ) —- T: 215.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• yisman

@whothis said...

Butler will not let Philly fade like Kyrie did

got them +650 to win the series just now

I think they win tonight

• sasmallen

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #42

RG Tiered Ranking

@bhdevault said...

Still confused why some make it more of an issue than it really is.

This could be said for either side. I’m on the forums a lot (mostly reading), and the only problems I have seen before the **change happened were coming from a very small handful of people that complained about almost every post that included a gif. A couple in particular even going so far as making the complaint that the number of gifs were the reason they weren’t getting their questions answered. IMO, the reason their questions were not answered, in most cases, had more to do either with the way they asked their question, or just simply not being patient enough (mistakenly thinking every question they ask must be answered, when they want it answered).

**Change that still hasn’t been added to the written rules on posting (last I looked)

Forgot to add:

• damionismyname

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

@bhdevault said...

Not really that difficult to add some content along with the gif. Still confused why some make it more of an issue than it really is.

Honestly, it was just a handful of members that started spamming them, ramping up the complaints and making the forum unreadable. Gifs can be fun, in good taste and used within the context of the discussion.

A gif only post, adding nothing else to the discussion, isn’t needed and considered off topic.

Gif away, just add something to it.

when what you want to say is in the gif then what then? if the gif says “hell no” and that’s what I want to say then I cant just use the gif and have to spell it out. makes no sense when the gif says what you want to say. that’s the reason ppl use them.

• Ap1216

RG Overall Ranking

Is it dame time yet? I feel like everytime i play him mccollum equals his production

• whothis

Still cant believe Boston layed down like that in an elimination game

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

@sasmallen said...

**Change that still hasn’t been added to the written rules on posting (last I looked)

It’s considered off topic if there is no “NBA strategy talk for today’s games”.

• whothis

So Embid was in bed 2 days prior to last game fighting a fever/illness bed ridden, no one knew?

• sasmallen

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #42

RG Tiered Ranking

@bhdevault said...

It’s considered off topic if there is no “NBA strategy talk for today’s games”.

link?

• kdsdawg

@gaelicgirl said...

Long story short, there’s a new unwritten (i.e., not yet incorporated into the Admin Note that spells out posting guidelines) rule that you can’t post just a GIF any more – it must be accompanied by some text that is relevant to the discussion of the day’s slate.

is that the snowflake rule?

• sasmallen

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #42

RG Tiered Ranking

@kdsdawg said...

is that the snowflake rule?

And I guess any post that doesn’t contain “NBA strategy talk for today’s games” is “off topic” and will be deleted…

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

@sasmallen said...

link?

I fairly certain I don’t need a link, being I make the forum rules as the lead moderator?

Either way, lets get back to NBA discussion please. Feel free to PM me or email moderation@rotogrinders.com if you wish to discuss.

Going to just go ahead and delete any off topic posts after this post.

• sasmallen

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #42

RG Tiered Ranking

I like Siakam tonight

• RiskyBiscuits

The irony is palpable in here today.

• m203

@whothis said...

yea i was absolutely positive kyrie would show up. its crazy thats the same guy that was unbelievable vs the warriors in the upset. really shocked he went out like that

• Jonas137

I have lost more than I have won lately, maybe that’s cause I am a Portland homer. Overall it seems that Buckets, Siakam, Murray, CJ, and Milsap are still “value” as they can contribute enough to beat their salary. So, I am starting with a mid core, and seeing if I go stars scrubs from there, or build in the mids. Dame at home in an elimination game, I can’t see him failing today either. I know we could say the same for Kyrie, but Portland is playing with spirit and the Celts just quit a couple games ago it felt like.

• yisman

if anyone is curious, current odds to win the title:

Golden State Warriors
    +128
    Milwaukee Bucks
    +205
    Houston Rockets
    +435
    Toronto Raptors
    +725
    Denver Nuggets
    +2250
    Philadelphia 76ers
    +5500
    Portland Trail Blazers
    +5500

• gaelicgirl

@whothis said...

Really? I wasn’t surprised at all, they’d shown a tendency to only play team ball when ahead and then devolve into a more “every man for himself” style of iso-ball when playing from behind. Kyrie should go to the Lakers, he and LeBron deserve each other LOL

• Ap1216

RG Overall Ranking

Gary harris/ hood or barton / green

• rocketman828

This one is tough for me to choose do I go with Kawhi and Millsap or Dame and Murray on Draftkings?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Ap1216 said...

Gary harris/ hood or barton / green

I’d go Harris/Hood. I don’t think we’ve had the Harris ceiling game yet. Last game was the Green ceiling game, it just got condensed due to the blowout. Hood has been super consistent and there’s still upside in that price. Barton is the wild card out of all 4 and has the widest amount of outcomes, but I’d lean thinking he ends up on the lower end of his outcomes tonight, personally.

• ASitar

@Pandamonious said...

I’d go Harris/Hood. I don’t think we’ve had the Harris ceiling game yet. Last game was the Green ceiling game, it just got condensed due to the blowout. Hood has been super consistent and there’s still upside in that price. Barton is the wild card out of all 4 and has the widest amount of outcomes, but I’d lean thinking he ends up on the lower end of his outcomes tonight, personally.

I’ve got Hood in 2, Barton in 2. I agree that Barton is the wild card, but it’s hard to fade his 40 point upside. What do you think about Mike Scott? I have him in 2. He’ll probably see 22 minutes and if he stays out of foul trouble he could be the punt at $2,700. Also, you like Seth or do you think his L2 games were smoke in mirrors?

• ScofieldReturns

Gonna continue the trend of fading blazers/Sixers and stacking raps/nuggets. If both series close tonight I should be good

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@ASitar said...

I’ve got Hood in 2, Barton in 2. I agree that Barton is the wild card, but it’s hard to fade his 40 point upside. What do you think about Mike Scott? I have him in 2. He’ll probably see 22 minutes and if he stays out of foul trouble he could be the punt at $2,700. Also, you like Seth or do you think his L2 games were smoke in mirrors?

Yeah, I wouldn’t fade Barton if making multiple line ups, but if only doing 1 I’d stay away I think.

I think Scott is fine. It’s hard to know what you’ll need before the slate ends. It’s totally reasonable for him to get 15-18 DK points, and that might be all you need to win with him depending on how the studs do and what it allows you to fit.

I like Seth. I like the cheap role players most at home. I think they feed off the crowd a bit better usually. I’m using Scott, Curry, and Collins a somewhat decent amount. More so than Plumlee.

• Ap1216

RG Overall Ranking

Yea i agree with harris especially if he has a night where he is actually shooting well we could get that 40 point ceiling game

• Ap1216

RG Overall Ranking

Any interest in kanter tonight? Has he been limited last game if it didnt blow out what was he looking at 31-34 minutes?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler