NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Boston ( 12 ) at Brooklyn ( -12 ) —- T: 232.5
    9:00 PM EST : Portland ( 2 ) at Denver ( -2 ) —- T: 226
    10:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 5 ) at Phoenix ( -5 ) —- T: 207.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• factorial89

line has brooklyn at -12 vs. boston.my 1st. lineup has durant and irving and go from there.no kemba and no A.D.lakere/suns total only 207.

• bazerko

I think you have to have at least one Laker. AD out is going to open up a ton of usage.

• mbunner23

If there’s ever a night to play DFS Lebron, it’s tonight.

• Brendan239

Single bullet, been getting killed the past two days. Not making any changes just rolling w my gut.

Dame/Caruso (only LAL)/BB/KD/Crowder/Ayton/2 Celtics not named Tatum/1 more Blazer

GL tonight

• monarch

I need to start doing better in these showdowns.

Some thoughts on the Nets-Celtics.

Kevin Durant- Closeout game super consistent across all categories, he is my preferred captain.
    James Harden- Good Utility play, will probably have him in most lineups. His totals were elevated a little in recent games with blocks and eighteen assists.
    Kyrie Irving-I will probably pass for the most part on Kyrie. It seems like he likes to alternate ceiling efforts, coming off an eleven rebound game I think he has a good scoring game but not a necessary DFS total.
    Jayson Tatum-Easily the most volatile option. My gut tells me he finishes behind KD, Harden and ahead of Kyrie if the Nets lay the hammer. If it ends up being a close game then he can become the captain but he is not at home where he has attempted 15, 17 and 18 free throw attempts in his last three playoff games.
    Marcus Smart-Kinda pricey if the game were to get out of hand. I think he correlates with Tatum, if the Celtics are in it then he can get there.
    Tristan Thompson-Hard pass at his price. He benefitted from the Time Lord injury in blowout run since then Stevens has turned back to Jabari Parker who would be more likely to benefit from fourth quarter run.
    Joe Harris-Hard pass as well, I think the Nets big three will be doing all the scoring here. He had his big game all ready.
    Evan Fournier-He is unfortunately exposed in this series.
    Bruce Brown Jr price, his ceiling is a little down now that everyone is playing although his minutes have benefitted from Jeff Green being out. He just gets less rebounds and assists not that he is generally always playing alongside KD or Kyrie. Good utility play.
    Payton Pritchard-The PP CPT lineups almost got there but narrowly missed last game. For a guy like Pritchard to be the captain the game needs to go crazy and have KD, Harden, Kyrie and Tatum all do really well but not distinguish themselves from the field. That is a really rare outcome.
    Romeo Langford-I think he is a good utility play. He is in the rotation and also plays in blowout run, that is a double bonus.
    Tyler Johnson-He is basically a cheaper version of the Romeo Langford play.
    Nic Claxton-He has been a little bit of a DFS dissapointment and if the game were to get out of hand the Nets have been playing Reggie Perry.
    Blake Griffin-Not getting there which means he probably is the captain tonight and is the mistake I make but not including him.
    Aaron Nesmith, Mike James, Grant Williams, Tremont Waters, Landry Shamet, Jabari Parker-Flip a coin, who knows some of those guys could be utility plays.

I think it will be a blowout…either way KD and Harden are the only two I feel really good about.

• bazerko

Davis Bertans out 4-6 weeks

• monarch

Something else I noticed in popcornmachine game logs.

At the end of game three the Nets found a lineup with Kevin Durant at center. They went to that in the third quarter of game four and the majority of the fourth quarter. This is a new development and bad news for Griffin, Green and Claxton going forward. For this particular game it could be good for Parker and Grant Williams but bad for Tristan Thompson. Also speaks to a very fast and small series coming up with the Bucks. Nets may have found their five out death lineup.

• billythekidcowboysheat

🚫 bos-bkn, maybe dart throws at Pritchard or nesmith.

I don’t wanna hear no nothing when jae goes off again. Shouldn’t worry any about him fouling out anymore with no glass. Cp3/crowder with lbj and at least 1 maybe 2 laker value.

• Brendan239

@monarch said...

I need to start doing better in these showdowns.

Some thoughts on the Nets-Celtics.

Kevin Durant- Closeout game super consistent across all categories, he is my preferred captain.
    James Harden- Good Utility play, will probably have him in most lineups. His totals were elevated a little in recent games with blocks and eighteen assists.
    Kyrie Irving-I will probably pass for the most part on Kyrie. It seems like he likes to alternate ceiling efforts, coming off an eleven rebound game I think he has a good scoring game but not a necessary DFS total.
    Jayson Tatum-Easily the most volatile option. My gut tells me he finishes behind KD, Harden and ahead of Kyrie if the Nets lay the hammer. If it ends up being a close game then he can become the captain but he is not at home where he has attempted 15, 17 and 18 free throw attempts in his last three playoff games.
    Marcus Smart-Kinda pricey if the game were to get out of hand. I think he correlates with Tatum, if the Celtics are in it then he can get there.
    Tristan Thompson-Hard pass at his price. He benefitted from the Time Lord injury in blowout run since then Stevens has turned back to Jabari Parker who would be more likely to benefit from fourth quarter run.
    Joe Harris-Hard pass as well, I think the Nets big three will be doing all the scoring here. He had his big game all ready.
    Evan Fournier-He is unfortunately exposed in this series.
    Bruce Brown Jr price, his ceiling is a little down now that everyone is playing although his minutes have benefitted from Jeff Green being out. He just gets less rebounds and assists not that he is generally always playing alongside KD or Kyrie. Good utility play.
    Payton Pritchard-The PP CPT lineups almost got there but narrowly missed last game. For a guy like Pritchard to be the captain the game needs to go crazy and have KD, Harden, Kyrie and Tatum all do really well but not distinguish themselves from the field. That is a really rare outcome.
    Romeo Langford-I think he is a good utility play. He is in the rotation and also plays in blowout run, that is a double bonus.
    Tyler Johnson-He is basically a cheaper version of the Romeo Langford play.
    Nic Claxton-He has been a little bit of a DFS dissapointment and if the game were to get out of hand the Nets have been playing Reggie Perry.
    Blake Griffin-Not getting there which means he probably is the captain tonight and is the mistake I make but not including him.
    Aaron Nesmith, Mike James, Grant Williams, Tremont Waters, Landry Shamet, Jabari Parker-Flip a coin, who knows some of those guys could be utility plays.

I think it will be a blowout…either way KD and Harden are the only two I feel really good about.

• Wooden_Bones

@mbunner23 said...

If there’s ever a night to play DFS Lebron, it’s tonight.

Agree. But after having my big spend ups the last two slates (AD & Embiid) tank my lineups after getting hurt I’m half expecting LeBron to re-injure his ankle tonight if I click on him.

• bazerko

Chris Paul at 6600 on DK seems underpriced. I know that his shoulder health is a mystery, but that price is still too low in my opinon

• zeeshan2

lock lebron and cp3 like everyone else and go from there

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

Also speaks to a very fast and small series coming up with the Bucks. Nets may have found their five out death lineup.

Are you ever really small when both teams are rolling out 7 footers at F?

• mbunner23

@tmarohl said...

Are you ever really small when both teams are rolling out 7 footers at F?

To answer that simply, yes.

Paul-Fever tonight 6600.. Gasol-Mania! Going right back to Powell & COV…. Crowder again.. and of course LBJ goes nuts tonight. Like Schroder to bounce back at 5800. Smart 6300. Some Langfords and Parkers as well to fit in a couple Jokic.

• tmarohl

@866 said...

Paul-Fever tonight 6600.. Gasol-Mania! Going right back to Powell & COV…. Crowder again.. and of course LBJ goes nuts tonight. Like Schroder to bounce back at 5800. Smart 6300. Some Langfords and Parkers as well to fit in a couple Jokic.

I like most of those calls, although Smart is $6,500, which seems a little steep to me. I never get German Rondo right either, but I think $5,800 is steep for him as well.

• Yeoman

@bazerko said...

Davis Bertans out 4-6 weeks

So there’s a chance he’ll be back for the finals?

• ifthethunder

@Yeoman said...

So there’s a chance he’ll be back for the finals?

Yes sir!
    ~

• NDNole

More raw points. German rondo or Crowder?

• bazerko

I think you mean training camp

• bazerko

I think Schroeder is a good play when Lebron is out and AD is in. But since it’s flipped, he’ll be playing off ball more and his shot will have to be falling for him to have upside. Lebron is going to have the ball in his hands a lot, which is not the best setup for Schroeder.

• NDNole

@monarch said...

Something else I noticed in popcornmachine game logs.

At the end of game three the Nets found a lineup with Kevin Durant at center. They went to that in the third quarter of game four and the majority of the fourth quarter. This is a new development and bad news for Griffin, Green and Claxton going forward. For this particular game it could be good for Parker and Grant Williams but bad for Tristan Thompson. Also speaks to a very fast and small series coming up with the Bucks. Nets may have found their five out death lineup.

Nice tidbit of info right there. I agree that could speed up the pace if they go to that again.

• NDNole

@bazerko said...

I think Schroeder is a good play when Lebron is out and AD is in. But since it’s flipped, he’ll be playing off ball more and his shot will have to be falling for him to have upside. Lebron is going to have the ball in his hands a lot, which is not the best setup for Schroeder.

Exactly why im wonder which is the better play between Schroeder and Crowder. I think price wise crowder is a little better but if he doesnt go 5-8 from three or something like that he might dud. On the other hand no glass might mean he prospers in other ways. But those laker shots are going somewhere and I wonder if its Schroeder.

• billythekidcowboysheat

I kinda of think this is the cj explosion game, he looked great in the 2nd half of game 4 vs denver.

• bazerko

Well I think the majority of AD’s usage is going to be divided between: LBJ, Schroeder, Kuzma, Morris, KCP.

Looking at it, how is no one playing this game like it could be a blowout? The Suns could roll the Lakers here tonight

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).