NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Boston ( 12 ) at Brooklyn ( -12 ) —- T: 232.5
    9:00 PM EST : Portland ( 2 ) at Denver ( -2 ) —- T: 226
    10:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 5 ) at Phoenix ( -5 ) —- T: 207.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Yeoman

@NDNole said...

But those laker shots are going somewhere

Ben McLemore.

This is after Lebron rolls his bad ankle and the Lakers get down 40.

• tmarohl

@bazerko said...

Well I think the majority of AD’s usage is going to be divided between: LBJ, Schroeder, Kuzma, Morris, KCP.

Looking at it, how is no one playing this game like it could be a blowout? The Suns could roll the Lakers here tonight

Grind Down had a little tidbid in it that basically laid out two scenarios. #1 Where Lebron puts the team on his back and has a monster game. #2 Game is not all that competitive and Vogel waives the white flag early.

• bazerko

I know Lebron is going to be high owned, so basically it comes down to if you fade Lebron, you are hoping the game is a blowout and you just fade it completely. I can’t see any Laker getting there unless Lebron is getting there too and the game is competitive.

• tmarohl

@bazerko said...

I know Lebron is going to be high owned, so basically it comes down to if you fade Lebron, you are hoping the game is a blowout and you just fade it completely. I can’t see any Laker getting there unless Lebron is getting there too and the game is competitive.

If you think it blows out, you would play guys like THT, McLemore, etc.

• damionismyname

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@Yeoman said...

So there’s a chance he’ll be back for the finals?

Sure

• dominicanpapi

I would be shocked if the Lakers score 90 points tonight. They scored 15 in the 3rd quarter last game, and the game got out of hand late and they made a little run in the 4th. Surrounding cast is just absolute trash.

• Yeoman

@tmarohl said...

Grind Down had a little tidbid in it that basically laid out two scenarios. #1 Where Lebron puts the team on his back and has a monster game. #2 Game is not all that competitive and Vogel waives the white flag early.

That seems right to me. We’ve seen healthy Lebron win finals games with the four stooges…but he’s not healthy right now. How not is the big question.

• mbunner23

@dominicanpapi said...

I would be shocked if the Lakers score 90 points tonight. They scored 15 in the 3rd quarter last game, and the game got out of hand late and they made a little run in the 4th. Surrounding cast is just absolute trash.

I agree, however it’s so funny to me that people always talk about how much help LeBron has on his teams. After Bron and AD, that roster isn’t very good. The majority of his Cleveland teams were not good. The Heat were good.

• Yeoman

@dominicanpapi said...

Surrounding cast is just absolute trash.

Lebron won two finals games over GSW with a surrounding cast of Dellavedova, Shumpert, Mozgov, Thompson and J.R. Smith. James Jones rounded out the rotation.

This isn’t worse and the Suns aren’t GSW.

• dominicanpapi

@Yeoman said...

Lebron won two finals games over GSW with a surrounding cast of Dellavedova, Shumpert, Mozgov, Thompson and J.R. Smith. James Jones rounded out the rotation.

This isn’t worse and the Suns aren’t GSW.

How many years ago was that though? He’s 36 playing on a bum ankle facing a team that was top 10 in defensive efficiency. If you took the scoring pace of the last two quarters of Game 4, that’s roughly 84-85 total points in a game. I don’t see it, especially at 10K on FD.

• Yeoman

@damionismyname said...

Sure

:)

I just think it’s funny when they announce “4-6 weeks” for a guy whose season is going to be over before the week is out…as if we care when he’s going to be able to get off his couch during his summer vacation.

• bazerko

Lebron is more of a volume play tonight because if the game is close, Lakers will run him out there for 40 minutes. It seems that his ankle is still an issue though and he isn’t driving to the hoop as much this series.

• dominicanpapi

@mbunner23 said...

I agree, however it’s so funny to me that people always talk about how much help LeBron has on his teams. After Bron and AD, that roster isn’t very good. The majority of his Cleveland teams were not good. The Heat were good.

It’s a testament to how those front offices built the team around him. Cavs surrounding core was terrible, but they also had Kyrie and Love.

Heat were great, they had just about everything.

Lakers whiffed on Schroeder and Harrell, and I read something earlier that THT and Caruso might command $12 mil a year which is absolutely crazy.

• NDNole

I think I made my mind up. German Rondo steps up and plays well as the robin to Brons batman. The caveat being there was a point made earlier that Schroeder is better with Bron out and AD in vs the other way around. I just think with Bron less than 100% he might try and help Schroeder get his shot off.

This is prime reason why uber athletes like bron need to keep growing their post/mid post game as they get older/slower and hurt more. Not that that part of his game isnt good but he better take the next year or 2 and master the fadewaway and the other detailed aspects of the post.

• Yeoman

@dominicanpapi said...

How many years ago was that though? He’s 36 playing on a bum ankle facing a team that was top 10 in defensive efficiency. If you took the scoring pace of the last two quarters of Game 4, that’s roughly 84-85 total points in a game. I don’t see it, especially at 10K on FD.

I think he’s still got that in him, for a night anyway…except for the bum ankle.

He goes for 80 or he craps out—I don’t see a middle ground here. And when I finally close out my lineup I’ll probably be on your side of the argument. Mostly I think I’m just trying to point out what mbunner said more concisely. Nobody’s ever won more with less than Lebron. The talent level on his Cavs teams was abysmal.

• tmarohl

@Yeoman said...

I think he’s still got that in him, for a night anyway…except for the bum ankle.

He goes for 80 or he craps out—I don’t see a middle ground here. And when I finally close out my lineup I’ll probably be on your side of the argument. Mostly I think I’m just trying to point out what mbunner said more concisely. Nobody’s ever won more with less than Lebron. The talent level on his Cavs teams was abysmal.

Talent was fine, just injury ravaged. Love and Kyrie were out if I recall.

• Yeoman

@tmarohl said...

Talent was fine, just injury ravaged. Love and Kyrie were out if I recall.

I’m also thinking about Mo Williams and Delonte West. He won 66 games with those guys and Ilgauskas as the only other offensive options.

• tmarohl

Is Fanduel down for anyone else who is trying to enter a lineup?

• chronoxiong

@tmarohl said...

It’s down for me too. It doesn’t want us to donate money tonight.

• strassnerte

@tmarohl said...

Yes and all of my live entries are gone along with my upcoming lineups.

• tmarohl

I had reserved five, the money is gone from my balance, but the upcoming entries page is blank.

• tmarohl

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    ·
    1m
    Joel Embiid will be doubful for Game 5, sources tell ESPN. He had an MRI on his right knee today, and is expected to be evaluated further in next day.

• Yeoman

It’s not just NBA, either—I had a tennis lineup entered there for tomorrow and it and the entry fee have also disappeared.

• ifthethunder

@Yeoman said...

:)

I just think it’s funny when they announce “4-6 weeks” for a guy whose season is going to be over before the week is out…as if we care when he’s going to be able to get off his couch during his summer vacation.

Hay Hey Hay now!
    ~

• WildFireXXI

@Yeoman said...

That seems right to me. We’ve seen healthy Lebron win finals games with the four stooges…but he’s not healthy right now. How not is the big question.

How is Lebron not healthy right now? Because he was hurt a month ago?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).